Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Ball Home Releases

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Dragon Ball Home Releases R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Dragon Ball Home Releases Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Ball Home Releases   Dragon Ball Home Releases I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:40 pm

Dragon Ball Home Releases 800px-P5310014

This is so fucking bullshit! It's really tough being an American Dragon Ball fan. I've been trying to collect series for over 14 YEARS now and still haven't completed it yet. Of course, it's a lot easier to complete the series now than it was before. But still, there is no proper release of the series available outside of Japan. With the exception of the Dragon Box. Only problem with the Dragon Box is that their limited releases and you probably have to pay over $200 for each volume that are out of print. Not as bad as the Japanese Dragon Box where their are extremely rare and way more expensive. Yet, their were the best edition of the series available in the world. While the Dragon Box are hard to find, you can still buy the individual DVDs from Japan. Though their are a bit too pricy and there is no English subtitles or English dub for you dub fans. So yeah, if you're a FUNimation fan and grew with Dragon Ball on Toonami then the Dragon Box is not for you.

Dragon Ball Home Releases 51SuTgrBK%2BL._SL500_AA300_

There are other options of buying the series on DVD with the infamous Season sets (A.K.A. Orange Bricks), which are a lot cheaper, has the English dub, and are still available everywhere. But I refuse to buy those. Mainly because of the God awful video quality. Many of you might be like... well you should still get them because who cares about video quality and it has the English dub blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah :derp:
Fuck you! The video quality is fucking terrible! It's been cropped, DNR'ed to death, brightness is too high, and has oversaturated colors. That's NOT how the show was meant to look.

Dragon Ball Home Releases 51KMX5DJB1L._SL500_AA300_

Finally FUNimation does something right with the new Blu-rays. This time they property remastered the series frame by frame, unlike the fucking orange pieces of shit. The video quality on the Blu-rays look fucking amazing! It's the best the series has ever looked than any of the other home releases. It's like watching raw footage from the actual film masters. The color correction was also accurate to the original Japanese broadcast. That's probably one of the few problems I had with the Dragon Box, is that the colors were wrong. For example, instead of the sky being blue, it's light green and the video was a bit zoomed in. But yeah, the Blu-rays are awesome... well they were anyways. Now FUNimation has decided to cancel the remaining sets. What's even worse is that since the Dragon Box are going out of print and the Blu-rays are cancelled, you have no other option but to buy the Orange Bricks again. That's a kick in the balls (no pun intended) to the fans.

Dragon Ball Home Releases 51407Kq2JDL._SL500_AA300_

I could go on and on about all these releases, but I'll just stop here. To be honest, I would just settle for the mangas instead. But their censored, so fuck it. I know there's Kai but it just isn't the same. Plus it's not a good time to them right now, due to the music scandal fucking things up. Maybe it's best to forget about Dragon Ball for awhile.

Also one more thing, I swear to God you better not turn this into a Spider-Man thread, Alan.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Home Releases   Dragon Ball Home Releases I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:26 pm

Dragon ball is for kids, Spider Man is for MEN!

nah seriously, dragon ball Z is for kids.Just like naruto....
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Home Releases   Dragon Ball Home Releases I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:32 pm

Zeratul wrote:

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Home Releases   Dragon Ball Home Releases I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Well i guess that sucks for you....
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Home Releases   Dragon Ball Home Releases I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:48 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Well i guess that sucks for you....

It sure does old chap. :lulzsec:
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Home Releases   Dragon Ball Home Releases I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:49 pm

Talk about obsession. I never knew you were THAT huge of a fan.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Home Releases   Dragon Ball Home Releases I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Wow, that's some serious shit you got there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Home Releases   Dragon Ball Home Releases I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:54 pm

lol. That's not my collection. I wish though. Razz

But I did collect a lot of those growing up as a kid.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Home Releases   Dragon Ball Home Releases I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:17 pm

Mecha wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

Lol, I remember DB with blood. Good times. 8)
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Home Releases   Dragon Ball Home Releases I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Ball Home Releases
Page 1 of 1