Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silent Hill HD Collection Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

Silent Hill HD Collection Review Empty
PostSubject: Silent Hill HD Collection Review   Silent Hill HD Collection Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:36 am

THE STORY
this collection has 2 games
sh2 and sh3
im gonna start with the sh2 story
SILENT HILL 2
silent hill 2 starts with a guy named James Sunderland,he gets a message from his dead wife and hints that she is in Silent Hill
James sees this and goes to check it out to see whats really going on
silent hill 2's story is probably the most psychological video game story that you will ever play
there's memorable characters,scary enemies and THE GOD OF SH MONSTERS
Pyramid Head
i can't say much more about the story except that if you haven't experienced it
you should
SILENT HILL 3
sh3 starts with Heather Mason,daughter of Harry Mason (the protagonist of the original silent hill)
she gets a weird dream at the beginning and is then followed by a private detective named Douglas that's hired to find her by someone unknown
from then on,the storyline goes more screwed up and more screwed up
silent hill 3 is a direct sequel to the original silent hill and you will meet not as memorable characters as the second but still great characters
the storyline deals a lot with black magic and demonology
the game doesn't have a memorable high class monster like Pyramid Head but there's Valtiel
he never attacks you but he is doing his job while creeping out from nowhere
in the end sh3's story is as excellent as sh2
BOTH stories are by far the best stories in the sh franchise in my opinion and one of the most screwed up stories in the history of gaming
the only negative things are the new voices
THEY SUCK!!
WHAT THE FUCK KONAMI??!!!
AT LEAST you can retain the voices in sh2 but for sh3 you can't
i have to say that every new voice for sh3 doesn't fit with the character
Heather sounds like she is 30-something years
Douglas is just plain bullshit
Vincent is voiced by the guy that voiced sasuke in the english naruto
what the fuck
and Claudia is just even worse than than Douglas
in the end,i would have given both of these stories a perfect score but ONLY if they didn't fucked up the voices

so for the stories

THE GRAPHICS
the graphics aren't changed that much but they are changed to make it more clean and more smoother
they look great on xbox but at the same time,they are ported from the ps2 versions
there are more cleaner textures and better lightning but other than that
everything else is the same

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY
the gameplay is a lot different than the generic bullshit shooter type horror games we have now
the camera stays and you can't change it unless you move
its the re1-3 type camera
there is shooting but its not a big part of the games
it actually works and its great to kill the monsters
there is also health potions that you are going to pick,solve intelegent puzzles
and the controls aren't changed
thank fucking god
the tank controls from sh1-sh4 are back and it can only work with sh games
i was frustrated with downpour's controls
the game is also incredibly creepy and scary
you will see some crazy japanese fucked up shit that i don't think not a single horror franchise holds a candle to sh in terms of horror
its frightening
especially the enviroments in sh3
in the end gameplay is the same as the ps2 versions and thats good
the only negative thing i might find is that the controls are more stiff on the 360 version but other than that
everything else is great

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR
i enjoyed my time with the collection
its great to revisit the 2 best survival horror games in existance
it isn't changed that much but the new voice actors for the most part are bland and out of character
if you haven't played sh2 and sh3,this is the best chance to play them

so for the fun factor

FINAL SCORE:
SH HD COLLECTION GETS A..
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill HD Collection Review   Silent Hill HD Collection Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill HD Collection Review   Silent Hill HD Collection Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 12:53 pm

It seems that theres alot of mixed opinions when it comes to this HD collection.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill HD Collection Review   Silent Hill HD Collection Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:19 pm

Well even a member of the development team for the original version is shocked by the low quality of it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Silent Hill HD Collection Review R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill HD Collection Review   Silent Hill HD Collection Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:29 pm

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:

DBE supporter! :omg:
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill HD Collection Review   Silent Hill HD Collection Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 4:31 pm

This video review of mine would have been a hell of a lot different if I had given more time with Silent Hill 3. Piece of shit literally runs like a PS2 game being emulated on a Walmart PC. It's that fucking bad.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill HD Collection Review   Silent Hill HD Collection Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:12 pm

i have the xbox version
people have said the ps3 version has some really bad problems
during my playthroughs of both games,i barely noticed any hiccups
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill HD Collection Review   Silent Hill HD Collection Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Have you ever played the PS2 versions? Both "HD" versions are graphically inferior to it surprisingly... And the frame rate suffers the most on the PS3.

Hjinx studios can sodomize themselves with a Tabasco covered cactus.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill HD Collection Review   Silent Hill HD Collection Review I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 12:08 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
Have you ever played the PS2 versions? Both "HD" versions are graphically inferior to it surprisingly... And the frame rate suffers the most on the PS3.

Hjinx studios can sodomize themselves with a Tabasco covered cactus.

yes ive played both sh2 and sh3 on ps2 and OH BOY does the graphics on these hd collections are better than the ps2 versions
the graphics on the ps2 are blurry and after a long play,it might get you a headache
as i said
i played it on the 360
i dont have it on ps3
and i never had a frame rate drop on my sh2 and sh3 playthrough
or any other techincal problems
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill HD Collection Review   Silent Hill HD Collection Review I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:59 pm

Yeah the HD resolution, crisp textures and smoothed out jaggies do look good.

But the lack of fog really hurt this collection graphically. Unfinished environments are exposed and the water (especially in Silent Hill 2) is some of the worst I've seen in a game. And don't pretend like there isn't any audio issues. Sound effects and music seem off and lip syncing is DREADFUL.

Konami cannot be given a free pass on this. They fucked up big time with this collection.

Jim Sterling explains it best.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/5524-Konami
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill HD Collection Review   Silent Hill HD Collection Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill HD Collection Review
Page 1 of 1