Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oblivion versus Skyrim

Go down 
+3
The Enkindler
TheJubJub5721
Jack the Spectre
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Oblivion versus Skyrim XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Oblivion versus Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Oblivion versus Skyrim   Oblivion versus Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:10 pm

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an excellent game. It's possibly one of the best WRPGs ever made and certainly one of the best RPGs in general made over the last few years. However, what truly amazed me about the game is how different it is compared to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and that they both maintain the core elements of an Elder Scrolls game. I'm going to be looking at the various different aspects of the game and compare them to see which is truly the better game and in what ways.

STORY [may contain spoilers]
Spoiler:

COMBAT
Spoiler:

WORLD
Spoiler:

VISUALS
Spoiler:

REPLAY VALUE
Spoiler:

OVERALL WINNER
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion versus Skyrim   Oblivion versus Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:17 pm

I'd have to say the World category goes to Oblivion, by far.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion versus Skyrim   Oblivion versus Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:12 am

*Sigh* if only Skyrim didn't have those damn Save File size bugs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion versus Skyrim   Oblivion versus Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:47 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
I'd have to say the World category goes to Oblivion, by far.
Like I said, it's based on preference. They both have repetitive dungeons, Skyrim has a more detailed and diverse world, but Oblivion's cities are bigger and more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion versus Skyrim   Oblivion versus Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:30 pm

Nice work man. You put a lot of effort into this. I agree with Dark Souls. Definitely the best of the two I love you

No really, I'd actually probably say Oblivion overall but I haven't played Skyrim lately. If I get back into it and complete it, maybe Skyrim would become my preferred game. I must say I enjoyed Oblivion's world more due to the massive cities. But Skyrim is a lot more polished in terms of the world design, so it's a hard choice to me.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion versus Skyrim   Oblivion versus Skyrim I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:19 am

I laughed at Dark Souls being the overall winner.

But seriously Dark Souls is a bloody good game, It was one of the games that was left by the wayside with all the games that came out between September and November.

I started playing it over Christmas and now I only need one trophy for the platinum.

As regards Oblivion vs Skyrim, Skyrim wins hands down even despite my main man Sean Bean voicing Martin Septim in Oblivion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion versus Skyrim   Oblivion versus Skyrim I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Dam_Noir wrote:
As regards Oblivion vs Skyrim, Skyrim wins hands down even despite my main man Sean Bean voicing Martin Septim in Oblivion.
Gotta love the Beanster. I did notice there were less celebrity voices in Skyrim. I know Max von Sydow is the main Greybeard dude, but the voices in Oblivion and Fallout 3 were more recognizable.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion versus Skyrim   Oblivion versus Skyrim I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:40 am

TRF wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:
Gotta love the Beanster. I did notice there were less celebrity voices in Skyrim. I know Max von Sydow is the main Greybeard dude, but the voices in Oblivion and Fallout 3 were more recognizable.

Good point, as I sometimes refer to Liam Neeson as Dad these days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion versus Skyrim   Oblivion versus Skyrim I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:13 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
TRF wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:

Good point, as I sometimes refer to Liam Neeson as Dad these days.
How you gonna fuck with Liam Neeson, Ron Perlman, and Malcolm McDowell in Fallout 3?
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion versus Skyrim   Oblivion versus Skyrim I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:07 pm

I say Skyrim wins on all catagories but soundtrack.While both Skyrim and Morrowind had a better main theme then Oblivion, Most of oblivions soundtracks were awesome.

Id say World goes to Skyrim.I disagree about the cities.I found cities in oblivion to be somewhat plain and dull.Most of them are very identical to the others.The only cities that stood out were Cheydinhal, Bruma and the Imperial City(obviously).Every city was bassically the same shape, same looking castle and with walls surrounding the city.Other than some building colours, there were hardly any differences.These "boring' looks are expected due to Cyrodiil being the Imperial Province.

In Skyrim, Whiterun is built on a hill with its "castle" being on the top. Morthal is a stone city that reminds me alot of Helms Deep from LOTR. Solitude is built on a giant rock formation.Riften has its ratway tunnels. Winterhold is a small lonely devastated city. Morthal has its marshes sorrounding it. Windhelm has its grey quaters. The moment you enter these cities, you know they are much different than the others. And when it comes to the realism of the towns, Skyrim also wins handsdown.

Perhaps i am biased because id take a Nord over an Imperial anyday, but Skyrim>Cyrodiil in my oppinion.
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion versus Skyrim   Oblivion versus Skyrim I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:37 pm

I have a solution to this argument.... They create a NEW game that blows oblivion and skyrim out of the FUCKING WATER!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion versus Skyrim   Oblivion versus Skyrim I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oblivion versus Skyrim
Page 1 of 1