Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony adding speech recognition tech to PS4?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony adding speech recognition tech to PS4? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Sony adding speech recognition tech to PS4? Empty
PostSubject: Sony adding speech recognition tech to PS4?   Sony adding speech recognition tech to PS4? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:32 pm

Sony adding speech recognition tech to PS4? Orbisn10

Quote :
It's always nifty...even if it doesn't always work right.

According to TheSixthAxis, there's a distinct possibility that the new PlayStation console will include a speech recognition feature, which is interesting.

This is due to a LinkedIn job listing that reads:

"Sony Computer Entertainment America’s Research and Development department has a summer internship opportunity available. This intern will work within the Acoustic Analysis Group and the team is looking for motivated and enthusiastic students who will contribute to the voice recognition system and technologies for the PlayStation platforms."

The PS3 and Vita don't have a voice recognition system, so we'll just have to assume they're talking about a future project. Right now, all information concerning the PS4 can only be classified as "rumor," so you can't go around telling everyone the new PlayStation will have voice recognition. But then again, maybe you should...it's definitely a conversation-starter.

Perhaps Sony will drop the bomb at E3, which would make perfect sense. On the other hand, if the PS4 is too far away (which is possible), maybe we should be looking at E3 2013.

Source: PSX
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Sony adding speech recognition tech to PS4?   Sony adding speech recognition tech to PS4? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Or they could spend more time on making sure important shit actually works and adding shit we didnt get this gen yet were screaming out for..aka cross game chat and in-game custom soundtracks. I know some games allowed in game soundtracks...but all of them should.

I want to kill some people to Godsmack...is that too much to ask?
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Sony adding speech recognition tech to PS4?   Sony adding speech recognition tech to PS4? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
aka cross game chat and in-game custom soundtracks. I know some games allowed in game soundtracks...but all of them should.?

PS Vita. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Sony adding speech recognition tech to PS4?   Sony adding speech recognition tech to PS4? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:59 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
aka cross game chat and in-game custom soundtracks. I know some games allowed in game soundtracks...but all of them should.?

PS Vita. Nuff said.

Nobody has it. Everyone has PS3. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony adding speech recognition tech to PS4?   Sony adding speech recognition tech to PS4? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony adding speech recognition tech to PS4?
Page 1 of 1