Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncharted designer Richard Lemarchand leaves Naughty Dog

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Uncharted designer Richard Lemarchand leaves Naughty Dog  Empty
PostSubject: Uncharted designer Richard Lemarchand leaves Naughty Dog    Uncharted designer Richard Lemarchand leaves Naughty Dog  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:10 am

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1224002p1.html

Quote :
Uncharted designer Richard Lemarchand has left Sony-owned developer Naughty Dog after 8 years to teach at USC.

Gamasutra originally reported Lemarchand's departure, which will see him take up a position at the University of Southern California teaching Interactive Media. This is same course taken by Journey developers Kellee Santiago and Jenova.

"I think the simplest answer is that it seems like a natural transition point," Lemarchand says.

"I was involved with the development of the Uncharted series not quite from the beginning, but almost... and even though the Uncharted series isn't intended to be viewed as a trilogy, maybe there's something about the number three that felt... there is a certain amount of completeness for me."

"For about ten years now, I've wanted to make a different kind of game, alongside my professional practice," says Lemarchand. "I've always really loved working on the kinds of blockbuster AAA games that I've had the opportunity to work on, and I think I've been exceptionally lucky -- it's partly by luck and a little bit of judgment I've gotten to work on big games that are also, I think, real exemplars in terms of craft, and hopefully, ultimately, with some transcendent aspects to them."

This move will see Lemarchand move away from the blockbuster games in which he made his name. "I've always loved the experimental and avant-garde," he reveals. "I wanted to try to make a game in that sphere for the best part of a decade, now." In his new role at USC, Lemarchand will work on experiential games as part of a research project.

Lemarchand began his career at Crystal Dynamics working on the Legacy of Kain series. He joined Naughty Dog back in 2004, originally working on Jak X: Combat Racing, and has worked on all of the Uncharted titles in a range of design roles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17

Uncharted designer Richard Lemarchand leaves Naughty Dog
Page 1 of 1