Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog

Go down 
+5
Angelus
Orion
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
yonny616
9 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog Empty
PostSubject: Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog   Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:27 am

Quote :
Amy Hennig, the creative director and writer on the Uncharted series, has left developer Naughty Dog.

Numerous trusted sources close to Naughty Dog have verified Hennig’s departure from the studio. She was writing and leading development of Uncharted PS4. Her final day at the studio was Monday, March 3.

Sources claim Hennig was “forced out” by The Last of Us’ Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley, and explained that Uncharted may now come under their control.

Hennig recently celebrated her 10th anniversary with Naughty Dog, where she served as director and writer on Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves , and Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception. Her work was recently profiled in IGN’s The History of Naughty Dog.

Sony has verified to IGN that Amy Hennig has left Naughty Dog. "We can confirm that Amy Hennig has left Naughty Dog. Amy has made significant contributions to the game industry and we appreciate all she has done for Naughty Dog. The development timeline of Uncharted will not be impacted."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/05/uncharted-ps4-writer-amy-hennig-leaves-naughty-dog

If they really forced her out, then that's fucked up.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog   Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:30 am

Not sure how I feel about this?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog   Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:22 am

That's a shame. She's a talented writer. It's really messed up if they forced her out, after all she's done for their games.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog   Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:19 pm

Good. Maybe now uncharted 4 wont be the same shit.

MUH LOST CITY.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog   Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:46 pm

Shigdig wrote:
Good. Maybe now uncharted 4 wont be the same shit.

MUH LOST CITY.
Pretty much this, the plot has never been that great, although the dialogue has always been pretty fun and good.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog   Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:49 pm

Bring on David Goyer to write the fourth game. He brought a whole new TWIST on the Superman mythology with Man of Steel.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog   Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 5:46 pm

Mecha wrote:
Bring on David Goyer to write the fourth game. He brought a whole new TWIST on the Superman mythology with Man of Steel.

I don't think his style really suits the series. He'd probably turn Elena into a damsel in distress, and have Nate kill Sully.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog   Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 6:10 pm

You could say we've hit...uncharted territory.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog   Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 6:40 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog   Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:26 pm

Sounds like a power struggle in the Naughty Dog complex.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog   Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 6:25 pm

I hope this means Uncharted 4 will go in a new direction, then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog   Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:38 pm

Uncharted creator not “forced out” of Naughty Dog – co-presidents

Quote :
Uncharted creator Amy Hennig was not “forced out” of Naughty Dog, according to co-presidents Evan Wells and Christophe Balestra.

“We feel it necessary to clear up a very important point that was unprofessionally misreported when the story broke. Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann were NOT involved in what transpired,” the pair said in a statement published on the Naughty Dog website.

“It was very upsetting to us that dozens of stories were run, linking back to the same hurtful accusations in the original report. As co-presidents of Naughty Dog, we are responsible for all studio affairs.

“Normally, we wouldn’t respond to rumours and speculation on matters that are internal to Naughty Dog, but because the personal reputation of two of our employees is being damaged we needed to set the record straight. There is nothing left to be said on this subject. Now we’re going back to what we should be focused on – making games.”

The news of Hennig’s departure was broken yesterday by IGN, citing anonymous sources after Sony and Naughty Dog did not supply comment by time of publication. The report was later confirmed by Sony, verifying IGN’s claims, but this new statement apparently repudiates the claim that there was some sort of ill-feeling or political machination behind Hennig’s exit.

Naughty Dog is currently working on a new Uncharted game for PlayStation 4, which we’re calling Uncharted 4 or Uncharted PS4 for convenience’s sake, as well as the final, multiplayer-focused DLC pack for The Last of Us. Hennig’s departure won’t affect Uncharted, the developer said yesterday. We’re expecting some sort of reveal from the studio soon.

Thanks, Kotaku.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog   Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:46 pm

That's PR Damage Control. I'm sure Bruce and Neil had nothing to do with it but Amy Henning was definitely fired.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog   Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 7:29 am

The_Biotic_God wrote:
You could ... but you shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog   Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uncharted Writer Amy Henning Leaves Naughty Dog
Page 1 of 1