Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls

Go down 
+7
Stoney
BioDemon
Archduke
Chobo
The_Biotic_God
TheJubJub5721
Mecha
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls Empty
PostSubject: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 2:25 pm

Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:11 pm

Cannot even compare the two...
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:35 pm

They really aren't comparable. Mass Effect is more like a third person shooter with RPG elements. Elder Scrolls is as old school as you can get in terms of being an RPG.

Haven't played Skyrim but Mass Effect is by far my favorite franchise. I don't think Skyrim will really change my mind. The story and universe in Mass Effect is just soo rich.

By the by, I know there are a bunch of raging Skyrim fans on here, so try to keep this civil guys.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Technically, ME1 was an Action-RPG with Thrid-Person shooter elements
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:46 pm

ME1 was heavier on the RPG elements, but even it wasn't as much of an RPG as Elder Scrolls or Fallout.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:55 pm

How these two games can be compared is something I will never find out.

BTW, Skyrim wins. Just because I think Mass Effect is boring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Duke wrote:
How these two games can be compared is something I will never find out.

BTW, Skyrim wins. Just because I think Mass Effect is boring.

"Can't be compared, Skyrim is better." :what:
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:36 pm

According to Reaper, next Duke will claim he was only trolling to cover up his fail.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:38 pm

Don't care of either one of these games. Nice idea of trying to score hits Mojo. You should work for IGN.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:16 am

Two of the best franchises this gen, but Mass Effect just pips it.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 5:57 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

This is why people are supposed to watch things to the end. So they don't make posts like this. ^

Anyway I overall agree with their final verdict but I disagree when it comes to (I think the section was..) gameplay. Tightness =/= enjoyability. Of course it is down to opinion but The Elder Scrolls has the most enjoyable, engrossing gameplay out of any game. The sheer vastness of the world, the varied, versatile gameplay... it's a near-perfect experience.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:50 am

These games a are so different but I do feel Mass Effect is more akin to games like Gears and Uncharted with RPG elements, whereas Skyrim is more like your traditional RPG.

However I would give the edge to Skyrim simply because I can return to an area and end up having a full blown conflict with whoever so happens to be there opposed to Mass Effect which in all honesty is pretty linear in the sense of when you've completed a level you can't return so when you've completed them all it's game over. (But I understand that is only the case due to the story telling)

I used to make comparisons like you, then I took an arrow in the knee...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 12:39 pm

Lykos wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

This is why people are supposed to watch things to the end. So they don't make posts like this. ^

Anyway I overall agree with their final verdict but I disagree when it comes to (I think the section was..) gameplay. Tightness =/= enjoyability. Of course it is down to opinion but The Elder Scrolls has the most enjoyable, engrossing gameplay out of any game. The sheer vastness of the world, the varied, versatile gameplay... it's a near-perfect experience.

I watched it to the end...
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:12 pm

Shepard: "I was once a SPECTRE, then I took an arrow to the knee"
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:17 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
Shepard: "I was once a SPECTRE, then I took an arrow to the knee"

:lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:31 pm

I would give TES the win in every category except maybe story.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:19 pm

TRF wrote:
I would give TES the win in every category except maybe story.

The Biotic God disagrees.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls   Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video Game Showdown: Mass Effect vs. The Elder Scrolls
Page 1 of 1