Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Last of Us: Third-Person Confirmed and Story Details

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Last of Us: Third-Person Confirmed and Story Details R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The Last of Us: Third-Person Confirmed and Story Details Empty
PostSubject: The Last of Us: Third-Person Confirmed and Story Details   The Last of Us: Third-Person Confirmed and Story Details I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:42 am

The Last of Us: Third-Person Confirmed and Story Details The-Last-Of-Us_thumb

Quote :
Yeah, we know. You want to have every last detail concerning Naughty Dog's new project, The Last Of Us.

Well, you'll probably have to wait a bit for full disclosure, but at least we have some baseline information from the developers, which is a start.

According to USA Today, the two characters you see in the trailer - Joel and Ellie - meet at the start of the adventure and team up. Naughty Dog creative director Neil Druckmann says Joel sees Ellie as "his one chance at redemption." This comes from an idea for a graphic novel Druckmann had back in 2008; it involved a father and daughter in a zombie tale. The idea had potential, after all.

But just to be clear, Naughty Dog has confirmed to other sources that The Last Of Us is definitely not a "zombie game." As for how the studio approached the new project, Naughty dog co-presidents Evan Wells and Christophe Balestra said they had guys who "wanted to be challenged." After Uncharted 2: Among Thieves shipped, a few members moved over to work on The Last Of Us while others stuck around to work on Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

Lastly, we learn that their new project will be played in the third-person perspective, like the Uncharted series. And in regards to the progressive nature of the project... Said Balestra:

"We're trying to move the medium of video games into an area elevated in the same manner of respect of film. We want to redefine what our medium is even called. 'Video game' is not an accurate name anymore. It is not necessarily a game with rules and a winner and a loser. It's an experience."

Man, we can't wait to hear and see more.

Source: PSX
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us: Third-Person Confirmed and Story Details   The Last of Us: Third-Person Confirmed and Story Details I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:59 am

Not interested until i see some gameplay.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

The Last of Us: Third-Person Confirmed and Story Details Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us: Third-Person Confirmed and Story Details   The Last of Us: Third-Person Confirmed and Story Details I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:47 am

Just the fact that Naughty Dog is developing it makes me interested. And with the fact that it's their first Mature rated title, just makes me more hyped for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us: Third-Person Confirmed and Story Details   The Last of Us: Third-Person Confirmed and Story Details I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last of Us: Third-Person Confirmed and Story Details
Page 1 of 1