Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5 things that suck about Oblivion

Go down 
+4
Archduke
Jack the Spectre
TheJubJub5721
The Enkindler
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

5 things that suck about Oblivion Empty
PostSubject: 5 things that suck about Oblivion   5 things that suck about Oblivion I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:26 pm

I will admit that Oblivion is my favorite game this gen, but there are obviously some flaws that keep it from being the perfect game.

1. One sided plot
While there are questlines such as the Dark Brotherhood around, it feels a bit stupid not to have a choice to join the bad guys(Mythic Dawn e.t.c.), that is why we have questline mods such as "Servant of the Dawn" which allows you to join them, this however feels a bit anti-climatic when you have completed the Shivering Isles Expansion(SPOILERS: You become the new Daedric Prince of Madness, a "Daedra" fighting for the Nine Divines?!)

2. No dialogue or plot twist after you become Sheogorath, get treated as a mere mortal by other Citizens & Daedra not native to the Shivering Isles
Another stupid thing is that there is no dialogue change after you completed Shivering Isles(The Only thing that changes is Sheogorath's Shrine), you could choose to reveal your identity to a Dremora(Though he wouldn't believe you unless you showed him the Staff of Sheogorath and an army of Aureal and Mazken, or if you really are a supporter of the Emperor, you could hide him along with the Blades in the Shivering Isles, any Mythic Dawn grunt would get killed, either by the Gatekeeper or by the Resonator of Judgment in Xedillian, if they tried to trespass into the realm).

3. Knights of the Nine dialogue bugs
It doesn't matter if you are in Morrowing or in Skyrim, if you have infamy then every citizen will somehow magically know that you are a "Sinner" like the rest of them and they will spark out lines such as "I used to think you were a hero, a holy knight, I guess I should have known better", you can even hear such sentences from your own worshipers in the Realm of Madness.

4. Dumb AI
Raising the difficulty, doesn't change the way the AI acts, it just makes the enemy harder to kill, you won't see him trying to use tactics in order to kill you, he doesn't try to avoid your spells he just rushes in with his weapon leaving himself open(Hope they fixed this in Skyrim)

5. Same voice actors for each race
You sound familiar, have we met before?
As some of you already know, every male in each race is voiced by 1 person, same goes for females, currently the Bosmers, Dunmers and Altmers use the same voice actors for both Male and Female.
If those three have the same voice, then they could be masters at disguise(One Altmer can try to disguise himself as Ocato), only Mankar Camoran, Martin, Uriel, Haskill and all of the Daedric Princes have their own voice actors.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: 5 things that suck about Oblivion   5 things that suck about Oblivion I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:57 pm

Agreed. 100%. The Sheogorath thing is incredibly dumb.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

5 things that suck about Oblivion XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: 5 things that suck about Oblivion   5 things that suck about Oblivion I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 3:19 pm

My biggest gripe with Oblivion is that there are only a few types of dungeon and they're all repeated. You've got the mines, the caves, and the Ayleid ruins.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: 5 things that suck about Oblivion   5 things that suck about Oblivion I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Too many game bugs from what i've heard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: 5 things that suck about Oblivion   5 things that suck about Oblivion I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 4:33 pm

Oblivion sucks.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: 5 things that suck about Oblivion   5 things that suck about Oblivion I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 5:10 pm

Reaper wrote:
Oblivion sucks.

flamebait.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: 5 things that suck about Oblivion   5 things that suck about Oblivion I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:38 pm

None of these struck me as issues.

My personal issues were

1. Third person view - It simply was sloppy as hell animation wise
2. Horse controls - pretty awkward
3. Friendships/relationships - As far as friendships go, a person will either frown or grin at sight of you. There didn't feel much connection between characters. I think they should try to learn from Mass Effect in Skyrim.
4.Load times - They were jarring and irritating.
5. Lack of werewolves.

They are my main gripes.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: 5 things that suck about Oblivion   5 things that suck about Oblivion I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 7:26 pm

Lykos wrote:

My personal issues were

3. Friendships/relationships - As far as friendships go, a person will either frown or grin at sight of you. There didn't feel much connection between characters. I think they should try to learn from Mass Effect in Skyrim.
5. Lack of werewolves.

They are my main gripes.

furry.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: 5 things that suck about Oblivion   5 things that suck about Oblivion I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:36 pm

Lykos wrote:

My personal issues were

5. Lack of werewolves.

They are my main gripes.

They weren't really issues per say but they would have made the game better. Like seriously, come on... You become the new Sheogorath and yet you are still treated as a simple citizen? That's lame.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: 5 things that suck about Oblivion   5 things that suck about Oblivion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:52 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Lykos wrote:

My personal issues were

5. Lack of werewolves.

They are my main gripes.

They weren't really issues per say but they would have made the game better. Like seriously, come on... You become the new Sheogorath and yet you are still treated as a simple citizen? That's lame.

I wasn't that bothered about shivering isles anyway. The whole expansion could have been so much better.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: 5 things that suck about Oblivion   5 things that suck about Oblivion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:11 pm

"2. No dialogue or plot twist after you become Sheogorath, get treated as a mere mortal by other Citizens & Daedra not native to the Shivering Isles"

This is probably my biggest gripe.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

5 things that suck about Oblivion XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: 5 things that suck about Oblivion   5 things that suck about Oblivion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:25 pm

It didn't bother me that much, since I get respect from people in real life and don't need it from NPCs.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: 5 things that suck about Oblivion   5 things that suck about Oblivion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Trololololol
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: 5 things that suck about Oblivion   5 things that suck about Oblivion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 3:56 am

agreed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 things that suck about Oblivion   5 things that suck about Oblivion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5 things that suck about Oblivion
Page 1 of 1