Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service

Go down 
+3
Bluenose
The_Biotic_God
Jack the Spectre
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service Empty
PostSubject: Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service   Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:12 pm

http://www.psuni.com/netflix-dvd-service-now-called-qwikster-will-offer-video-game-rentals-11139/
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service   Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:27 pm

They spelled "quickster" with a w. How cute.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service   Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:39 pm

Is this a bad thing..?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service   Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:00 pm

Teckno wrote:
Is this a bad thing..?
Only time will tell. It's annoying that Netflix is breaking itself up into two services, because that means you'll need two accounts and will be billed twice on your credit card every month. As for the video games, I don't see anything wrong with that. I hope the selection is good.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service   Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:13 pm

I thought this was announced a while ago?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service   Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:01 pm

TRF wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Is this a bad thing..?
Only time will tell. It's annoying that Netflix is breaking itself up into two services, because that means you'll need two accounts and will be billed twice on your credit card every month. As for the video games, I don't see anything wrong with that. I hope the selection is good.

Maybe this will give you an excuse to actually use your consoles for..you know...playing games?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service   Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
TRF wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Is this a bad thing..?

Maybe this will give you an excuse to actually use your consoles for..you know...playing games?
My Blu-Ray player can play games?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service   Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:02 pm

TRF wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
TRF wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Is this a bad thing..?

My Blu-Ray player can play games?

Yea who would have guessed.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service   Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:03 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Well this is news to me. Hell, I use it to grill chicken and burgers, but I never knew it could play video games. Technology these days . . .
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service   Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:09 pm

Fuck you Netflix!
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service   Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:18 pm

Quote :
GameFly has responded to Netflix's plans to carry video games.

"GameFly has expanded steadily over the past nine years by focusing exclusively on video gamers," the company said in a statement when asked about Qwikster. "We are the only retailer offering games physically and digitally for both rental and purchase."

GameFly purchased digital retailer Direct2Drive earlier this year, expanding their library to offer digital downloads in addition to games by mail.

"GameFly is the leading video game rental service, and we have continued to grow even as Blockbuster and Redbox increased their investment in console games."

Meanwhile, Blockbuster has launched a Gears of War 3 promotion that will run until October 7. Anyone who purchases the game in-store at Blockbuster will receive free unlimited in-store rentals of games and movies for a month.

"We want to get back on gamers' radars with a promo that packs a punch," said Randall Baker, Blockbuster's Senior Buyer of Video Games. "Gears of War 3 is certainly one of the biggest games of the year, but players may want to take a breather from fighting alongside Delta Squad every now and then. We're giving them nearly unlimited entertainment options for those spare minutes."

Thanks, Joystiq.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service   Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:07 pm

TRF wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Well this is news to me. Hell, I use it to grill chicken and burgers, but I never knew it could play video games. Technology these days . . .

Yea I know right? Fucking tech doing what they were intended to be used for, what a joke. Next thing you know they'll start making calculators that do math!!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service   Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:36 am

This will flop. Netflix should have stayed a movie company.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service   Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:53 am

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
TRF wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

Yea I know right? Fucking tech doing what they were intended to be used for, what a joke. Next thing you know they'll start making calculators that do math!!
Well I don't know if I need it to do math. Right now it's perfect for hiding my phone while I'm texting in class.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service   Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Netflix Adding Video Game Rental Service
Page 1 of 1