Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer

Go down 
+10
The_Biotic_God
NoelX2
Angelus
Jack the Spectre
Orc
Archduke
Bluenose
Hydell
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
14 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  Empty
PostSubject: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 11:42 am

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/300627/god-of-war-4-online-rumour-strengthened-by-opm/
:?: :?: :!: :!:
What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 11:47 am

Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Has God of War 4 even been confirmed yet?

Only way i could see online working is if it was online co-op.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Lmfao co-op would be cool but...competitive?

Capture hermes?
Search and fuck shit up?
medusa's Headhunter?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:50 pm

Say hello God of Mortal Kombat.

GOW should NEVER have multiplayer. Unless it's co-op, which would be epic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:56 pm

uh oh. GOW game with multiplayer? WTF NOOOO
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 5:40 pm

They need to add SOMETHING. Doesn't matter what but there needs to be a change to the god of war formula for once ffs.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Lykos wrote:
They need to add SOMETHING. Doesn't matter what but there needs to be a change to the god of war formula for once ffs.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I prefer Santa Monica's method of fine-tuning the formula as opposed to changing it.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Capture the Helios Head
Team Rapematch
Hardcore Team Rapematch
Ragematch
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Reaper wrote:
Capture the Helios Head
Team Rapematch
Hardcore Team Rapematch
Ragematch
Don't forget King of Aphrodite's Pussy, where you gain points by controlling it for large periods of time.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:09 pm

TRF wrote:
Reaper wrote:
Capture the Helios Head
Team Rapematch
Hardcore Team Rapematch
Ragematch
Don't forget King of Aphrodite's Pussy, where you gain points by controlling it for large periods of time.

That would most likely be included in the Rapematches. And this time it's more likely to be hedonism than anything else.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:57 pm

That would suck....unless its co-op.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:09 pm

The game isn't even confirmed and people are putting it down because of one feature that has been explained in detail yet. Jeez people learn to give games a chance.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:57 am

I think people are just a little apprhensive about a historically single player only game getting multiplayer, as most of the time its tacked on and te time could have been better spent improving the single player.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 4:59 am

TRF wrote:
Lykos wrote:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I prefer Santa Monica's method of fine-tuning the formula as opposed to changing it.

It was fine-tuned in the first game! Then they go and make 4 replicas of it with just a different storyline and perhaps a couple of different weapons.
People criticise halo, cod and mario for milking and yes it's true but god of war is milked shamelessly. At least the mario games have sports games as well, halo has an rts and such. But god of war it's the same every game. Not a good idea if they want any gamers who weren't previously a gow fan to change their mind about the game.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:29 am

Lykos wrote:
TRF wrote:
Lykos wrote:

It was fine-tuned in the first game! Then they go and make 4 replicas of it with just a different storyline and perhaps a couple of different weapons.
People criticise halo, cod and mario for milking and yes it's true but god of war is milked shamelessly. At least the mario games have sports games as well, halo has an rts and such. But god of war it's the same every game. Not a good idea if they want any gamers who weren't previously a gow fan to change their mind about the game.
God of War isn't milked at all. Certainly it's milked less than Halo, Call of Duty, and Mario. Have you even played the God of War games? They add to the combat to make it more fast-paced with each game.

The fact that Halo has an RTS and Mario has sports, kart racing, and party games means it's being milked more because the name is being thrown out to different audiences whereas Santa Monica is simply trying to appeal to their market: hack n' slash fans.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:34 am

Lykos is the first man I've ever met to shamelessly turn down Aphrodite's magnificent pussy.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:35 am

Absolutely not!
I don't know why a number of people complain about having no multiplayer on God of War.
A Co-op similar to Ninja Gaiden Σ2 might work.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:30 am

I'm open to new multiplayer experiences as I was proved wrong with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood which ended up being very good. Hopefully Sony can bring some good shit if this is true.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:58 pm

ghost23 wrote:
I'm open to new multiplayer experiences as I was proved wrong with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood which ended up being very good. Hopefully Sony can bring some good shit if this is true.

True, I really enjoyed Brotherhood's multiplayer. I am just gonna wait and see what they have in store and judge from there.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 4:33 pm

TRF wrote:
Lykos wrote:
TRF wrote:
Lykos wrote:

God of War isn't milked at all. Certainly it's milked less than Halo, Call of Duty, and Mario. Have you even played the God of War games? They add to the combat to make it more fast-paced with each game.

The fact that Halo has an RTS and Mario has sports, kart racing, and party games means it's being milked more because the name is being thrown out to different audiences whereas Santa Monica is simply trying to appeal to their market: hack n' slash fans.

I know this is off-topic but I loved your little analogy there. Halo having 1 spin-off compared to the dozens in the Mario franchise definitely makes them fit into the same category. God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  725796345
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer    God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

God of War 4 To Feature Online Multiplayer
Page 1 of 1