Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console

Go down 
+8
Chobo
The_Biotic_God
Archduke
Bluenose
Hydell
ghost23
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console - Page 2 Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 3:59 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Calm your pants people. I was referring to Ghost's comment in which he stated stuff about a Halo 5 & 6. You can't deny it wouldn't be milking. Add that to all the spin offs and you got yourself a fleshed out series. I think they should have ended it with Reach, or maybe even Halo 4.

When you say Halo is being "milked," it's very misleading. I don't know about you but whenever I hear a franchise is being "milked," I always think of it as being negative.

Halo 4-6 is going to be:

- a new trilogy
- by a new team,
-on a new engine,
- with new ideas

If MS wanted to milk the Halo franchise, they would have released a reskinned Halo 3 every year since 2007. Instead, they make sure each game is truly unique. For example, you can't say Halo Reach is extremely similar to Halo 3. And even ODST, which was viewed negatively by the Halo community, plays differently than any of the other Halo's. If you consider all of that, then it's not so black and white now is it?

IMO, the next Halo trilogy seems more like a reboot.

Well it depends on your definition of milk. My definition of milking doesn't mean it's bad, but rather a named title being overused. Surely they're is going to be new stuff, but the underlying setting of it all still remains. I mean, take it this way. Let's say after they finished the 2nd trilogy, (halo 4,5,6) then they start a new trilogy, and then another, then another, then another.... Regardless of how much they change it each time, I will find it milking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Teckno wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Calm your pants people. I was referring to Ghost's comment in which he stated stuff about a Halo 5 & 6. You can't deny it wouldn't be milking. Add that to all the spin offs and you got yourself a fleshed out series. I think they should have ended it with Reach, or maybe even Halo 4.

When you say Halo is being "milked," it's very misleading. I don't know about you but whenever I hear a franchise is being "milked," I always think of it as being negative.

Halo 4-6 is going to be:

- a new trilogy
- by a new team,
-on a new engine,
- with new ideas

If MS wanted to milk the Halo franchise, they would have released a reskinned Halo 3 every year since 2007. Instead, they make sure each game is truly unique. For example, you can't say Halo Reach is extremely similar to Halo 3. And even ODST, which was viewed negatively by the Halo community, plays differently than any of the other Halo's. If you consider all of that, then it's not so black and white now is it?

Well it depends on your definition of milk. My definition of milking doesn't mean it's bad, but rather a named title being overused. Surely they're is going to be new stuff, but the underlying setting of it all still remains. I mean, take it this way. Let's say after they finished the 2nd trilogy, (halo 4,5,6) then they start a new trilogy, and then another, then another, then another.... Regardless of how much they change it each time, I will find it milking.
And thats a bad thing? If they keep refreshing the milk its fine by me.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:18 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Halo 4-6 is going to be:

- a new trilogy
- by a new team,
-on a new engine,
- with new ideas

Sigh.....

I CLEARLY stated that my definition of milking doesn't mean bad.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:19 pm

Teckno wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Halo 4-6 is going to be:

- a new trilogy
- by a new team,
-on a new engine,
- with new ideas

Sigh.....

Then why do you think it should've ended by reach if people only want more halo's.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:21 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Halo 4-6 is going to be:

- a new trilogy
- by a new team,
-on a new engine,
- with new ideas

Sigh.....

Then why do you think it should've ended by reach if people only want more halo's.

Cause I prefer when a great series doesn't throw out it's title a billion times and suffer a possibly bad reputation. Mario suffered the same fate.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:28 pm

Teckno wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Halo 4-6 is going to be:

- a new trilogy
- by a new team,
-on a new engine,
- with new ideas

Sigh.....

Cause I prefer when a great series doesn't throw out it's title a billion times and suffer a possibly bad reputation. Mario suffered the same fate.

Microsoft is slowing Turning Halo into COD with yearly released.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:48 pm

Says Halo isn't milked in a bad way.

Compares it to CoD.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:52 pm

I didn't compare it to COD.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Halo is definitely milked. It doesn't matter how good the games are. Microsoft is putting out games that they know will sell due to Halo's big name.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:28 pm

TRF wrote:
Halo is definitely milked. It doesn't matter how good the games are. Microsoft is putting out games that they know will sell due to Halo's big name.
Agreed. Micorsoft has gone the shitter since like 2009/2010.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:42 pm

So many logical fallacies in peoples arguments. Not even going to bother.

You know that's bad when even I don't want to jump into the debate.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:54 pm

Goddamit alan. Now I feel fucking stupid. Thanks a lot Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2