Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games

Go down 
+6
The Enkindler
Hydell
Archduke
TrollDiggity
The_Biotic_God
Mecha
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games Empty
PostSubject: Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games   Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:13 pm

Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games Billy-says-great-job

Quote :
A NeoGAF user has discovered that the EA Online Pass voucher in his brand new copy of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit has expired, thus locking him out of the game’s multiplayer modes.

It seems other users on the forum have experienced the same issue and called attention to the fine print located on the voucher, which states that they can, indeed, expire.

Shack did a bit of digging, and noted that EA forum users have been complaining about the situation since October, and tested the claim themselves with new copies Hot Pursuit, Medal of Honor, and MMA – none of which worked.

A Sony spokesperson, when asked, told the site that: “The system doesn’t flush out older codes…any code with an expiration date is defined by the publisher,” which means platform holder will honor publisher codes and the parameters set by said publishers.

Shack also read through EA’s ToS agreement, finding that the firm can “retire online features” after 30 days if it sees fit.In other words, if you can’t afford to buy a game right off, it’s your own fault for not being loaded to the gills with green.

EA has commented to Joystiq on the matter, stating that if the pass included in the new game is expired, users can download a new pass or attain one from EA directly. Granted, it’s an annoying extra step legitimate buyers shouldn’t have to take, but at least it is better than no multiplayer at all.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games   Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 11:09 pm

How I despise EA....
Back to top Go down
TrollDiggity
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member

Stature : -1

PostSubject: Re: Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games   Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 11:16 pm

How long did the UC3 online pass last? I never redeemed it yet.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games   Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 12:18 am

Fuck you EA. 😡
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games   Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 5:27 am

This is something that could be made into videos for the channel...a simple voice or talking heads video that will get attention...

Anyway this whole online pass thing has to be one of the most hated things implemented this gen and its never going to go away i fear.

If EA want people to buy their games at launch then they should make them worth fucking buying...not just throwing half completed shit out that nobody will buy and rightly so.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games   Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 7:31 am

EA are so desperate to kill off the used market that it causes them make unacceptable mistakes such as this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games   Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 8:28 am

These people need a good long slap on their faces.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games   Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:10 am

Lame.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games   Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:41 am

Yeah, this is dumb.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games   Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:45 am

How about make it so that the DON'T FUCKING EXPIRE UNTIL YOU REDEEM THEM!
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games   Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:05 am

chobo500 wrote:

Chobo please, that makes too much sense.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games   Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:27 pm

chobo500 wrote:

My guess would be that they want to recycle the same codes after they've been redeemed. Even with 20 characters or so they'd eventually run out of combinations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games   Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Expired Online Pass codes found in new copies of EA games
Page 1 of 1