Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anime/Manga Section

Go down 
+9
Blixtstorm
Chobo
Stigma
Based Sonji
Bluenose
Jack the Spectre
Hydell
Franko
Mecha
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:02 pm

Mecha wrote:
TRF, out of all people you should know how different anime is to Hollywood films. It's like having a PS3/Xbox 360 section. Both are gaming consoles, but with different audiences. Same goes to anime and movies as well.

So you are saying, the anime isnt a string of moving pictures accompanied by sound? That is like saying a BMW isnt a car.

:jackie:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:18 pm

I thought I made it clear =/

While anime and movies are similar forms of entertainment, they both still have different audiences. Same goes for PS3 and Xbox 360. They're both gaming consoles, but they both have a different fan base.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:35 pm

No, we don't need more sections that won't even get that many posts.

Just make a discussion thead in one of the off-topic sections or something.

Oh and Um yea if you decide to spam the forums with random suggestive content that you call "anime" I will delete the threads and ban you. Not saying you are spamming, but just don't try it.

What the hell was up with the OP pic anyway? Are you really trying to persuade people to have anime sections by weirding them out?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm not going to spam the forum, so relax. But don't complain if I post something weird. Serioulsy a anime/manga section would be more active than a lot of the sections we already have here.

Last edited by Mecha on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:51 pm

CC, the reason we have PS3 and 360 separated is not because they have different audiences, because when it comes to this site, they don't. They're separated because this is primarily a gaming site so the gaming forums are more specific. M&T, Art, Off-Topic, Debate Section, Rants, Music, etc. are all after-thoughts and are secondary to the main function of the site.

Oh, and by the way:

Ghost in the Shell - 94%
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence - 65%
Spirited Away - 97%
Howl's Moving Castle - 86%
Ponyo - 92%
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind - 80%
Princess Mononoke - 94%
The Secret World of Arrietty - 94%
My Neighbor Totoro - 90%
Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro - 90%
Porco Rosso - 100%
Kiki's Delivery Service - 100%
Castle in the Sky - 94%
My Neighbors the Yamadas - 67%
Grave of the Fireflies - 96%
Perfect Blue - 65%
Tokyo Godfathers - 90%
Metropolis - 86%
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie - 65%
Vampire Hunter D - 83%
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 72%
Ninja Scroll - 100%
Akira - 90%

All from Rotten Tomatoes. So clearly film fans seem to like anime as well, as these films are all Certified Fresh, meaning at least 60% of film critics liked these movies.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:17 pm

Fine. I give up. What's the point of this section if you guys don't listen to the members suggests? I don't expect you guys to agree all the time, but it's always "No" to everything without even a consideration. Just because you don't agree with the idea doesn't mean the members feel the same way. It just comes off as a bit selfish when you don't consider what the people who makes this forum active really want. But whatever, it's no big deal.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Why are you posting weird shit in the first place?

Anime doesn't have to be weird..
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:33 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Why are you posting weird shit in the first place?

Anime doesn't have to be weird..

Obviously you don't watch enough anime. Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 725796345
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Well then, I certainly don't want to now. Considering some of the stuff you post.

In fact, now I don't want an anime section just because you said that.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:35 pm

CC, most of the suggestions here are yours. Maybe you should be taking this personally.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:37 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
CC, most of the suggestions here are yours. Maybe you should be taking this personally.

To be fair it wouldn't matter who suggested it. We could do without having more off-topic sections as we are a gaming forum first.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Not everything here goes un listened. When I suggested re-naming the DS section to 3DS section, it happened.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:07 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:

Not really. I never expected you guys to agree in the first place. Clearly we have a lot of anime/manga fans here, yet we still can't have a anime/manga section? Oh but it was okay to have the Marketplace, Video Game Trailers, 1 vs. 1 (etc.) sections?

Teckno clearly said and I quote "3 active animes fans is promising, still needs more. Atleast 5 or 6." It's already been proven that we got over 8 anime fans in this forum. Now Teckno doesn't want to respond. Obviously Teckno doesn't want a anime section no matter how many anime fans we got here.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Video game trailer section has been removed, 1 vs 1 was removed, and the marketplace should probably be removed too.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:35 pm

How many sub-sections do we have? I've never heard of the marketplace section. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:45 pm

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
Video game trailer section has been removed, 1 vs 1 was removed, and the marketplace should probably be removed too.

I know that. My point was that the Staff is a bit bias. No offense.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:47 pm

Laying down the law here. No Anime/Manga section. Post it in Off-Topic, Movies/Television, or Art. We don't need more sub sections. Deal with it instead of crying about it.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Mecha wrote:
Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:

First of all, it's biased, not bias. Being biased means being influenced by bias. Second, Marketplace and 1 vs 1 were Teckno's ideas. Seeing as he's the admin, he doesn't really have to get approval.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:10 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:

First of all, it's biased, not bias. Being biased means being influenced by bias. Second, Marketplace and 1 vs 1 were Teckno's ideas. Seeing as he's the admin, he doesn't really have to get approval.

Oh yeah, it is biased. My fault.

Actually 1 vs. 1 section was Reaper's idea, but whatever.

Like I said before, I didn't expect you guys to agree. I just wish Teckno gave me a proper answer, instead of saying we need at least 5 or 6 anime fans in this forum. But I guess that doesn't matter either way. I can take a hint.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:13 pm

^^

I gave you a proper answer. My word counts just as much as his.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

I gave you a proper answer. My word counts just as much as his.

I was talking about before, but fair enough.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:06 am

This is a gaming fourm not a Japanese fanclub. Anything non-gaming related goes of off-topic.

@Mecha
You make about 90% of the anime related topics, either 1-2 people will post or no one really gives a shit.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:50 am

:Okay:
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:57 pm

This Suggestion has been

Someone lock this thread now.....
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:07 pm

Hey Franko, I want to show you something...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga Section   Anime/Manga Section - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime/Manga Section
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next