Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy VII (7)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Final Fantasy VII (7) Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy VII (7)   Final Fantasy VII (7) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:36 pm

Well, time to review my favorite game of all time, and the game that revolutionized JRPG's as we know them today.

Gameplay

This game has a gameplay mechanic that is best described through the term ''active-turn based combat.'' A little time bar fills up which is what allows you to select your attacks and utilize them on any enemy you prefer. However, easy as this may seem, this gets quite complicated down the road. You gain ''materia'' or abilities which contain different magic attacks. However, adding one materia such as 'Cure' brings down your character's stats and increases another in different aspect. For example, if you were to add cure, your strength level would decrease but your magic level would increase. This causes you to weigh your ups and downs about what you would like your character to be. This 'unmentioned class' is best added up depending on how much damage a character can do, how much damage they can take, or how helpful they're aiding abilities are. Aerith, one of the main characters, does very little damage to enemies, however, she is one of the few characters with aiding abilities that surpass the rest. This mechanic causes you to think. If you cannot defeat a boss in one way, you can pay attention to your characters and way your ups and downs. Despite this being helpful in battle, this game is not passable if you do not spend at least one hour massively grinding. Grinding is a very essential part in making your characters strong enough to defeat a boss, or simply to earn money to acquire new gear. You may be able to get passed this game without grinding if you are lucky, but it is highly suggested.

The game also allows you to use summons. Summons are monsters that aid you in battle. They do massive amounts of damage but drain a lot of magic. Because of this, they are best saved in a life/death situation.

Not to mention the exceedingly great line of minigames found at the Gold Saucer.

8/10

Story

The story takes place in the town of Midgar, a place running on Mako energy. Mako energy is the substance that fuels the planet, and without it, it will die. Plants (the factory ones) were constructed to absorb Mako energy and use it for other things. This must be stopped seeing as the planet is slowly dying.

Cloud, a young man out to seek the truth behind everything, joins an organization called Avalanche. Avalanche is an organization out to destroy these plants and the government willing to sacrifice everything for artificial usage. Along the way, Cloud meets a woman named Aerith with unusual powers. Because of these powers, the governments wants to use her.

Any more than this summary would be spoilers so thats about all I can really say.

Rating: 10/10

Graphics

The game is beautiful (for its time). Never before had something like this been seen on a console. Its a visual experience that set the bar high, very high indeed. It was like that feeling you got when everything was in 16-bit and then Mario 64 came along and blew your mind. It was like that, but better. The cutscenes could rival even some PS2 games. The graphics only help to better the story and gameplay.

Music

The music in this game is phenomenal. It will draw you in, set the mood, and make you want to (maybe), in some cases, cry. It makes the experience so much better and without it, this game wouldn't be the same.

The verdict: 9.9/10

This is as close to perfect as a game gets for me. My God am I happy I kept the original copy.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII (7)   Final Fantasy VII (7) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:46 pm

You cried lol
What a pansy

Jk man XD Great review though I personally disliked the game. Sad

This bit made me lol:
Quote :
The game is beautiful (for its time)

Razz Well duh, it looks like meh now.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII (7)   Final Fantasy VII (7) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:25 pm

Oh man I loved FF VII, am considering DL'ing it from the PSN store but I heard it looks dreadful on a HDTV. Same goes for MGS.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII (7)   Final Fantasy VII (7) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII (7)   Final Fantasy VII (7) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy VII (7)
Page 1 of 1