Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console

Go down 
+8
Chobo
The_Biotic_God
Archduke
Bluenose
Hydell
ghost23
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console Empty
PostSubject: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:24 am

Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console Halo-4-master-chief-logo-rotator

Quote :
The rumors of a next-gen Xbox releasing around the same time as Halo 4 have led few to hope for the new Master Chief trilogy to kick off the new generation of hardware. This is bad news day for those folks.

Studio boss Frank O’Connor has confirmed that the Chief’s next will be an Xbox 360 game, no ands or buts.

“Halo 4 will be on Xbox 360 and use a modified core of the Halo engine(s),” he wrote on NeoGAF (via) to the tune of sad trombones.

Expect something better-looking than what was seen in Reach, in any case: “Not really a singular engine since it goes through fairly radical evolutions all the time.”

Halo 4 will be out in holiday 2012.

Source: That VideoGame Blog
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 5:20 am

Of course they're going to say it's for the 360 :fuckthat:

Heck, even at E3, they called it the "dawn of a new trilogy exclusively for xbox 360"

What did you expect them to say?

"HERP DERP IT'S FOR THE XBOX 720, WHICH BTW, WE STILL HAVEN'T ANNOUNCED YET DERP HERP" :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:18 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Of course they're going to say it's for the 360 :fuckthat:

Heck, even at E3, they called it the "dawn of a new trilogy exclusively for xbox 360"

What did you expect them to say?

"HERP DERP IT'S FOR THE XBOX 720, WHICH BTW, WE STILL HAVEN'T ANNOUNCED YET DERP HERP" :fuckthat:

You can be ambiguous about a product without specifically mentioning it or announcing it. I remember that 343 Industries was teasing and vaguely mentioning Halo 4 about 2 years ago by saying stuff like "we'd by the biggest assholes if we left that cliffhanger..."
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:00 pm

Would have been much better as a New Xbox launch title.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Why the hell would they do that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 5:13 pm

If this is true then,,,,,,, WTF MICROSOFT??????

Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console Fuck-you
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:41 pm

How is this a bad thing? It means that we don't have to fork up another 400 bucks for a new console just to play the latest Halo game. Besides I'm sure they've already been developing the game on a current generation engine. Switching platforms now wouldn't even make sense unless the next Xbox is similar in design.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Because having it on newer hardware would open up more possibilities...now it will most likely be very similar to the kind of Halo's we've already played. For example look at Killzone 1 on the PS2 then see the jump to Killzone 2 on newer hardware.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:39 am

Well I guess the benefit for this will be that Halo 5 will most likely be on the first wave of next XBOX games where the developers are still trying to figure out the architecture of hardware. 343 Industries will be probably one of the quickest in terms of XBOX since they're first party. That leaves Halo 6, the conclusion to the trilogy, to be developed in the second wave of title for the XBOX when they have a much better understanding of the hardware.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:11 pm

Oh great, 6 Halo's...

That would be downright milking.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:21 pm

Teckno wrote:
Oh great, 6 Halo's...

There has only been 4 main Halo games for the past 10 years. I wouldn't call that milking.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:26 pm

Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Oh great, 6 Halo's...

There has only been 4 main Halo games for the past 10 years. I wouldn't call that milking.

Halo 3 - 2007

Halo Wars - 2009

Halo 3: ODST - 2009

Halo: Reach - 2010

Halo: Anniversary - 2011

Halo 4 - 2012

You were saying? :lulzsec:
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:28 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Oh great, 6 Halo's...

Halo 3 - 2007

Halo Wars - 2009

Halo 4 - 2012

Don't forget about Halo 5 in 2015 and Halo 6 in 2018.

Last edited by Duke on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:29 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Oh great, 6 Halo's...

Halo 3 - 2007

Halo Wars - 2009

Halo 4 - 2012

Seeing how halo wars is an RTS and anniversary is a remake (in which they put more time than others that remaster their games) The only time they milked halo was with ODLC.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:31 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Oh great, 6 Halo's...

Halo 3 - 2007

Halo Wars - 2009

Halo 4 - 2012

Halo Wars and Halo 3: ODST are just spin-offs. They aren't part of the main series.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:36 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Oh great, 6 Halo's...

Halo 3 - 2007

Halo Wars - 2009

Halo 4 - 2012

Halo Wars and Halo 3: ODST are just spin-offs. They aren't part of the main series.

No, but they're still part of the franchise, in which, only a fanboy/tool can't see how the franchise is being milked...

Not only have there been 4 halo games and 1 Halo remake this generation, but also, we're getting one more (Halo 4), also taking into account that all these games were released under a short life span, so yes, that is milking....
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Calm your pants people. I was referring to Ghost's comment in which he stated stuff about a Halo 5 & 6. You can't deny it wouldn't be milking. Add that to all the spin offs and you got yourself a fleshed out series. I think they should have ended it with Reach, or maybe even Halo 4.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Teckno wrote:
Calm your pants people. I was referring to Ghost's comment in which he stated stuff about a Halo 5 & 6. You can't deny it wouldn't be milking. Add that to all the spin offs and you got yourself a fleshed out series. I think they should have ended it with Reach, or maybe even Halo 4.

Well they announced a trilogy at E3 so there would be a Halo 5 and 6. Let's be honest though, this is Microsoft biggest money maker, theres no way they will end the franchise any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:52 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Well they announced a trilogy at E3 so there would be a Halo 5 and 6. Let's be honest though, this is Microsoft biggest money maker, theres no way they will end the franchise any time soon.

I'm not denying that. Infact, I'd do it myself if I were Microsoft. I just see it as milking is all.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:53 pm

For now, the milk is still good. But we better watch out, cause it could go sour at any time.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:00 pm

chobo500 wrote:
For now, the milk is still good. But we better watch out, cause it could go sour at any time.

This guy is a philosophical genius. His words are true.

:lulzsec:
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:17 pm

The milk is indeed still good...and if what 343 are saying is true (adding more puzzles and actual story) then it will add some strawberry nesquick powder to the milk.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:09 pm

Reaper wrote:
The milk is indeed still good...and if what 343 are saying is true (adding more puzzles and actual story) then it will add some strawberry nesquick powder to the milk.

Too bad I hate strawberry milk :lolguy:

I hope Halo 4 will be great like Halo 3 was.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:31 pm

Teckno wrote:

When you say Halo is being "milked," it's very misleading. I don't know about you but whenever I hear a franchise is being "milked," I always think of it as being negative.

Halo 4-6 is going to be:

- a new trilogy
- by a new team,
-on a new engine,
- with new ideas

If MS wanted to milk the Halo franchise, they would have released a reskinned Halo 3 every year since 2007. Instead, they make sure each game is truly unique. For example, you can't say Halo Reach is extremely similar to Halo 3. And even ODST, which was viewed negatively by the Halo community, plays differently than any of the other Halo's. If you consider all of that, then it's not so black and white now is it?

IMO, the next Halo trilogy seems more like a reboot.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 11:33 pm

Who cares if it's milked? If it's good, keep making them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console   Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo 4 will NOT be released on next-gen Xbox console
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next