Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Had a feeling this game would sell bad.

Go down 
+11
DarthCueball
Orc
Pickles1337
TheJubJub5721
Based Sonji
Mikenuge
Franko
ghost23
Hydell
Mittens
Stigma
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Had a feeling this game would sell bad. Empty
PostSubject: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:30 am

I should be some kinda video game analysts. It's odd, I knew this would happen and it pisses me off but I find it hilarious at the same time.

Has anyone noticed that the sales of the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 are fucking horrible? 140K in two weeks.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/46825/mass-effect-2/
Back to top Go down
Mittens
Villager
Villager
Mittens

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 3:49 am

well seeing that the game was brought a year later. all i can say is...

WELL DUH!

I think this was more about bringing it to the ps3 then the units it would sell.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:11 am

I guess bringing it out alongside about fifty million other games on PS3 coming out in the first quarter was a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Mittens
Villager
Villager
Mittens

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:13 am

Reaper wrote:
I guess bringing it out alongside about fifty million other games on PS3 coming out in the first quarter was a bad idea.

I was going to get both but LBP2 got my choice because i played it on the pc. Your dead on with that one.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:18 am

Another factor is price, lets face it the game is a year old but since its just out on PS3 its at full price. Same thing happened with Bio Shock.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:26 am

Reaper wrote:
Another factor is price, lets face it the game is a year old but since its just out on PS3 its at full price. Same thing happened with Bio Shock.

But wasn't all the PS3 people going on about how good value it was?
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:03 am

ghost23 wrote:
Reaper wrote:

But wasn't all the PS3 people going on about how good value it was?

It is good value, but it still remains a game that is a year old and its come out during a very busy time game-wise on the PS3. Dead Space 2 and LittleBigPlanet 2 have just come out, GT5 is still taking up alot of peoples play time and Killzone 3 is just around the corner.

Most people like myself know this and are waiting for ME2's inevitable price drop considering ME3 is out later this year. Once it hits 20 pounds/ 40 bucks and frankly if i even have time considering whats out this year...then i will buy it. And judging what ive been reading all over the net in forums alot of people share my view.

Also they didnt even ship that many copies of ME2 to retailers anyway, the ammount they did ship was quickly out of stock. There are threads on BioWare forums and multiple other sites talking about how it sold out almost straight away, so i'd say it was more a problem with low shipped numbers than people not buying it.

Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:21 am

Thats mainly Bioware fault and the Retailers.

You can get ME2 for Xbox for like 15 quid but the PS3 Version is like 50 quid

Why the fuck would i even pay that much for a old game
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:49 am

every ps3 owner has a high end PC we already played it geeeeze Razz
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 10:13 am

LMAO. ''I should be an industry analyst.''

Anyone who thought this would sell was a moron.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 10:18 am

Franko wrote:
Thats mainly Bioware fault and the Retailers.

You can get ME2 for Xbox for like 15 quid but the PS3 Version is like 50 quid

Why the fuck would i even pay that much for a old game

Bioware's fault? Bioware didn't want to bring it to the PS3, when their fanbase is already on PC and 360. It's EA's fault.

Any by your logic, games from like 2006 should be pretty much free then, right?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
LMAO. ''I should be an industry analyst.''

Anyone who thought this would sell was a moron.

So half the people here?
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:00 pm

So....MLD was right?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:30 pm

Mass Effect 1 didn't sell that well on xbox did it?
A game that's new to a system doesn't always sell amazingly.
Ah well.. EA fucked up and now they're paying for it.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Lykos wrote:
Mass Effect 1 didn't sell that well on xbox did it?
A game that's new to a system doesn't always sell amazingly.
Ah well.. EA fucked up and now they're paying for it.

Mass Effect 1 did sell pretty good.
Back to top Go down
DarthCueball
Merchant
Merchant
DarthCueball

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 3:45 pm

for the ps3 price u can buy all the mass effect 2 dlc, mass effect 2, and mass effect. 1 year later release may make some money but most people already bought it on said other system.
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/DarthCueball]
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Had a feeling this game would sell bad. StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 1:46 am

In Australia the game is like $100 AUD on PS3 LOL. I bought the game since I have discount cards / gift cards sitting around. Only paid like $33 AUD for Mass Effect 2.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 1:55 am

Padders wrote:
In Australia the game is like $100 AUD on PS3 LOL. I bought the game since I have discount cards / gift cards sitting around. Only paid like $33 AUD for Mass Effect 2.

How much do games typically cost there?

And didn't you say you had an Xbox in your intro thread? Pff fanboy.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 2:03 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Padders wrote:

It ranges from $79 to $99
Back to top Go down
Mittens
Villager
Villager
Mittens

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 3:18 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Padders wrote:

Is MLD going to get mad you are on here and not modding XBR?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 3:35 am

Mittens wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Padders wrote:

Is MLD going to get mad you are on here and not modding XBR?

Huh? I use both forums.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:03 am

I think this goes to show that if you want a game to sell well on boh consoles then maybe you should oh i dont know....release them at the same time?

Strike while the iron is hot so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 1:14 pm

I'm assuming Mass Effect 3 is going to sell much better on the PS3 compared to Mass Effect 2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 1:45 pm

Reaper wrote:
I think this goes to show that if you want a game to sell well on boh consoles then maybe you should oh i dont know....release them at the same time?

Strike while the iron is hot so to speak.

And release the whole series...
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Wow, and people were saying single player games sell better on PS3.

ME2 is fucking awesome. It's one of the best if not the best game on the PS3. Shame to those that didn't buy it.

Maybe it should have stayed 360/PC exclusive after all.

It's funny how there was SO MUCH demand for this game to come on the PS3 and yet have such low sales.

I'm still going to get the game on PS3, because I actually prefer playing third person shooters on a dualshock 3 controller. Plus having the game all on one disc is pretty sweet. I imagine ME3 will be on 3 discs for 360/PC and 1 disc for PS3 :).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had a feeling this game would sell bad.   Had a feeling this game would sell bad. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Had a feeling this game would sell bad.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next