Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues Empty
PostSubject: Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues   Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:01 pm

Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues Censor10

Quote :
So what's going on with Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance?

Well, it was featured in the latest issue of Play Magazine, which means more details have found their way to eager eyes.

As summarized by The Silent Chief, we learn why new designer Platinum Games changed the enemies from human to cyborg; it seems the human foes were taken out "to avoid censorship issues in Japan." Now that surprises us, considering the sheer amount of violence in much of Japan's entertainment media. Also, Raiden will have the ability to parry attacks even when his back is turned to the incoming blow, which makes sense. The developer typically institutes this feature in their action-oriented titles.

It is interesting to note that censorship issue. We usually hear about excessively violent games being banned from places like Australia; more often than not, though, it's not a problem in Japan. Maybe Platinum just isn't all that comfortable with blood and gore...they're not really into that type of thing, as past titles like Vanquish and Bayonetta were about the action and atmosphere rather than the ripping apart of bodies.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance should make an appearance at this year's E3 (it'll even be playable, supposedly), so maybe that's when we'll get a solidified release date.

Source: PSX
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues   Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Meh, I adore the MGS series, but I am looking more foward to MGS 5 then to this

One of the trailers showed Raiden fighting a Metel gear ray with ease.This gave me a bad vibe about the game.Metal gears are always revered as powerful and hard to kill, yet raiden uses his tiny sword and blocks the leg or arm or something of the Ray(which is HUGE).It seemed silly, unrealistic and made metal gears look like a tiny threat.

Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues   Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Even if the blood and gore was still in the game its not going to change the fact that Raiden is a fag.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues   Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:54 pm

Zeratul wrote:
Meh, I adore the MGS series, but I am looking more foward to MGS 5 then to this

One of the trailers showed Raiden fighting a Metel gear ray with ease.This gave me a bad vibe about the game.Metal gears are always revered as powerful and hard to kill, yet raiden uses his tiny sword and blocks the leg or arm or something of the Ray(which is HUGE).It seemed silly, unrealistic and made metal gears look like a tiny threat.

He stopped Arsenal Gear from crushing Snake. With his body. Which is dwarfs a Metal Gear, like a mountain to a hill.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues   Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:37 pm

^^^

Yeah i thought that was kinda silly. Especially since
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues   Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:30 pm

Zeratul wrote:
It seemed silly, unrealistic and made metal gears look like a tiny threat.
Yes because the game is known for its realism.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues   Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Rising enemies changed from human to cyborg to avoid censorship issues
Page 1 of 1