Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PS4 coming in 2013!

Go down 
+7
Stoney
The Enkindler
Orc
RamboOnRedBull
igame
Mikenuge
Mecha
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PS4 coming in 2013! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PS4 coming in 2013! Empty
PostSubject: PS4 coming in 2013!   PS4 coming in 2013! I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:45 pm

PS4 coming in 2013! Playst12

Quote :
The follow-up to the PlayStation 3 is due in 2013, and was – at one point at least – going to be download-only, with no optical drive attached at all.
The news comes via the WSJ, citing sources “familiar with the matter” and claims that Sony “considered but ultimately rejected a download-only plan” for the PlayStation 4.

The paper describes the platform holder’s considerations as “flirting”, saying that dropping the drive would have broken “decades old tradition”.

The main reason for the reversal? Internet speeds around the world – they’re just not up to the job.

Yet.

The WSJ says that the latest PS4 “prototype” uses AMD technology and is due next year.

It appears Microsoft were in the same boat, too, although they too will be resorting to a drive in addition to any download options.

Nobody now expects either company to show off their new consoles next week in L.A., but they’ll almost certainly be shown behind closed doors to developers and investors – there’s plenty of secret rooms upstairs…

Source: TheSixthAxis
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: PS4 coming in 2013!   PS4 coming in 2013! I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:59 pm

i didnt know that the WSJ now announces Sony products Suspect

What is certain is that the new consoles are on their way : ) could be as early as a Q4 release date for both the PS4 and the new xbox but its all rumors and until m$ and Sony give you the information and specs its all BS

Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: PS4 coming in 2013!   PS4 coming in 2013! I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 1:59 am

i really hope its true.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PS4 coming in 2013!   PS4 coming in 2013! I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:06 am

I won't believe these shit rumors anymore until they are confirmed by the company.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PS4 coming in 2013! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: PS4 coming in 2013!   PS4 coming in 2013! I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 5:29 am

The title is quite gay.

It makes it sound as if SONY confirmed the PS4, and not some sort of fucking rumor.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: PS4 coming in 2013!   PS4 coming in 2013! I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 5:47 am

lol at the picture. Nice boomerangs with no analog sticks.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: PS4 coming in 2013!   PS4 coming in 2013! I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:08 am

Lykos wrote:
lol at the picture. Nice boomerangs with no analog sticks.
U no liek boomerangs?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: PS4 coming in 2013!   PS4 coming in 2013! I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:41 am

Anyone think we'll at least see a tech demo this year from either company?
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer

PostSubject: Re: PS4 coming in 2013!   PS4 coming in 2013! I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:42 am

And to think a controller with that design was about to be the ps3 controller, glad
they changed it.

Developers are already developing for next gen, so a tech demo is a small possibility,
i personally am excited to see the Unreal Engine 4 tech demo.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: PS4 coming in 2013!   PS4 coming in 2013! I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 12:09 pm

igame wrote:
Developers are already developing for next gen

thats most likely true devs will get their hands on the kit long before the press knows about it
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PS4 coming in 2013!   PS4 coming in 2013! I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:05 pm

2013 sounds like a good time frame.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: PS4 coming in 2013!   PS4 coming in 2013! I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Doesnt anyone else think the PS3 still has the juice to continue a couple years? Do we need a brand new console to split the market?
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PS4 coming in 2013! 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: PS4 coming in 2013!   PS4 coming in 2013! I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:13 pm

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
Doesnt anyone else think the PS3 still has the juice to continue a couple years? Do we need a brand new console to split the market?

Me too

I don't want to have to shell out another $400 for another video game console just yet.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer

PostSubject: Re: PS4 coming in 2013!   PS4 coming in 2013! I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:29 pm

Don't want to sound like some PC elitist, but this gen consoles have been out for
quite some time, they can't do games in 1080p, only 30fps on most games, and
some games dip below that at times, thus why most console games don't use AA.

I can see the ps3 still having some juice since they continue to get out some fantastic
exclusives games tho. But as far as multiplatform games go, i really think they
need to get out some new hardware.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: PS4 coming in 2013!   PS4 coming in 2013! I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:23 pm

Chobo wrote:
Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:

Me too

I don't want to have to shell out another $400 for another video game console just yet.

It's not like you are forced to buy a console the day it comes out, they still support their previous console (like God of War 2). I'd prefer they release a new console now and then buy it once it has a new model/price drop and a decent amount of exclusives.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS4 coming in 2013!   PS4 coming in 2013! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS4 coming in 2013!
Page 1 of 1