Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next-Gen Feature Predictions

Go down 
+2
ghost23
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Next-Gen Feature Predictions R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Next-Gen Feature Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Next-Gen Feature Predictions   Next-Gen Feature Predictions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 4:29 am

I predict that the PS4 will support 100GB Blu-ray disc, 4K upscaling, and faster load times.

Please, when sharing your predictions be a little more realistic about it. Remember, your predicting, NOT wishing.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Feature Predictions   Next-Gen Feature Predictions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:38 am

Microsoft won't support Blu-Ray, rather they will create a proprietary disc with higher capacities than the DVD-9. It can also help reduce piracy (I think).
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Feature Predictions   Next-Gen Feature Predictions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:54 am

No motion control gimmick bullshit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Feature Predictions   Next-Gen Feature Predictions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:51 pm

PS4 will have unified memory instead of the split memory that has been oh so deadly to alot of open world games. This will also mean the PS4 will have grass. Will be using the cell but a more powerful version, 100GB blu-ray. HOPEFULLY they will stop fucking around and get cross game chat and in game music. Full PS3 backwards compatibility.

The controllers will remain the same probably except for the L2 and R2 buttons which will be convex instead of concave...cos ALOT of people hate the curret triggers which just encourage slipping.

Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Feature Predictions   Next-Gen Feature Predictions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:14 pm

Reaper wrote:
PS4 will have unified memory instead of the split memory that has been oh so deadly to alot of open world games. This will also mean the PS4 will have grass. Will be using the cell but a more powerful version, 100GB blu-ray. HOPEFULLY they will stop fucking around and get cross game chat and in game music. Full PS3 backwards compatibility.

The controllers will remain the same probably except for the L2 and R2 buttons which will be convex instead of concave...cos ALOT of people hate the curret triggers which just encourage slipping.

I'm no tech guy, but if they used unified memory instead of the split memory, wouldn't that make it difficult to be backwards compatible with PS3 games due to the differences in system architecture?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Feature Predictions   Next-Gen Feature Predictions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:26 pm

PS4 will have amazing Uber Grafix that can run at 60 FPS 1080p and will have a shit ton of GB storage. It will once again support blu-ray, but a stronger, faster version of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Feature Predictions   Next-Gen Feature Predictions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:44 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Reaper wrote:

I'm no tech guy, but if they used unified memory instead of the split memory, wouldn't that make it difficult to be backwards compatible with PS3 games due to the differences in system architecture?

They could implement unified memory for PS4 games and then separate XDR memory that is exclusively for PS3 BC. It'd be similar to how 60 GB PS3s have the PS2 GPU card built in (hence the 100% PS2 BC rate).

Simplified explanation:

They could have dedicated hardware to run PS3 games.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Feature Predictions   Next-Gen Feature Predictions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:16 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Reaper wrote:

They could implement unified memory for PS4 games and then separate XDR memory that is exclusively for PS3 BC. It'd be similar to how 60 GB PS3s have the PS2 GPU card built in (hence the 100% PS2 BC rate).

Simplified explanation:

They could have dedicated hardware to run PS3 games.

Hmm I see. Well I predict that they won't do that because it will increase production costs, plus they still want to sell PS3's during the PS4 lifecycle. That was the main reason they got rid of PS2 backwards compatibility was because they could still sell PS2's.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Feature Predictions   Next-Gen Feature Predictions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:23 pm

Right, and it would also give them the opportunity to profit off of PS3 remakes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Feature Predictions   Next-Gen Feature Predictions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next-Gen Feature Predictions
Page 1 of 1