Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oblivion vs Skyrim

Go down 
+3
The Enkindler
Mecha
Orc
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:41 pm

Oblivion vs Skyrim 285394_381908635240914_972637543_n
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Oblivion vs Skyrim R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:44 pm

Uncharted
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:46 pm

^ I agree.
It had far better gameplay. Like for one it doesn't feel like you are stuck in a corridor the entire time.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Oblivion was better, had a larger map, things like attributes and of course the Cheeeeese!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Oblivion vs Skyrim 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:45 pm

Daggerfall
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Akainu wrote:
Oblivion was better, had a larger map, things like attributes and of course the Cheeeeese!

Yep.
Oblivion was larger, more colourful and the cities were far better!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 3:57 pm

The Dark Brotherhood storyline in Oblivion was one of the best questlines I've played in any game. The one in Skyrim was just terrible. I've put more hours into Oblivion, enjoyed it a lot more. The one thing I like better about Skyrim is that it feels more fluid and crisp.

Also, Sean Bean is in Oblivion, so it's a no-brainer.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:24 pm

Skyrim is so much better. Obivion cities were rather generic and most looked very similier to eachother. Each city in Skyrim looks much different than others.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Zera, the fuck drugs you taking foool? Yeah they recycled a few buildings and stuff (the fucking chapel) but otherwise the cities in Oblivion were grande and more varied, not just NORDIC & SNOWY.

Stoney wrote:
The Dark Brotherhood storyline in Oblivion was one of the best questlines I've played in any game. The one in Skyrim was just terrible. I've put more hours into Oblivion, enjoyed it a lot more. The one thing I like better about Skyrim is that it feels more fluid and crisp.

Also, Sean Bean is in Oblivion, so it's a no-brainer.

I didn't think the dark brotherhood was bad in Skyrim, but yeah, it was nowhere as awesome as Oblivion's Razz
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 6:15 pm

It's not just the Dark Brotherhood, all of Skyrim's questlines were quite short compared to Oblivion's.
Only the Dawnguard questline had an acceptable length.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Oblivion vs Skyrim XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 8:53 pm

You can find my opinion in the OP here.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 7:00 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:

Yeah and I humbly disagree with your opinion.

It's all about graphics to you.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:37 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

You're right, 'cuz I never mentioned things like story and combat. Also one thing I ACTUALLY didn't mention which I will now is the leveling/upgrade system, which was atrocious in Oblivion and has been much improved in Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:03 am

Serously, Each Hold and city is skyrim is different than eachother. It makes things so much less dull looking. To add on this, the landscape and animals in Skyrim are far better than they were in Oblivion. The quests is skyrim are also far better.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:11 am

In terms of city variety, I lean more towards Oblivion. The locations in Skyrim look way too similar. Dawnstar looks exactly like Morthal which looks exactly like Winterhold, and Falkreath is just a copy of Riverwood.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:27 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

You're right, 'cuz I never mentioned things like story and combat. Also one thing I ACTUALLY didn't mention which I will now is the leveling/upgrade system, which was atrocious in Oblivion and has been much improved in Skyrim.

Umadbro?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:29 am

My rectum is spilling gallons of blood. You win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oblivion vs Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oblivion vs Skyrim   Oblivion vs Skyrim I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oblivion vs Skyrim
Page 1 of 1