Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4

Go down 
+5
The_Biotic_God
The Enkindler
NoelX2
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 Empty
PostSubject: Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4   Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 am

Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 Lolsy11

Quote :
Following Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance’s surprise VGA re-reveal, Kojipro has given a few more details and cleared up some misconceptions.

With the revelation that the game’s timeline has been shifted to follow Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, there was some talk that the game was a sequel to it, but according to Andriasang‘s translation of the Kojima productions Twitter, the company has denied it.

“We’ve only said that the period setting is several years after MGS4. Metal Gear Rising is not part of the Metal Gear Solid series. At present, we can’t say more than this,” the developer tweeted, in line with removal of the word “Solid” from the game’s title.

Second-hand reports of a Kojipro podcast give some context to the game’s dramatic shift in tone and direction, as well as its hand over to Platinum Games. Apparently, the original premise – that you could slice anything – proved insufficient to carry it through to a finished product. The Kojipro team floundered on, unsure of what to do, with Hideo Kojima suggesting it might be time to cancel the project, despite the completion of the story and motion capture elements.

Happily, the game was reportedly rescued by a studio visit by Platinum members, who were keen to take on the half-completed game and run with it, turning into an action title. After reviewing the materials presented to them, the Platinum team renegotiated so as to be able to write a new story.

An official English version of the podcast is due on December 13, and will be revealed at a press conference in Los Angeles.

Kojima later gave some further explanations, explaining that the game now limits the player to slicing only certain objects and enemies rather than everything in the game, which understandably makes it hard to design levels. Players can still slice targets however they choose.

Producer Yuji Korekado explained that all the elements of the original E3 trailer are still in the game, including harvesting enemies. In the new version, the game’s rhythm is “slash, slash, slash, take” rather than “aim, slash, take”.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is due on major platforms in 2012 and has so far drawn mixed reactions from fans and detractors of the franchise.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4   Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:17 am

Great, but still dumb that it takes place after MGS4....even dumber that they remove the "SOLID" part, but then they turn around and keep the "Metal Gear" part Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 1443829230
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4   Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Whats wrong with the name Metal Gear? I say its fine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4   Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:32 pm

Give it a chance, guys, it's too early to judge.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4   Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:37 pm

I honestly think at least half the hate for this stems from the fact that it's a multiplatform release. Even if you were a die hard Metal Gear Solid fan, the game is being developed as a spin-off. It's not even the same genre. There is really no reason not to give it a chance.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4   Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:15 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
I honestly think at least half the hate for this stems from the fact that it's a multiplatform release. Even if you were a die hard Metal Gear Solid fan, the game is being developed as a spin-off. It's not even the same genre. There is really no reason not to give it a chance.

Which is why most fans are not looking forward to this.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4   Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:18 pm

I think it's a good thing they're trying something different.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4   Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:10 pm

Teckno wrote:
I think it's a good thing they're trying something different.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4   Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:21 pm

It's called Metal Gear because it's part of the story, and in my humble opinion, it looks freaking awesome.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4   Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:38 pm

TRF wrote:
It's called Metal Gear because it's part of the story, and in my humble opinion, it looks freaking awesome.
My thoughts exactly.
Can't wait to cut everything to tiny pieces.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4   Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:30 pm

Sheogorath wrote:
TRF wrote:
My thoughts exactly.
Can't wait to cut everything to tiny pieces.
Can't wait to play Raidennetta.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4   Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 2:43 am

God of rising blades of raiden
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4   Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Rising not a direct sequel to MGS4
Page 1 of 1