Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PlayStation Vita games I would like to see

Go down 
+6
NoelX2
Dam_Noir
Bluenose
Orc
Archduke
JosefK
10 posters
AuthorMessage
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

Stature : 3
London, England

PlayStation Vita games I would like to see Empty
PostSubject: PlayStation Vita games I would like to see   PlayStation Vita games I would like to see I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:10 pm

These are a list of 5 unannounced/TBA titles I would like to see on Sony's new handheld.

1) Bioshock Vita (codename)
At this years E3 Ken Levine promised a Bioshock title on the Vita, but Irrational aren't saying much at the moment. Personally I would like this to be a prequel to the original 2007 release, set during the Rapture Civil War. I think it would be cool for the team at Irrational to explore why Rapture is the way it is, focusing on the Big Daddy/Little Sister relationship by allowing you to play as one of the first Big Daddies during the war.
A strong single player title with a great Irrational Games narrative would be a perfect system seller for the Vita, demonstrating why the new handheld would be the place for the hardcore gamers to go for there portable fix.

2) Resistance: Retribution 2
We already Nihilistic Software are making a Resistance game for Vita, and if you look closely at the trailer and screenshots the protagonist looks like he's wearing a brown jacket, just like James Grayson in 2009's Resistance: Retribution. Those of us who played, in my opinion, the best shooter on Sony's last handheld will know that at the end of Retribution Grayson's become a Sentinel; Nihilistic could use this shift to align their portable game more closely with the home console versions.
The Vita's tech capabilities would work well with the sixaxis controls of Fall of Man and an updated version of the originals 'infected' mode would be a neat edition. A core FPS in the first year would be great way to sell multiplayer on a handheld to the core audiences.

3) Portal: Still Alive
A port of Valve's XBLA title would be a strong addition to the Vita's library. Although We've hear nothing about it, Portal's simplistic control scheme would map well to the Vita and Valve's new found support of Sony could make this happen. (EDIT) Steam functionality on the Vita anyone?

4) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (Integral/Substance/Subsidence/SomeOtherBS Edition)
Kojima typically releases an updated version of main MGS games a year or so after release, and an updated Peace Walker would expose the best PSP game ever made to a bigger audience, improve the control scheme and allow Konami to test out Transfarring between three different platforms. Having MGS: Touch on the same NVG card would be cool as well.

5) Call of Duty: Portable Warfare
If the Vita ever could want a system seller, it would want Call of Duty. A CoD game was announced for the Vita back in January, and Rebellion Developments, a veteran developer for the PSP and a friend of the franchise have announced their working on a shooter for the Vita. A port of Call of Duty 4 would attract a huge audience and show the more casual gamers why the Vita's the system for them.

LATE ADDITIONS
I have read your comments and had some new ideas of my own

6) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Stories
Rockstar Leeds have a lot of experience with portable games, from Vice City Stories to the excellent Chinatown Wars, they know a thing or two about portable GTA games. San Andreas Stories never came out on the PSP, and a recent auditions list leaked by Rockstar would suggest that they are interested in returning to LA. Throw in Chinatown Wars touch based minigames and the free roaming multiplayer made popular by Red Dead Redemption and we would have a hit in the palm of our hands.

7) Assassin's Creed: Altair Episode 3
Bloodlines on the PSP was far from the portable AC experience people wanted. But allowing Griptonite Games to work on a next-gen sequel, starring Altair and bridging the gap between Bloodlines and Altair's appearance in Revelations could fix the problems with PSP original while rounding up Altair's trilogy. Throw in a portable version of Brotherhood's popular multiplayer mode and this could be the best Crusade era Creed yet.

8) Valkyria Chronicles IV
VC2 on the PSP was one of the best JRPGs on the system. Throw in cooperative multiplayer with 'Near' functionality, VC1 level graphics and a darker storyline and the Japanese have a reason to flood to stores and pick up the Vita.

Last edited by JosefK on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita games I would like to see   PlayStation Vita games I would like to see I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:55 pm

Ohhhh portal on PSV could you fucking imagine? PlayStation Vita games I would like to see 409191096 I would like to see a new valkyria chronicles or syphon filter. Would be beast. <3
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita games I would like to see   PlayStation Vita games I would like to see I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:57 pm

Knowing Activision, COD is coming soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita games I would like to see   PlayStation Vita games I would like to see I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:26 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
Knowing Activision, COD is coming soon.
Knowing activision, PSV DLC would be coming soon after COD came out on the handheld. XD
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita games I would like to see   PlayStation Vita games I would like to see I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:24 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Ohhhh portal on PSV could you fucking imagine? PlayStation Vita games I would like to see 409191096 I would like to see a new valkyria chronicles or syphon filter. Would be beast. <3

Homebrew being developed for regular PSP

Anyway..
I really want BULLY Portable and a portable Elder Scrolls game as the one for psp was cancelled.

Whatever system gets one of these, 3DS or PSP, they are the system for me.

And although I'm not a Gears fan as such, if an xbox portable came out, I would love to play gears on that. I think it would just appeal to me more as a handheld game. Don't know why xD

Fable too PlayStation Vita games I would like to see 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita games I would like to see   PlayStation Vita games I would like to see I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:32 am

I'd like to see a Daxter 2. PlayStation Vita games I would like to see 409191096
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita games I would like to see   PlayStation Vita games I would like to see I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:21 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:

I loved the Syphon Filter series on the PS1, I also liked the PSP versions although they had nothing to do with the Syphon Filter virus so I would love to see a re-boot of the series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

Stature : 3
London, England

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita games I would like to see   PlayStation Vita games I would like to see I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:07 pm

@Dam_Noir
A Syphon Filter reboot would have to be on the PS3. That would be epic.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita games I would like to see   PlayStation Vita games I would like to see I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:43 am

A Tales game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PlayStation Vita games I would like to see Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita games I would like to see   PlayStation Vita games I would like to see I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:00 am

Teckno wrote:
I'd like to see a Daxter 2. PlayStation Vita games I would like to see 409191096

THIS
Back to top Go down
Xenoman
Peon
Peon
Xenoman

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita games I would like to see   PlayStation Vita games I would like to see I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:21 pm

I want Elder Scrolls, Ratchet & Clank, Mass Effect, Assasin's Creed, Sly Cooper(PLEASE!) Gran Turismo, GTA, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Battlefield, Daxter.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita games I would like to see   PlayStation Vita games I would like to see I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:31 am

I would like actual handheld games not these shitty ports of PS3 franchises. There's a reason why Pokemon dominates on handhelds but sucks total ass on the Wii, and same with Zelda and Metroid but vice versa. I would like NEW IPs, preferable RPG's, but considering it's Sony we're not going to see that. They should just go throw money at Atlus and Square Enix to make something for them. And before you say anything, SE has made some amazing handheld games like The World Ends With You and Chrono Trigger (even if that was a remake).
Back to top Go down
Mugen
Villager
Villager
Mugen

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita games I would like to see   PlayStation Vita games I would like to see I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:59 am

BlackStigma wrote:
I would like actual handheld games not these shitty ports of PS3 franchises. There's a reason why Pokemon dominates on handhelds but sucks total ass on the Wii, and same with Zelda and Metroid but vice versa. I would like NEW IPs, preferable RPG's, but considering it's Sony we're not going to see that. They should just go throw money at Atlus and Square Enix to make something for them. And before you say anything, SE has made some amazing handheld games like The World Ends With You and Chrono Trigger (even if that was a remake).

you sir didn't play The Legend of Zelda : Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks on the DS, neither did you play Metroid Prime Hunters, if you did... ( PlayStation Vita games I would like to see 1443829230 )
same with the psp Kingdom Hearts bbs, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Disgaea, monster hunter... there all very succesufull on consoles are you telling me they "sucks total ass" on the psp??
I would also love to have some new IPs, but if a game already exist on console it doesn't automaticly means it sucks + most game gets modified for a handheld, killzone liberation, resistance, mgs... their just not the same experience.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita games I would like to see   PlayStation Vita games I would like to see I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:05 pm

Mugen wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

you sir didn't play The Legend of Zelda : Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks on the DS, neither did you play Metroid Prime Hunters, if you did... ( PlayStation Vita games I would like to see 1443829230 )
same with the psp Kingdom Hearts bbs, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Disgaea, monster hunter... there all very succesufull on consoles are you telling me they "sucks total ass" on the psp??
I would also love to have some new IPs, but if a game already exist on console it doesn't automaticly means it sucks + most game gets modified for a handheld, killzone liberation, resistance, mgs... their just not the same experience.

1. Metroid Prime Hunters was the worst in the entire franchise
2. Zelda is very average on a handheld compares to everything else on it, Lunar Knights was much better than either of the Zelda's on the DS.
3. I'm talking about games from franchises that are straight up INFERIOR to what's on a console. Rachet & Clank, God of War, Jak, Metal Gear Solid, Metroid, GTA, etc. No matter what way you look at it some games would just be better on Consoles. I love VCII but no matter what way you look at it the game would have just been better on the PS3. The same can't be said about a game like Pokemon or TWEWY.
4. Yeah if a game gets modified to play like a handheld then it can turn out really good, but the thing is, with the exception of RPGs, THEY DON'T. Killzone Liberation and Resistance on the PSP are very, very AVERAGE. And in most cases they play exactly like their console counterparts like GOW or LBP.
Back to top Go down
Mugen
Villager
Villager
Mugen

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita games I would like to see   PlayStation Vita games I would like to see I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:16 pm

1. well I disagree hunters is a very good game , and personnaly I prefere it over metroid 3.(didn't play other m to judge it too)
2. again I disagree zelda on ds is a high quality game.
3. am not denying that theres some truth on what your saying, yes some games are just shitty inferior port especially on psp but if you think about it it's different, i mean with the psp dev's had an inferior harware plus they had fewer buttons, it's not quite the same with the vita.
4. like I said previously, less power and less buttons how could they make the game equale to the console version let alone better. with the vita, lbp for example the touch screen seems like adding alot of other possibility also does the sixaxis, another example dynast warriors I never liked the game but the upcoming vita one got me interested etc, etc...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Vita games I would like to see   PlayStation Vita games I would like to see I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PlayStation Vita games I would like to see
Page 1 of 1