Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016?

Go down 
+2
Dam_Noir
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016? Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016?   Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 1:20 am

Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016? Modern10

Quote :
The upcoming Destiny game is not our concern here.

According to court documents involving the publishing deal between Activision and Bungie, we first learn that the game known as "Destiny Games #1" is currently being developed for the Xbox 360 and its successor, the Xbox 720. The title is expected to arrive for autumn 2013, which implies the new Xbox console might be available by that time.

But even more interesting - at least for us, being a PlayStation-oriented site - is the fact that Activision doesn't expect to release a PS4 title ("Comet #2") until 2016. Therefore, it's logical to say the publisher's #1 franchise, Call of Duty, won't hit PlayStation's new system for quite some time. Maybe it's also safe to assume a CoD will be available for the Xbox 720, while the same game is only made for the PS3 (with no PS4 offering). This is the sentence that intrigues us:

"It does not expect to make titles for PS4 until 2016, however."

So what can we gather from Activision's approach? That the PS4 is behind the 720 in terms of development?

Source: PSX
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016?   Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:45 am

Playstation owners will be rejoicing at not having that stain on their system...

Who knows, hopefully COD will have gone down the same route as Guitar Hero by 2016?

Last edited by Dam_Noir on Thu May 24, 2012 5:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016?   Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 7:30 am

I don't think any playstation owner here would mind. Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016? 725796345
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016?   Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:21 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
I don't think any playstation owner here would mind. Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016? 725796345
Seconded.
Keep that shit off my trey!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016?   Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Although not liked on this site it doesn't change the fact that COD is a serious console pusher and is a massive blow to the playstation
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016?   Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:40 pm

At least it'll have Battlefield.

:alone:
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016?   Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:44 pm

Sony better do something about this, or their COD playstation fan base will be
switching to xbox.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016?   Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:56 am

Boo Hoo, let them switch if they want, who cares?
At least we won't have to worry about the amateurs ruining other FPS games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016?   Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty won't hit PS4 until 2016?
Page 1 of 1