Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth

Go down 
+5
Hydell
Chobo
Archduke
ghost23
Mecha
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth  Empty
PostSubject: Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth    Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:50 pm

Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth  Insomniac360

Quote :
It's true that Insomniac is no longer part of the PlayStation family, but Sony says it "ain't the end of the world."

In speaking with OPM UK, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe President and CEO Jim Ryan spoke about losing the Resistance developer as an exclusive PlayStation team. Remember, Insomniac did nothing but support the PlayStation brand since 1996, and we all remember the great Ratchet & Clank series as well as the Resistance franchise this generation.

But Insomniac recently struck out on its own and announced their first multiplatform project, Overstrike, which will come to both the PS3 and Xbox 360. And while Ryan admits Sony would still want Insomniac under their umbrella, he still said Sony is doing just fine without them. They're still friends but given the "strength of Sony's internal studios at the moment," Ryan says losing Insomniac "ain't the end of the world by any means." Well, that's understandable.

But we still say, the more exclusive projects, the better. It gives teams a chance to focus on one platform and in general, we get that extra level of polish, refinement, and in some cases, innovation. By the way, where the heck is more info on Overstrike? What happened to that game after it was announced...? What's going on?

Source: PSX
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth    Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:53 am

I don't think Sony needs to really worry about the quantity for first party titles they have at this point.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth    Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 8:12 am

Well, Insomniac makes great games. This way, more people will be able to play those great games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth  0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth    Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:59 am

My question to Sony is Why haven't you bought them yet?
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth    Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 11:49 am

Well its good for Insomniac since they will have a whole new userbase to cater to but damn...they've done nothing but good work for Sony and they were just let go like that.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth    Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:25 pm

chobo500 wrote:
My question to Sony is Why haven't you bought them yet?

They didn't want to be bought.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth    Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:43 pm

The more people who get to play their games, the merrier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth    Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 10:39 pm

Considering R&C isn't as good as it was last gen and the fact that Resistance isn't much of a competitor in the sea of shooters we have this gen, they're not a big loss.

I still don't get how they "lost" them though, if they never had them to begin with. IIRC they can still develop PS3 exclusives along side multiplatform games as an independent studio. I mean seriously. Hello? Epic Games? Remedy?
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth    Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 5:24 am

They lost them in the way that a girl you have as a fuck buddy is now dating another guy...sure you can still fuck her but you are sharing her with another dick.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth  XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth    Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:12 am

That's an interesting way of putting it. Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth  725796345
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth    Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony Regrets Losing Insomniac But Soldiers Forth
Page 1 of 1