Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Assassin Creed III Thread

Go down 
+11
CleverCatchPhrase
yonny616
ghost23
Hydell
Bluenose
Mecha
Mikenuge
Dam_Noir
Mr Canai Spy
Stoney
Franko
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

Assassin Creed III Thread Empty
PostSubject: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Post anymore news and stuff here about AC3.

btw
Assassin Creed III Thread Tumblr_ll9h9p0qql1qgk444
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:15 pm

You definitely mad, Franko. :x

I just wanna see some gameplay, the article on CVG has me stoked.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:31 pm

looks awsome with 1000 plus on screen maybe some co-op I love you
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:19 pm

lol @ the British Nazi Storm Troopers making the Americans 'slaves'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:42 pm

most of the natives sided with the british during the revolution !

this connor is a fag
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Assassin Creed III Thread R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:43 pm

Assassin Creed III Thread Tumblr_llroyfuymy1qbs7xoo1_400_by_lolly-d4mbmmf
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:59 pm

Love how the Brits think Americans have a stereotype of British people during the revolutionary war to be comparable to Nazi's. :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:04 pm

said the arab
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Hey Teckno, I think the Brit is mad. Assassin Creed III Thread 725796345
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:04 pm

Teckno, watch The Patriot.

And we know far too many Americans interpret movies as fact.

I still havent played any Assassins Creed games
:poker:
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:06 pm

Dude, it's already stated in the patriot that the man who committed the crimes was a lone wolf by his general. His own soldiers didn't want to do it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:48 pm

You are overlooking the fact that the event in the film didnt even happen. It was utter trash written in by Robert Rodat who also conveniently is a known anti-british person.

Anyway, i did chuckle at the line spoken by what i can only assume was Washington in that trailer "wether americans are to be free men...or slaves"

*continues to have slavery for another 100 years*

In b4 whitewash.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:08 am

Don't expect any gameplay until e3. Every single AC game has had a CG trailer pre-E3 and then the gameplay reveal during the Ubi press conference.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:26 am

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
You are overlooking the fact that the event in the film didnt even happen. It was utter trash written in by Robert Rodat who also conveniently is a known anti-british person.

Anyway, i did chuckle at the line spoken by what i can only assume was Washington in that trailer "wether americans are to be free men...or slaves"

In b4 whitewash.

That was the same reason I highlighed the bit regards 'slaves'.

It becomes even more ironic considering the British were the first nation to abolish slavery.

The actual line should of read "whether Americans are to be free men...or Colonists".

Teckno wrote:
Love how the Brits think Americans have a stereotype of British people during the revolutionary war to be comparable to Nazi's. :fuckthat:

It's easier to believe that than accept you guys were just a bunch of Tax dodgers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Southern Fairy

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:28 pm

^^^
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskey_Rebellion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fries's_Rebellion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shays%27_Rebellion

Lol

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Assassin Creed III Thread PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:33 pm

Going back to the basics. :areyoufuckingk
Quote :
Alex Hutchinson, creative director of Assassin's Creed 3, has told an audience at the Game Developers Conference that the game aims to strip back the ballooning complexity of the series' mechanics and story.
He also explained the thinking behind the more rural American Revolution setting, and noted that the story would take place "over 30 years, beginning before the Revolution and ending after the Revolution."
"I think one of the joys of having a new character and a new universe is that we can strip it back and we can go back to basics," he said.
Hutchinson acknowledged that the last three games had struggled with clarity and accessibility. "I think that there's an element in the Ezio trilogy... I think it's very hard when you have a story that's going from game to game to game, that's relatively consistent, to remove things. It doesn't make sense to people logically that in the second game they would lose something that they had, fictionally, hours before, so we've had a problem with mechanics that weren't as tight as perhaps they could have been."
Hutchinson's GDC talk, titled Designing Games to Sell, encouraged designers to think about the design qualities of big-selling games for a wide audience, which he characterised as relevance, immediacy and coherence.
Immediacy "is a big problem for us on AC3 actually, and the franchise and general," he said, showing a bewildering chart of the mechanics and gameplay loops in Assassin's Creed 2. "It's a hugely complicated game, it has many different features, it's a long game, getting people up to speed as quickly as possible is a big challenge. We know we have a learning curve, we know we need to introduce a lot of new mechanics, so what we looked at was reducing the time to assassinate.
"In AC3, we promise you that within 30 seconds of putting the disc in the tray, you will in fact be assassinating someone. That's a promise."
The expanded-universe story has got similarly complex. Previously, Hutchinson said, Ubisoft expected players to understand all the core game entries in the series. "But now, moving forward, we're as much as possible tying to clear the deck for new players. It means obviously a new hero and a new setting, and it means getting that new hero into that new setting as fast as possible."

About that setting, Hutchinson admitted that the lack of built-up cities was a departure for the series, but he was embracing it with the game's new focus on attending historical events and surviving in the wilderness. (Possibly not coincidentally, he mentioned his love for both Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption elsewhere in the talk.)
"If you're a fan, I'm sure you've read the boards where people are saying there's not enough epic buildings to climb, and it's true that we've moved from the stone structures of Europe to less epic buildings in America - although I promise there are plenty of churches to climb.
"But what we still have is this opportunity to lean into history, and what we want to deliver to players this time is not just climbing a historical landmark, but visiting a historical event - being in New York while the city burns, or ultimately being at Valley Forge while George Washington is camped there."
The new hero will be "as comfortable in the wilderness, as capable as previous assassins were in the cities" and would have to deal with extreme cold weather. "This was a period in time where if you didn't plan for winter, you were going to die. So we built an entirely new snow system that we think is pretty exciting."
Hutchinson maintained that the American Revolution setting would be relevant and exciting to a contemporary audience. "This concept of helping a nation fight for freedom is a primal desire, we believe," he said.
"It's also a story that's relevant to many different audiences. While the American Revolution is obviously very important to Americans, it's also important to the British - the joke of the time was that this was a civil war fought on foreign soil - the French - the money they invest helping the Patriots win the war leads directly to the French Revolution - and for the rest of the world, this is the roots of the American century, which just finished."
He also thought players would be as excited to meet Ben Franklin and George Washington in the game as they were Leonardo da Vinci in Assassin's Creed 2. "[These] are people that are mythological characters in the history of the country and the history of Western civilisation. Most of you are walking around with Washington's face in your pocket. Probably not too many with Franklin.
"The way we see the universe is that it's basically two fantasies. One is the fantasy of being an assassin, and the other one is this fantasy of being a virtual time tourist, of someone visiting different places in time and different periods in time. We try to make sure that all of the mechanics we build fall into one, or both preferably, of those pockets."
Hutchinson mentioned that his motivation for encouraging designers to think about the commerciality of the games they want to build came from a fear that design would increasingly be led by analytical tools rather than creative intent, and that "the cancerous growth" of the "arms race" in triple-A games would leave blockbusters "as nothing more than the last of the dinosaurs." (And this from a guy who's making one!)
"In my mind, video games need to have the goal of educating people, entertaining people, or at least, being artistic. If you're not pushing for either of these things, you're not taking responsibility for the sales of your game and trying to make sure that the games we love are getting into people's hands, then I think we're in for a rough patch.
"And as Ben Franklin said, a good game lubricates the body and the mind."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-09-assassins-creed-3-will-be-back-to-basics
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:58 am

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/19/ubisoft-annecy-on-assassins-creed-iii-multiplayer/
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:

In b4 whitewash.

Black people weren't considered as real "men" or "women" back then.
When white men won their fight, they were given their own country, but black men were still "animals" that had to be used for hard labor.
Even when white women did win their rights, black women were still cast out, and treated as if they weren't really women.

REGARDLESS!
I want to play AC3 and kill bitches.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Saw a couple of dev interviews and the way they were talking about the parkour mechanics has me stoked, jumping from tree to tree, traversing cliffs, rock climbing etc etc.

Can't wait to see some footage.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Assassin Creed III Thread PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:18 pm

hmmm interesting. :Philosoraptor:
http://www.oxm.co.uk/40463/features/assassins-creed-3-why-connor-isnt-out-to-bash-the-british/
Quote :
What does it take to become an Assassin's Creed posterboy? Well, there are obvious surface themes: an exquisitely tailored cowl, impassive pouty lips, copious leather belts, the legs of an ostrich, the grip of a Burmese python. But pull back the hood, turn on the spotlight, and the franchise's leading men are an oddly dissimilar bunch.

Altair is an austere customer, with little time for pleasantries. Ezio is considerably warmer, scarred by the loss of his family early in Assassin's Creed 2, and has plenty of time for pleasantries when they involve the fairer sex. And Connor, Assassin's Creed 3's lead? He's a world apart, and perhaps the franchise's most interesting frontman yet.

"Not to ruin anything, but there's the idea that Altair is an assassin who's driven by duty," comments Alex Hutchinson, creative director. "Ezio is a character driven by revenge. We wanted someone who was fresh. We wanted a character who was more earnest, more real, a character with more depth."
Connor's depth is partly the result of intense internal contradictions. Also known by his birth name, Ratohnhaké:ton, he's the son of a Mohawk woman and an Englishman, and Assassin's Creed 3 charts his life from early youth to the prime of adulthood. As the game begins he's a neutral, leading a peaceful existence in a backwoods village, but all that changes when white colonists burn the settlement to the ground. "You will go from his birth, through the motivating factors that drive him to join the Assassins, through the American Revolution and finally to a resolution," Hutchinson explains.

When Ubisoft announced the game, some British players feared a spate of classic Hollywood jingoism was in store. The Assassin's Creed 3 cover art certainly reinforces that impression: it shows Connor clamping one hand around a fallen redcoat's throat, a continental Stars and Stripes billowing in the background. But Connor's no Limey-basher.

"He's someone who helps the revolution because he thinks it's the right thing to do," Hutchinson goes on. "He helps his people because he thinks it's the right thing to do. He doesn't really hate the people on the other side.

As clear and unambiguous as this sounds, Ubisoft expects plenty of scepticism about the game's politics. "We know we're going to fight that argument of which side he's on until the game comes out and people realise he's not on any side. He's just fighting the Templars."

The strongest test of Connor's impartiality may be how he handles other Native Americans. "Not only is he trying to help the Assassins defeat the Templars," Hutchinson notes, "but he's trying to save his own people and give them a place in the new America." It's an endeavour that's doomed to failure, of course, and allowing players to feel like they've made a difference regardless will be a tricky business. "The problem with a narrative embedded in history is that the players know what happens."

Ubisoft has been characteristically meticulous in its research. Hutchinson is careful to distinguish between the Mohawks and other tribes, and his team has steered well clear of certain regrettable "cowboy and injun" clichés. There's no scalping, for instance. "It was hard to imagine Connor killing people and scalping them just for the fun of it. Also it's not very accurate, the Mohawks were not scalpers."
Fire up our Assassin's Creed 3 hub for more on combat, the wilderness, cities, the new graphics engine and our first gameplay eyes-on.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Assassin Creed III Thread Aciii-5

Assassin Creed III Thread Aciii-1

Assassin Creed III Thread Aciii-2

Assassin Creed III Thread Aciii-3

Assassin Creed III Thread Aciii-6
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 4:08 pm

^
I was about to post those. Beat me to it by a day ya bastard!
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Southern Fairy

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Ubisoft: We are not picking sides... *Shows screens of killing redcoats and helping the continentals in a battle*
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:22 pm

E3 Demo

It looks good. Assassin Creed III Thread 409191096
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assassin Creed III Thread   Assassin Creed III Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assassin Creed III Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next