Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)

Go down 
+6
The_Biotic_God
NoelX2
Bluenose
Hydell
Mecha
The Enkindler
10 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) Empty
PostSubject: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:01 pm

PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) Sony-network-entertainment
Quote :
Uh, so, Sony is going to change the name of PSN, to SEN – which stands for Sony Entertainment Network. They are sending mails to users informing them of this change.
You will not be required to do anything, as the name change will be seamless. Although, you will be required to accept the new TOS for singing in to SEN.
This is what they’re sending users:
On February 8, 2012, your “PlayStation®Network account” will be renamed a “Sony Entertainment Network account” or a “SEN account” in conjunction with Sony Computer Entertainment’s PlayStation®3 system software and PlayStation®Vita system software updates. (Note, this change will not be applied to the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system at this time.)
For general purposes, this account change is a change in name only. Your username or password will not change, nor are we asking you to change them. In accordance with this transition, some necessary naming changes will be made to the TOS and Privacy Policy.
This transition is based on Sony’s goal to enhance its unique digital entertainment offering. As a series of these activities Sony started last September, PlayStation®Network will be aligned with “Sony Entertainment Network.” This helps us get closer to our goal of establishing a global comprehensive network platform of services across games, movies, music and more, all accessible from one convenient account.
Thank you for your continued loyalty and support during this transition.
Sincerely,
The Sony Entertainment Network Team
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:08 pm

I like it. It sounds very Japanese.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:33 pm

Or they could do something useful instead of pointless name or cosmetic changes. I swear this disease has infected the world beyond repair.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:18 pm

I like the abbreviation "PSN" better...
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:23 pm

PSN sounds way better than SEN. It has that spunk.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:25 pm

Plus, no one is going to say it as S-E-N. 90% of us will probably say "sen" as a whole word.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:02 pm

I prefer PSN. Makes it feel like a Playstation service rather than a Sony service.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:04 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
I prefer PSN. Makes it feel like a Playstation service rather than a Sony service.

A PlayStation service is a Sony service.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:09 pm

Mecha wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:

A PlayStation service is a Sony service.

Well no shit. However, when I think of Playstation I think of Playstation. "Playstation network" sounds like it's part of the Playstation family, "Sony Entertainment Network" sounds like a Sony thing.

I can't explain, it's just psychology. Personally I don't care what it's called.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:57 pm

That sucks. What the next PlayStation going to be called? Sony GameBox? Lol I prefer the name "P-S-N" of "S-E-N". I will still call it PSN because that's the original name.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:32 pm

yonny616 wrote:
That sucks. What the next PlayStation going to be called? Sony GameBox? Lol I prefer the name "P-S-N" of "S-E-N". I will still call it PSN because that's the original name.

Lol SonyStation
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:50 pm

I get what Alan is saying. Sony is trying to integrate all of their products and services to the point where the PlayStation brand is losing its identity. At some point in the future, Sony isn't going to be making laptops, PlayStation consoles, portable multimedia players, and cell phones anymore: they're going to be making all-purpose machines that lack any sort of identity.

They might as well just call it the Sony, since it doesn't have any expressed purpose.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:26 pm

WTF are you guys taking about? They're just changing the name of the network. Not the PlayStation brand itself.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Mecha wrote:
WTF are you guys taking about? They're just changing the name of the network. Not the PlayStation brand itself.

Playstation Network is part of the Playstation brand. Renaming it basically takes it out of the brand.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:58 pm

Wasn't it called Sony Computer Entertainment before PSN? Also PlayStation is just the console itself, not the network. If anything it should be called PlayNetwork, but it would make a lot more sense to go back to Sony.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:41 pm

Mecha wrote:
Wasn't it called Sony Computer Entertainment before PSN? Also PlayStation is just the console itself, not the network. If anything it should be called PlayNetwork, but it would make a lot more sense to go back to Sony.
No, PlayStation is the brand. Why do think there's a PlayStation 3D display, PlayStation Headset, and other devices that aren't the console but have PlayStation on it.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:56 am

Mecha wrote:

It wasn't called anything..

PSN launched as PSN. PSN never had a different name.

Sony Computer Entertainment is a subsidiary of Sony.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:03 am

I'm gonna miss calling it PSN. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:33 am

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1217997p1.html

Quote :
From this information, it appears that PlayStation Network will continue to be known as PSN, but that your login information will act as a global login for all SEN-related services. We've reached out to Sony for further clarification on what this means for PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita gamers in particular, and will update with further information as we receive it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:57 am

PSN sounds cooler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)   PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSN will be renamed to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network)
Page 1 of 1