Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass Empty
PostSubject: Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass   Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 3:21 pm

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/88403/obsidian-says-no-to-online-passes/

Obsidian made Alpha protocol, Star wars KOTOR 2 and fallout new vegas.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass   Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 9:10 pm

I wonder what Obsidian will make next?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass   Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 9:41 pm

Good for them.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass   Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 10:00 pm

I remember someone made an analogy of how XBL keeps the multiplayer part of your game for ransom until you pay up.

The online pass literally is the brainchild of that concept.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass   Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 10:33 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
I remember someone made an analogy of how XBL keeps the multiplayer part of your game for ransom until you pay up.

It is basically the same thing. However, It is a one time activation, for only one game, and only effects those who buy used. Though it does piss me off that when I loan the game to my friends or want to rent it from game fly, I can't use the online portion of the game.

Yeah I remember him. What was is name? British Broadcasting Corporation?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass   Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 4:33 pm

chobo500 wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

It is basically the same thing. However, It is a one time activation, for only one game, and only effects those who buy used. Though it does piss me off that when I loan the game to my friends or want to rent it from game fly, I can't use the online portion of the game.

Yeah I remember him. What was is name? British Broadcasting Corporation?

It fucked up buying used games. I don't wanna pay an extra 10 dollars to play online. Plus, it's for one console only.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass   Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass 3128676713
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass   Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 6:04 pm

chobo500 wrote:
Though it does piss me off that when I loan the game to my friends or want to rent it from game fly, I can't use the online portion of the game.
I think you can try the multiplayer for five days for free before having to register a code, so if you loan it to a friend they should be able to get a feel for the multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass   Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obsidian entertainment says "no" to online pass
Page 1 of 1