Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy's popularity declining?

Go down 
+2
The_Biotic_God
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Final Fantasy's popularity declining? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Final Fantasy's popularity declining? Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy's popularity declining?   Final Fantasy's popularity declining? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:56 am

Final Fantasy's popularity declining? Final-Fantasy-XIII-2-Teaser-Trailer-final-fantasy-18836395-800-450

Quote :
Recently, we heard the first Japanese shipment of Final Fantasy XIII-2would be about half the size of the initial Final Fantasy XIII shipment.

And now, despite what can only be viewed as relativelydecent sales numbers, it seems FFXIII-2 is marking the franchise's perceived popularity decline. Check it out:

Everyone is talking about the latest tallied sales figures; the long-time fans have noticed that thus far, FFXIII-2 hasn't even outsold Final Fantasy IIIon the SNES. The industry was considerably smaller back then, ya know. Furthermore, if you compare the sales of FFXIII-2 to some of the more popular installments during the PS1 and PS2 eras, the picture starts to get clearer... We're making no judgments on this; we'll let the readers hash it out.

By the way, does anyone else find it supremely hilarious that the Xbox 360 version of FFXIII-2 has sold around 10,000 copies compared to the 525k the PS3 version sold? Why even bother to release the 360 version in Japan?

Seriously?

Source: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/10403.html
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's popularity declining?   Final Fantasy's popularity declining? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 1:00 am

Probably because FFXIII didn't even feel like a Final Fantasy game...It was just eye candy wrapped around over-the-top story...
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Final Fantasy's popularity declining? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's popularity declining?   Final Fantasy's popularity declining? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 1:36 am

No surprise since no one no one really demanded for a sequel to Final Fantasy XIII. We'll see what happens when the game is released outside of Japan.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's popularity declining?   Final Fantasy's popularity declining? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:54 am

Not suprising since FF's quality has been declining aswell.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's popularity declining?   Final Fantasy's popularity declining? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:33 am

FF has been going downhill for awhile now. Nothing new.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's popularity declining?   Final Fantasy's popularity declining? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 4:50 pm

maybe because its just boring shit and no one likes the genre as they did 5-10 years ago
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's popularity declining?   Final Fantasy's popularity declining? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 4:56 pm

Final Fantasy is no longer synonymous with gaming as it was before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's popularity declining?   Final Fantasy's popularity declining? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy's popularity declining?
Page 1 of 1