Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saints Row 4 would've included Stephen Colbert, Dragons and Monkey Summoning guns

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Saints Row 4 would've included Stephen Colbert, Dragons and Monkey Summoning guns Empty
PostSubject: Saints Row 4 would've included Stephen Colbert, Dragons and Monkey Summoning guns   Saints Row 4 would've included Stephen Colbert, Dragons and Monkey Summoning guns I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Quote :
In the original version of Saints Row IV, you did not play as the President of the United States.

“We wanted Stephen Colbert to be the President,” Volition creative director Steve Jaros tells IGN. “I have concept art that’s amazing. It’s Stephen Colbert on a battlefield holding the American flag, his sleeves are ripped off, he’s got a bald eagle tattoo. That’s Steven Jr.” he says. “It was badass,but finally it was like, f**k it, you’re the President. Why give it to someone else?”

Numerous things changed between the initial Saints Row IV concept and what we have now. Stephen Colbert as the President of the United States of America is the least crazy of the lot.

As you may recall, Saints Row The Third’s last add-on content was to be Enter the Dominatrix, an expansion that later rolled up into Saints Row IV, which began production toward the end of its predecessor’s development cycle. Combining the two projects caused problems, however.

“Merging them was not a drag and drop proposition. There were things we were doing on Dominatrix that just wouldn’t make sense in Saints Row IV,” Jaros explains. “Then even the stuff we wanted to take from Dominatrix to move in to Saints Row IV had to be totally redone because the story wouldn’t make any sense.”

“I wrote a State of the Union address that was from the point of view of The Rock,” Jaros explains. He also “really wanted Meryl Streep so badly in Saints Row. I wanted her so badly for this game. There’s a role, I’m not going to tell you what she was going to be, but I think where we ended up is so much of a better joke.”

I ask if there’s anything Volition ever says “no” to.

“We had a gun, and I’m not even s**tting you, that summoned monkeys with hammers," Jaros responds.

It gets even sillier.

“Saints Row IV had a dragon." It was ultimately cut because, well, it was too much, and it didn’t really work.

The nonsense included in the current version of Saints Row IV -- including a dubstep gun -- impressed IGN despite the absence of Colbert, The Rock, a dragon, and Meryl Streep.

NOOOOOOOO i want Stephen Colbert in this game right now!!! 😡

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/23/saints-row-4-had-stephen-colbert-dragons-monkey-summons
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Saints Row 4 would've included Stephen Colbert, Dragons and Monkey Summoning guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 4 would've included Stephen Colbert, Dragons and Monkey Summoning guns   Saints Row 4 would've included Stephen Colbert, Dragons and Monkey Summoning guns I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 7:36 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Quote :
In the original version of Saints Row IV, you did not play as the President of the United States.

“We wanted Stephen Colbert to be the President,” Volition creative director Steve Jaros tells IGN. “I have concept art that’s amazing. It’s Stephen Colbert on a battlefield holding the American flag, his sleeves are ripped off, he’s got a bald eagle tattoo. That’s Steven Jr.” he says. “It was badass,but finally it was like, f**k it, you’re the President. Why give it to someone else?”

Numerous things changed between the initial Saints Row IV concept and what we have now. Stephen Colbert as the President of the United States of America is the least crazy of the lot.

As you may recall, Saints Row The Third’s last add-on content was to be Enter the Dominatrix, an expansion that later rolled up into Saints Row IV, which began production toward the end of its predecessor’s development cycle. Combining the two projects caused problems, however.

“Merging them was not a drag and drop proposition. There were things we were doing on Dominatrix that just wouldn’t make sense in Saints Row IV,” Jaros explains. “Then even the stuff we wanted to take from Dominatrix to move in to Saints Row IV had to be totally redone because the story wouldn’t make any sense.”

“I wrote a State of the Union address that was from the point of view of The Rock,” Jaros explains. He also “really wanted Meryl Streep so badly in Saints Row. I wanted her so badly for this game. There’s a role, I’m not going to tell you what she was going to be, but I think where we ended up is so much of a better joke.”

I ask if there’s anything Volition ever says “no” to.

“We had a gun, and I’m not even s**tting you, that summoned monkeys with hammers," Jaros responds.

It gets even sillier.

“Saints Row IV had a dragon." It was ultimately cut because, well, it was too much, and it didn’t really work.

The nonsense included in the current version of Saints Row IV -- including a dubstep gun -- impressed IGN despite the absence of Colbert, The Rock, a dragon, and Meryl Streep.

NOOOOOOOO i want Stephen Colbert in this game right now!!! 😡

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/23/saints-row-4-had-stephen-colbert-dragons-monkey-summons

THIS! LMAO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 4 would've included Stephen Colbert, Dragons and Monkey Summoning guns   Saints Row 4 would've included Stephen Colbert, Dragons and Monkey Summoning guns I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 10:05 am

Crazy nonsense doesn't make a good game. Saints Row The Third really pushed the boat, IV seems like a superhero/open world game as opposed to how it originally started.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row 4 would've included Stephen Colbert, Dragons and Monkey Summoning guns   Saints Row 4 would've included Stephen Colbert, Dragons and Monkey Summoning guns I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saints Row 4 would've included Stephen Colbert, Dragons and Monkey Summoning guns
Page 1 of 1