Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PlayStation Vita (Review)

Go down 
+2
Orc
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PlayStation Vita (Review) R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PlayStation Vita (Review) Empty
PostSubject: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:12 am

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:56 am

looks awesome

:lie:
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PlayStation Vita (Review) Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:39 am

3DS is so innovative with all its new and improved tech.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:46 am

Says the guy defending a system where the whole review shows off a camera and features that are both inferior to the 3DS' :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 12:02 pm

Lykos wrote:
Says the guy defending a system where the whole review shows off a camera and features that are both inferior to the 3DS' :lolguy:

Says the guy defending a GAMING SYSTEM with absolutely nothing but remakes and old IPs :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 12:54 pm

How can something be an OLD ip? lol IP implies it is a new franchise.... and you already said it has NOTHING BUT REMAKES...... AND OLD IP's. Contradiction much? :lolguy:

And two of the PSVitas AAA games are remakes; Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid.... yeah sooper fail right there. And I can only count about 4 remakes in total on 3DS. Perhaps you would care to list the amount of remakes there are on it?

Furthermore, what is wrong with remakes? Have you played every single game out there?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:04 pm

There goes MLD's biggest fan with his AAA bullshit again. :fuckthat:
Anyway lets just stop this bullshit argument and talk about the vita instead of acting like little fanboys. This thread isn't about the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Looks super awesome. I wish I had that camera and all the camera features like that thing.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:03 pm

Yeah, I agree with Lykos. I wish my 3DS would have the same kind of awesome graphics, and awesome dual-anologue sticks.

Instead I'm left with a dumb add-on. :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PlayStation Vita (Review) XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Lykos wrote:
How can something be an OLD ip? lol IP implies it is a new franchise.... and you already said it has NOTHING BUT REMAKES...... AND OLD IP's. Contradiction much? PlayStation Vita (Review) 1415835522
IP is intellectual property. It has nothing to do with the age of it. Uncharted is an IP that's been around since 2007. Halo is an IP that's been around since 2001. Both are IPs but neither are new.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:41 pm

TRF wrote:
Lykos wrote:
How can something be an OLD ip? lol IP implies it is a new franchise.... and you already said it has NOTHING BUT REMAKES...... AND OLD IP's. Contradiction much? PlayStation Vita (Review) 1415835522
IP is intellectual property. It has nothing to do with the age of it. Uncharted is an IP that's been around since 2007. Halo is an IP that's been around since 2001. Both are IPs but neither are new.

WUT I thought it meant an brand new/original game without any sequels. This is all news to me. So how would a game not be an IP?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Lykos wrote:
TRF wrote:
Lykos wrote:

WUT I thought it meant an brand new/original game without any sequels. This is all news to me. So how would a game not be an IP?
PlayStation Vita (Review) Ragecomic
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Lykos wrote:
TRF wrote:
Lykos wrote:

A game is an IP, whether it spawns sequels or not.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:15 pm

^
Wut. Then why the fuck do people specifically mention IP? Like when a company says they're working on a new game for a system but don't specify what, people are like OOH I WONDER IF IT'S A NEW IP.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:16 pm

Lykos wrote:
^
Wut. Then why the fuck do people specifically mention IP? Like when a company says they're working on a new game for a system but don't specify what, people are like OOH I WONDER IF IT'S A NEW IP.
Because an IP is an idea. For example, Bulletstorm and Shadows of the Damned were new IPs that came out last year, as opposed to sequels to pre-established IPs.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:27 pm

TRF wrote:
Lykos wrote:
^
Because an IP is an idea. For example, Bulletstorm and Shadows of the Damned were new IPs that came out last year, as opposed to sequels to pre-established IPs.

>:[ WHY CAN'T THEY JUST SAY GAME?

And I think this is to blame for my confusion http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081027063342AACeYZv

When I learned about IP like a year ago I must have seen this and read the top answerer.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Lykos wrote:
>:[ WHY CAN'T THEY JUST SAY GAME?
Well there's a bit of a difference.

New FPS Game:
Halo 4
BioShock Infinite
The Darkness II

New FPS IP:
Gotham City Imposters
Aliens: Colonial Marines

New RPG Game:
Diablo III
Mass Effect 3
Risen 2: Dark Waters

New RPG IP:
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Dragon's Dogma

New Horror Game:
Silent Hill: Downpour
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

New Horror IP:
The Last of Us

New Hack-and-Slash Game:
Darksiders II
Prototype 2
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (this may count as a new IP, I'm not sure)
DmC: Devil May Cry

New Hack-and-Slash IP:
Lollipop Chainsaw
Asura's Wrath
Anarchy Reigns

New Stealth Game:
Hitman: Absolution
Assassin's Creed III

New Stealth IP:
Dishonored

New Fighting Game:
Street Fighter x Tekken
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Soulcalibur V

New Fighting IP:
Skullgirls

I've gone on too long but I hope this makes more sense. Halo 4 isn't an IP because it's part of the existing Halo IP. Gotham City Imposters IS a new IP because it's not part of any franchise.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PlayStation Vita (Review) 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Technically Gotham City Impostors is part of the Batman Franchise.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Chobo wrote:
Technically Gotham City Impostors is part of the Batman Franchise.
Yes but as a game franchise it's a new IP.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 9:24 am

Wait so how can something be an old IP? If the game was announced years ago but never came out...?
I don't really understand what Rambo meant.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:45 pm

Lykos wrote:
Wait so how can something be an old IP? If the game was announced years ago but never came out...?
I don't really understand what Rambo meant.

An example of an old IP would be any game you consider old.

Metal Gear Solid = old IP

Final Fantasy X = old IP

etc etc

IP is essentially another name for a game. So, old game = old IP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita (Review)   PlayStation Vita (Review) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PlayStation Vita (Review)
Page 1 of 1