Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silent Hill Downpour Review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

Silent Hill Downpour Review Empty
PostSubject: Silent Hill Downpour Review   Silent Hill Downpour Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:56 am

THE STORY
you are playing as Murphy Pendleton.
he is a prisoner for unknown reasons and when the game starts
one of the guards by the name of Sewell will tell you to kill someone
after some really screwed up merciless kill,Murphy wakes up to find out its a dream and he needs to be transported to some other prison.
that doesn't happen and the bus crashes near Toluca lake near Silent Hill
from then on,the main story starts
the storyline started interesting and it was pretty grimmy but after everything is revealed
it doesn't have the big impact like sh2 and sh3 did
i think even sh4 had a better story
its not a bad story and you will keep it guessing and there's some pretty sick shit but the story is just okay
its nothing special
during long periods of time,you are just walking and fighting enemies and doing puzzles without something new happening story wise
the storyline is better than homecoming and shattered memories even origins but its nothing special

so for the story

THE GRAPHICS
the graphics are unimpressive
the character models aren't bad
but the lightning is horrible,the shadows look retarded and there's a lot of texture pop ins
when you EVEN turn around,the town looks okay,its not as mysterious or creepy as with the previous games
the monsters are a load of crap
there's not a single monster that even looks scary
every monster looked like some random monster from a B-movie and they are not scary..
at all
the graphics are as bad as operation raccoon city,there are some really cool places to visit and the atmosphere was creepy

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY
the gameplay for the most part is rubbish
the melee combat is more clunky than SH1!!
let alone the other games before origins
you can pick a lot of weapons from various places but they break after few enemy kills
the game is also a bit more open than previous games because there are side quests and the side quests
are better than the main journey in my opinion
it doesn't save the gameplay but its actually better than the main levels that you go through
the puzzles are for little kids to solve
barely any thought put in them
as i said the combat is slugish
the shooting is EVEN worse than the melee combat
apparently shooting a monster 2 meters infront of you with a shotgun doesn't do shit and sometimes it glitches out
and the bullet goes through him like its nothing
the combat is just hitting or shooting a monster
the monster will fall and just tap the melee button few times while the thing is down and it will die
its not fun
there's only 2 BOSS BATTLES
WHAT THE FUCK VATRA GAMES!!???
i don't understand
last silent hill games
EVEN that piece of shit homecoming had some at least boss battles
while this only has one and a half boss battle
why did i said that?
because the first boss is this shitty fucking pyramid head wannabe called the boogeyman and he is basically like a bigger version than those gas mask guys from that horrible silent hill movie and he just swings his hammer and what boils down is the same thing with the other enemies
THEN near the end of the game
a big fucking monster in a wheelchair will suddenly appear without any cutscene or whatever
no introduction at all
and the boss battle sucks more than the boogeyman boss battle
the gameplay is broken and unbalanced
the only cool thing is the side quests with some puzzles in those side quests that are cool
but other than that,everything is just bullshit and NO!
changing the camera perspective like the first games in some rooms doesn't make it better,it only pains me to play the original games from team silent even more

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR
when the game started
i thought the game would be at least decent
but in the end like operation raccoon city,the game is just a shitty game
this game at least is better than ORC but its like comparing twilight breaking dawn and twilight eclipse
one of those movies is a bit better but still its shit
the game starts good but ends horribly
two of the best gaming horror franchises destroyed in the same month

so for the fun factor

FINAL SCORE
SILENT HILL DOWNPOUR GETS A..

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill Downpour Review   Silent Hill Downpour Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 3:43 pm

This game pales in comparison to Silent Hill 2. One of the best horror games ever made.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill Downpour Review   Silent Hill Downpour Review I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 2:13 pm

Duke wrote:
This game pales in comparison to Silent Hill 2. One of the best horror games ever made.

i liked sh2 and sh3 equally in my opinion
both had awesome stories
the combat is at least passable in sh2 and in sh3
the graphics for its time were amazing and they are not that awful now
but what really sh2 and sh3 did
they scared the living shit out of you
sh2 with the psychological aspect mostly
while sh3 was grotesque and had some serious screwed up soundtrack
horror games these days lack atmosphere
and sh2 and sh3 nailed that aspect perfectly in my opinion
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill Downpour Review   Silent Hill Downpour Review I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Then Konami decided to touch both of those masterpieces and shit out the worst HD collection by far this gen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill Downpour Review   Silent Hill Downpour Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill Downpour Review
Page 1 of 1