Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.

Go down 
+8
The_Biotic_God
Bluenose
BioDemon
2Sugoi2Die
Mecha
Stoney
RamboOnRedBull
Archduke
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:30 pm

Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Mecha wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Mecha wrote:
It was later confirmed that it takes place after MGS4.

I guess that means it well suck. Oh well guys we gave it our all but I think we lost this argument.

As a Metal Gear title, yes. As a hack and slash game, maybe not.

Metal Gear is a franchise, not a genre. This is where your argument ultimately fails.

When people think of Metal Gear, they think about stealth.

Right, and? I'm sure when the first couple mario games out people only thought platformer. Now it's party, racing, and so many more.

Except Metal Gear hasn't been made into anything other than stealth so far.

And there's always room for new beginnings. Mario was never anything but a platformer, then it branched out into a multigenre franchise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Doesn't change the fact that most people think of Metal Gear as a stealth franchise.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Mecha wrote:

Metal Gear Acid
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 9:22 pm

Padders wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Metal Gear Acid

Beat me to it.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 9:27 pm

Mecha wrote:
Doesn't change the fact that most people think of Metal Gear as a stealth franchise.
And most people think of Mario as a platformer but it's more than just that. And most people think of Halo as a shooter but it's more than just that. And most people think of Final Fantasy as an RPG but it's more than just that. And most people think of Warcraft as an RPG but it's more than just that. And most people think of Warhammer 40K as a strategy game but it's more than just that. And most people think of Metroid as a sidescroller but it's more than just that.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:01 pm

If it helps anyones argument I think Mario is gay as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Why are you guys trying so hard to justify the sub-genres of Metal Gear? Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 725796345
Metal Gear doesn't have a wide variety of sub-genres like Mario has. It doesn't even compare. At least Metal Gear continued carrying the genre it's known for. Can't say the same for Metroid though. Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 725796345
As for Metal Gear Acid, at least that game had some stealth elements to it as far as I played. It didn't stay far away to the core of Metal Gear compare to Rising.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:20 pm

Mecha wrote:
Why are you guys trying so hard to justify the sub-genres of Metal Gear? Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 725796345
Metal Gear doesn't have a wide variety of sub-genres like Mario has. It doesn't even compare. At least Metal Gear continued carrying the genre it's known for. Can't say the same for Metroid though. Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 725796345
As for Metal Gear Acid, at that game had some stealth elements to it as far as I played. It didn't stay far away to the core of Metal Gear compare to Rising.

The game is called Metal Gear because it's in the same universe as other Metal Gear games, not because it's a stealth game. The devs aren't obligated to make the game stealthy especially when it's been said a million and a half times now that it will be a spin-off. Regardless of what YOU think of it, the fact is Metal Gear as a franchise will branch out to other genres and mediums. It's the destiny of all decade+ old AAA franchises. It's perfectly normal.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:24 pm

I KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THIS.

Mecha: "It isn't Metal Gear."

Kojima: "Yes it is."
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:27 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
I KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THIS.

Mecha: "It isn't Metal Gear."

Kojima: "Yes it is."

Mecha's more hardcore than Kojima is, apparently.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:44 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Mecha wrote:
As for Metal Gear Acid, at that game had some stealth elements to it as far as I played. It didn't stay far away to the core of Metal Gear compare to Rising.

The game is called Metal Gear because it's in the same universe as other Metal Gear games, not because it's a stealth game. The devs aren't obligated to make the game stealthy especially when it's been said a million and a half times now that it will be a spin-off. Regardless of what YOU think of it, the fact is Metal Gear as a franchise will branch out to other genres and mediums. It's the destiny of all decade+ old AAA franchises. It's perfectly normal.

Dude, are you even following what we're saying? You're just repeating what you said before. I already know Rising is spin-off. But just because it has the name Metal Gear, doesn't mean I have to look forward to it. Fans have a right to be skeptical about this game. When you change something that the franchise is known for, people don't know what to expect. So they could either love it or hate it. You can't win everybody just because it's called Metal Gear blah blah blah.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:52 pm

Mecha wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Dude, are you even following what we're saying? You're just repeating what you said before. I already know Rising is spin-off. But just because it has the name Metal Gear, doesn't mean I have to look forward to it. Fans have a right to be skeptical about this game. When you change something that the franchise is known for, people don't know what to expect. So they could either love it or hate it. You can't win everybody just because it's called Metal Gear blah blah blah.

Ofcourse I'm repeating what I said before. You haven't refuted anything so why change what isn't broken in my argument?

Quote :
So they could either love it or hate it.

So you're saying now is the perfect time to take extreme stances? How the hell can you say you hate the game when all you know that it's going to a hack and slash game? Don't get me wrong it could suck but I don't see what the genre it claims to be has anything to do with it. No one said you have to look forward to it. In fact, I think you should quit bitching and ignore it until a "real" Metal Gear title by Kojima comes out if you're not interested in playing Rising. I don't see any negatives to Rising being a hack and slash game. Either people will see it as a break from the traditional Metal Gear Solid game or people will ignore it and build up hype for MGS5 or something.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:05 pm

@Alan

I never said I hated Rising. If you actually read what I said on my previous posts, you would know that I basically said Rising may be a good hack and slash game. But not worthy of the name Metal Gear. You see how you put words in my mouth? It's like you're not even following what I'm saying. You're assuming that I'm bitching about the game on every post. Either that or you're just looking to argue.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:09 pm

If Kojima thinks it's worthy of the Metal Gear name, it's worthy of the name. Who the fuck do you think you are stating what is and isn't a Metal Gear game?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
If Kojima thinks it's worthy of the Metal Gear name, it's worthy of the name. Who the fuck do you think you are stating what is and isn't a Metal Gear game?

I never said it wasn't a Metal Gear game. There is a difference between not worthy and not being a Metal Gear game.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:27 pm

That's what I meant...
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:37 am

Mecha wrote:
@Alan

I never said I hated Rising. If you actually read what I said on my previous posts, you would know that I basically said Rising may be a good hack and slash game. But not worthy of the name Metal Gear. You see how you put words in my mouth? It's like you're not even following what I'm saying. You're assuming that I'm bitching about the game on every post. Either that or you're just looking to argue.

You say it's not worthy of the name, but only because it's a hack and slash. This is where the fallacy is in your argument. You're basically saying Metal Gear = Stealth at any given circumstance. When the truth is, Metal Gear is simply the universe the game takes place in. It's common sense for them to include Metal Gear in the title of the game.

I'm not putting words in your mouth, so there's really no need to get insecure about it. The last remark you made really didn't make sense. Out of all the super quoting you, toxic, and Rambo have done I'M the one that is taking it over-board. Yup good ol' Mecha logic.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 1:16 am

@lan

No. It's not worthy of the name because it simply just doesn't look good to me. Not just because it's a hack and slash game. As I said before, I was one of the few who was giving this game a chance. Until I seen how unimpressive the trailer was. The stealth argument was a different subject altogether. Until you reply to saying how Rising takes place in the same universe and it's a spin-off blah blah blah. That wasn't even the point of the argument. That's what I meant by putting words in my mouth. I'm here talking about how well known Metal Gear is as a stealth franchise, then you go about me saying the same thing. Metal Gear is a spin-off, Metal Gear takes place in the same universe, dude I knew all this for about a year in a half or 2. Yet, you continue arguing about it as if I already didn't know. Yes Rising takes place in the same universe, you're right. Doesn't change the fact that this game doesn't look good to me. Does it upset you this much that I'm being negative towards the game or is English not your first language?
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 1:29 am

Mecha wrote:
@lan

No. It's not worthy of the name because it simply just doesn't look good to me. Not just because it's a hack and slash game. As I said before, I was one of the few who was giving this game a chance. Until I seen how unimpressive the trailer was. The stealth argument was a different subject altogether. Until you reply to saying how Rising takes place in the same universe and it's a spin-off blah blah blah. That wasn't even the point of the argument. That's what I meant by putting words in my mouth. I'm here talking about how well known Metal Gear is as a stealth franchise, then you go about me saying the same thing. Metal Gear is a spin-off, Metal Gear takes place in the same universe, dude I knew all this for about a year in a half or 2. Yet, you continue arguing about it as if I already didn't know. Yes Rising takes place in the same universe, you're right. Doesn't change the fact that this game doesn't look good to me. Does it upset you this much that I'm being negative towards the game or is English not your first language?

The point being made is that it should have Metal Gear in the title because it takes place in the same universe. Doesn't matter if it turns out to be worthy or not.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 1:40 am

BioDemon wrote:
Mecha wrote:
@lan

The point being made is that it should have Metal Gear in the title because it takes place in the same universe. Doesn't matter if it turns out to be worthy or not.

I never said the title shouldn't be there. What I mean't was the quality of Rising doesn't look like it will live up to the previous Metal Gear games. It has nothing to do with being a hack and slash spin-off. Despite the fact I would have prefer the stealth genre
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:29 am

OMG, judging by the complete rage of MGS fas it's safe to say that this is "The People vs George Lucas" all over again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:36 am

I love how since I said "fuck this crap" and stopped arguing, Mecha got attacked by everyone in this thread, even though he's only stating his opinion Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 725796345
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:38 am

Well this thread has really turned out into something pretty big.

Looking at all the arguments its pretty clear that rising is not ruining the metal gear franchise nor is it "not worthy" of it and that liking or disliking this game is all a matter of opinion.

And with that...The court is adjourned.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:31 am

Mecha wrote:
BioDemon wrote:
Mecha wrote:
@lan

I never said the title shouldn't be there. What I mean't was the quality of Rising doesn't look like it will live up to the previous Metal Gear games. It has nothing to do with being a hack and slash spin-off. Despite the fact I would have prefer the stealth genre

Platinum Games not living up to the quality? Lol.... Every shit they've made this gen is fucking gold.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 1:37 pm

Platinum Games = Gold.
Kojima = Gold.
Rising = Gold.

EDIT: Are you guys retarded? "IT'S NOT GONNA BE STEALTH BWAHAHA"

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1114416p1.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.    Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will ruin Metal Gear.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next