Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Annoying Anti-Smokers

Go down 
+7
NoelX2
Bluenose
Archduke
TheJubJub5721
Stoney
Hydell
Orc
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Annoying Anti-Smokers Empty
PostSubject: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:11 am

I have no problem with people that are against smoking but nothing irritates me more than that scum that lies on the surface of the internet waiting for posts where they can leave their shitty sarcasm and snide remarks.
I don't read the warnings on cigarette packets, why the fuck should I listen to their bullshit?

Annoying Anti-Smokers 5n6b6e
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:58 am

See they even want to ban smoking in your car....excuse me but your car is your property AKA not a public place. And as far as i know smoking does not cause accidents like drink driving so they can fuck off.

I don't even smoke but it concerns me how much the government is trying to worm its way into everything you do these days...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:08 pm

I hate those people. Thinking that they can allow to look down on someone.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:18 pm

Reaper wrote:
See they even want to ban smoking in your car....excuse me but your car is your property AKA not a public place. And as far as i know smoking does not cause accidents like drink driving so they can fuck off.

I don't even smoke but it concerns me how much the government is trying to worm its way into everything you do these days...

Yeah that really is ridiculous. What next, ban smoking in your house? It's idiotic to say the least.
I think this is them trying to ultimately ban smoking. Start with preventing you from smoking in public places like bars and restaurants, move onto banning smoking in cars, then perhaps ban it as a whole.
As a smoker, I realize the harm it can do to my body but I deserve the freedom to do what I like to it.
Violence, discrimination and murder are issues that should be dealt with. Not peoples' habits.
Then again....
Annoying Anti-Smokers All_seeing_eye
We have no control.

Toxicmaniac wrote:
I hate those people. Thinking that they can allow to look down on someone.

It's unbelievable how often I encounter posts like this. I reckon some people literally wait on places like yahoo answers for posts talking about smoking just so they can respond with their obnoxious "know-it-all" comments.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 1:50 pm

The amount of tax money every government makes on cigarettes is crazy there is no way the will ban them outright, although the price of a pack of 20 is fucking crazy here, it's 8.65 euro, it's costing me way too much, I remember I quit for about 3 months before and I saved about 300 euro, I'd probably smoke around 60 a week.

Say around 25 euro a week x 4 = 100 x 3 = 300 and that's just a round number. I really want to quit or at least cut down. When I go to the gym I'd be lucky to last 20-25 mins on the treadmill, the only thing I can do half decently is the indoor rower and bike.

My stamina is terrible.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 2:07 pm

Yeah, I am kinda slowing down on smoking myself but I hate those people that walk up to me while I am smoking and tell me it's bad for me. Makes me want to fucking punch em. It's my life, I live it how I want to.

Also, moved to rant section.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 3:43 pm

Stoney wrote:
The amount of tax money every government makes on cigarettes is crazy there is no way the will ban them outright, although the price of a pack of 20 is fucking crazy here, it's 8.65 euro, it's costing me way too much, I remember I quit for about 3 months before and I saved about 300 euro, I'd probably smoke around 60 a week.

Say around 25 euro a week x 4 = 100 x 3 = 300 and that's just a round number. I really want to quit or at least cut down. When I go to the gym I'd be lucky to last 20-25 mins on the treadmill, the only thing I can do half decently is the indoor rower and bike.

My stamina is terrible.

Yeah Stoney, they literally can't ban them outright because think of all the companies that will lose out but who's to say they wont ban public smoking?
I think over time they will try to achieve this. Bloody stupid but I wouldn't be surprised. Shit like health and safety is getting ridiculous these days.

Yeah as for stamina I can barely even run up one flight of stairs without gasping for breath lol
But it's a habit now. I either buy a couple of packs per week (anything between 2-5) or if I leave them at home to cut down, I end up scrounging loads off other people. No joke I managed to get more than 10 from people last night. To be fair though I was drunk so was happily approaching the same person several times, not realizing what a dick I was being.

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Yeah, I am kinda slowing down on smoking myself but I hate those people that walk up to me while I am smoking and tell me it's bad for me. Makes me want to fucking punch em. It's my life, I live it how I want to.

Also, moved to rant section.

I told myself I would cut down but I'm drinking pretty much every single day for the last few months, and when I drink I need to smoke. Hell, if I am outside at all, sober or not, I need to smoke. It's bad; I even get to the point of chainsmoking a lot. Like we had a pretty stressful lesson yesterday. Me and my friend finished my 20 pack between us that morning. We would literally leave the lesson midway just to smoke.

Lucky for me pretty much everyone in London smokes, hell a kid that looked 12 asked me for a cigarette (I said no of course haha).
But the downside is I end up giving away quite a few cigarettes, rizlas or filters living here.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:06 pm

They are idiots. Ignore them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:09 pm

Well I for one agree with banning smoking in public places. However, smoking is your private business as long as you keep it.. private. As in you just smoke with no one around you or people who don't mind being around it.

I guess I was that annoying person to my dad since he was a smoker, but I'm proud to say I got him to quit. However I wouldn't tell a person I don't know and tell them stop smoking, it's bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:09 pm

Teckno wrote:
Well I for one agree with banning smoking in public places. However, smoking is your private business as long as you keep it.. private. As in you just smoke with no one around you or people who don't mind being around it.

I guess I was that annoying person to my dad since he was a smoker, but I'm proud to say I got him to quit. However I wouldn't tell a person I don't know and tell them stop smoking, it's bad.

Teckno you can't just ban smoking in public places or expect it to be banned.
By smoking you are kind of opening the floodgates. You will need to smoke as often as possible. If I don't have a cigarette for a couple of days I begin to feel a bit unfulfilled and crave one. Hell I only ever smoke outdoors. What am I expected to do when I want to smoke, go back home? No, I light one up there and then. If anything, banning cigarettes could be even worse on people's health as they will resort to smoking them indoors, smoke filling the room so they inhale not only their primary smoke but secondary smoke.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:33 pm

Lykos wrote:
Teckno wrote:

By smoking you are kind of opening the floodgates. You will need to smoke as often as possible. If I don't have a cigarette for a couple of days I begin to feel a bit unfulfilled and crave one. Hell I only ever smoke outdoors. What am I expected to do when I want to smoke, go back home? No, I light one up there and then. If anything, banning cigarettes could be even worse on people's health as they will resort to smoking them indoors, smoke filling the room so they inhale not only their primary smoke but secondary smoke.

So you're saying it's okay for smokers to take the decision for other people to breath in their smoke? Freedom comes to a halt when it affects others well being.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Teckno wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Teckno wrote:

So you're saying it's okay for smokers to take the decision for other people to breath in their smoke? Freedom comes to a halt when it affects others well being.

I didn't say freedom to smoke in interiors again, just out in the open. It's less likely your health will suffer from a smoking passer by than the possibility of contracting a cold/flu/illness from a passer by.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:26 pm

I hate those kind of people. I was walking with a few of my friends and one of them was smoking. All of a sudden, this one guy was all like "SMOKING IS GONNA KILL YOU LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" and I'm all like "Stfu asshole lol". They drive me to insanity.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:02 am

I personally don't smoke and I have no problem with smokers unless you're one of those dickheads that blow it in my face. Then i get agitated.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:51 pm

ghost23 wrote:
I personally don't smoke and I have no problem with smokers unless you're one of those dickheads that blow it in my face. Then i get agitated.

I did that to one of my mates because he was being a twat. I love him really but come on.. he was like "SMOKINGS BAD FOR YOU, YOU KILL URSELF N GET CANCER N SHIT AND DIE!! ITS STUPID TO SMOKE BLUGH BLUGH BLUGH BLUGH"
so I was like, STFU *blows smoke in face*
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Everything now gives you cancer lul.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 pm

^
Alan you inspired me to make a thread called "annoying smokers".
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Annoying Anti-Smokers XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:27 pm

Obviously smoking is terrible for you but I'd never just say to someone, "You know smoking will kill you." I'm pretty sure everyone knows that. Most people just can't stop due to the addictive qualities of the nicotine in the cigarette. The only time I'd ever bring something up is if the smoking was really bothering me (like if it really stinks or I can't breathe or something), and I don't ever bring it up to strangers.

Ugh, when I went to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes, I sat next to these two women who had just smoked what smelled like a fucking smokestack right before the film and the smell was overwhelming.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:27 am

Fucking walking down the street can kill you...you could get monged by a bus...yet i don't see any self-righteous prick going "You know walking will kill you".
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:07 am

Reaper wrote:
Fucking walking down the street can kill you...you could get monged by a bus...yet i don't see any self-righteous prick going "You know walking will kill you".

LOL. True that. Drunk drivers Annoying Anti-Smokers 1443829230
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 11:34 am

Lykos wrote:
What next, ban smoking in your house? It's idiotic to say the least.
Read second half of the first paragraph :3
Annoying Anti-Smokers X55bfd

Fuckin called it.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:26 pm

If i was Dictator of Britain...i would imprison or execute these fools that demand smoking be banned in places like your car or pubs.

1. Its your car, you paid for it....you OWN it.

2. Pubs are places where you drink...another unhealthy pastime so why the fuck ban smoking there...ugh.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Annoying Anti-Smokers XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 4:09 pm

I understand banning smoking in bars but not at home or in your car.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Reaper wrote:
If i was Dictator of Britain...i would imprison or execute these fools that demand smoking be banned in places like your car or pubs.

2. Pubs are places where you drink...another unhealthy pastime so why the fuck ban smoking there...ugh.

I'd actually prefer that, even though I'm a smoker, nothing worst than being stuck in a pub full of smoke. I remember when I was in Spain a few years back with a group of mates and it was next to impossible to enjoy a beer with everyone smoking.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Stoney wrote:
Reaper wrote:

I'd actually prefer that, even though I'm a smoker, nothing worst than being stuck in a pub full of smoke. I remember when I was in Spain a few years back with a group of mates and it was next to impossible to enjoy a beer with everyone smoking.

Leave it up to the owner then, cos i know from personal experience what the pub smoking ban has done to the pub industry...punters just dont come to them now cos they have to stand outside in the freezing cold for a fag.

Hence my pub shut down and i was paid off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Anti-Smokers   Annoying Anti-Smokers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Annoying Anti-Smokers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next