Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crysis 2 Leaked!

Go down 
+9
Pein
TheJubJub5721
Stoney
Stigma
Archduke
Ihsahn
The_Biotic_God
Hydell
Blixtstorm
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 8:51 am

http://kotaku.com/#!5758399/crysis-2-has-been-leaked-creators-deeply-disappointed

"It is allegedly playable from start to finish, a seemingly near-complete beta version of its campaign."

I dont like when games gets leaked at all.. Makes the studio suffer from it.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:43 am

Thats pretty gay, when stuff gets leaked all the pirates clamber over eachother to get it instead of waiting for the real thing.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 11:41 am

So what. They get a glitchy-ass beta version.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:06 pm

^

From what I read its horribly buggy and incomplete.

That's okay, though, because its going to suck.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:26 pm

boring. Generic shooter with pretty graohics. WHO-PEE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:07 pm

Crysis 2 Leaked! Crysis10

lol
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 5:55 am

Whoever downloads map packs derserves to be ripped off.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:25 am

I really hate when games release DLC right after a game....
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:14 am

Game looks gorgeous on consoles. Very well done Crytek.

Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:01 pm

Stoney wrote:

it looks awesome but it will look better on pc
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:24 pm

^^

Obviously, but I'm talking about the console versions. :)
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:06 am

DukemNukem43 wrote:
boring. Generic shooter with pretty graohics. WHO-PEE!

/thread
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:48 am

Pein wrote:
Stoney wrote:

it looks awesome but it will look better on pc
Shame Crytek sold out and dumbed down the sequel to fit consoles.

The DLC just makes this game all the more shitty.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:46 am

Well Crysis was the most pirated game of 2007 so all these PC gamers who bitch and moan about games going to consoles and then they go away and play games they pirated are just lolz.

They killed their own platform.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:40 am

Reaper wrote:
Well Crysis was the most pirated game of 2007 so all these PC gamers who bitch and moan about games going to consoles and then they go away and play games they pirated are just lolz.

They killed their own platform.

http://www.destructoid.com/and-you-wonder-why-developers-hate-pc-gamers--193957.phtml

A great article from Jim Sterling. I couldn't agree more with him.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:53 pm

Sure, I agree people on the PC do pirate games, but when you don't give demos, fuck over the customer with stupid preventative measures like DRM, have first day DLC and all that, why the fuck WOULD I pay for it?

Besides, did you pay attention to the whole PS3 fiasco? Hardly a valid argument considering that people play a fuckton of pirated games on consoles now.

If there was any conviction behind "we don't like the fact that PC gamers pirate" they wouldn't make a PC version at all.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:22 pm

^^

I can't really blame developers for putting "stupid preventative measures like DRM" in their games.

Here's a quote from the article before.

Quote :
2D Boy's World of Goo was released without DRM, and the creators said they trusted their audience. One of the two-man development team, Ron Carmel, noted afterwards that he was seeing multiple torrents with 500 seeders and 300 leechers, and added that the piracy rate was at about 90%. This was 2D Boy's reward for trusting gamers. This is what they got for making a game easy to obtain, but easy to steal. Really guys, fuck you for that.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:26 pm

The problem is that DRM doesn't work. It's intrusive, it's annoying and no one likes it. All it does is cause problems.

Don't get me wrong: I don't support pirates, but what the industry is doing is just enticing pirates to do it even more. DRM is always cracked and people sometimes buy the game then download a cracked copy to avoid it.

They need to scrap it entirely and think of something else.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:35 pm

People pirate games even without DRM being added, just look at World of Goo. If there was a better method then they'd have done it already. At the moment for the devs it's put DRM in their games or lose their jobs.

Or "dumb it down" for consoles. This seems to be the working method.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:09 pm

Not arguing that people don't pirate DRM-free games, though pirates are surprisingly the industry's biggest customer.

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-industry-in-vancouver/pirates-are-the-video-game-industry-s-largest-customers

Could be correlation and not causation, but the general point I'm getting at here is that DRM doesn't do anything. If DRM was the end all, be all solution then the industry would stop complaining about pirates. It's clearly not working.

Dumbing it down for consoles doesn't matter. Actually, I'd bet people will pirate it more because they feel like Crytek sold out and screwed over PC gamers.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:27 pm

So PC gamers are voicing their opposition to consolisation of games by pirating the fuck out of every game they can to the extent that the devs lose so much money they cant make any more games?

Gaming master race my arse...
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:19 pm

While I understand and agree with the sentiment that pirates are assholes, when you don't give PC gamers demos, why should they be expected to buy your game?

You can be as snide and witty of a console fanboy as you want throwing around absurd generalizations, but that doesn't make the justification for pirating any less sensible. People who pirate games because they don't wanna pay are assholes; developers who don't give players demos, rig it with DRM and first day DLC are just as bad and don't deserve money.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:35 pm

Not every console game gets demos, you can easily get an idea for the game based on reviews and gameplay videos on youtube.

Or do what everyone else does and rent.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:30 pm

That's a problem. Every game should have some sort of demo. If you can't physically play the game, why should I buy it? Why can't I try it? Far Cry 2 was amazing from reviews and dev hype and it turned out to be utter crap. Reviews aren't something to go by. Car analogies are common, but you test drive a car before you buy it, don't you? You don't go out and buy a car off a review in a magazine, do you?

Renting is also not the best, either. I still have to pay.

Demos for ANY console should exist. Its stupid not to.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Crysis 2 Leaked! XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:37 pm

So you're justifying piracy by saying that if a developer doesn't release a demo of their game, they deserve to have it stolen?

What about games like The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3? They're open-world RPGs and I doubt they demo well. What about Heavy Rain, a story-heavy game? That game did have a demo, but it certainly didn't properly convey the excellence of the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crysis 2 Leaked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Leaked!   Crysis 2 Leaked! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 Leaked!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next