Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise

Go down 
+3
Hydell
Archduke
yonny616
7 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise Empty
PostSubject: Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise   Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:27 pm

No words can describe how I feel about his comment on not knowing what BF was until a couple months ago.
Rest of article go to website.
Quote :
The developers behind Modern Warfare 3 may have 99 problems but Battlefield 3 ain’t one. Glen Schofield, general manager of MW3 co-developer Sledgehammer Games, has been singing the praises of their own military shooter as the release date for rival Battlefield 3 is just a week away. To douse the flames of excitement for Battlefield 3, Schofield made it clear that he does not see the title as a threat to his company. “Let’s just say that I still use Modern Warfare 2 as my competitor. I need to make sure that the millions of people that played Modern Warfare 2 will pick up this game, notice that it’s better, notice that it’s bigger, that there’s more in it, that there’s more polish, all that stuff. That’s what I’m concerned with – this community
http://nightmaremode.net/2011/10/modern-warfare-3-gm-not-impressed-by-battlefield-franchise-12633/
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise   Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:19 pm

What did you expect? He works for a company that makes the competing game versus the BF franchise. Of course he will bash BF3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise   Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:42 am

Duke wrote:
What did you expect? He works for a company that makes the competing game versus the BF franchise. Of course he will bash BF3.
Thats not always true theres alot of publishers and developers praising other games like naughty dog and epic games and even treyarch
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise   Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:51 pm

Glen Schofield...wasnt he one of the guys who did dead space?

I see his point though, hes there to please fans of CoD instead of spending time just trying to piss off Battlefield fans.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise   Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:16 am

Quote :
Well I’ll tell you one thing, I’ve worked on a lot of engines over my lifetime and spent a lot of time putting graphics in to them and this thing is Porsche. And what I mean by that is that it is stream-lined, everything in it is perfectly freaking clean. You can tell it’s been worked on for years. It’s easy to upgrade.

We worked with engines before that are like f***ing spaghetti. You can’t work on a part and put it back in without messing with everything else. Modern Warfare 3′s levels now are so much bigger than the old ones because they go more vertically, they have a bigger footprint and on top of that, higher fidelity, more textures and a lot more detail.

If you put Modern Warfare 2 next to Modern Warfare 3 you would see a huge difference. Look at all the character models, look at all the gun models, look at the reflections, look at the water. There is so much that we’ve added, so when someone says ‘cut and paste’, I don’t even want to talk to them because they don’t know. They just don’t know. They have no idea.
It IS "cut and paste" and your engine is definetely NOT a Porsche, so stop defending your shitty engine you liar!

http://www.lensoftruth.com/modern-warfare-3-dev-our-engine-is-a-porsche/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise   Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:24 am

^
The Call of Duty engine is quite technically impressive. People who say that it has shit graphics are in denial. It may not have the quality of Battlefield 3, but it is still very good compared to a lot of the stuff that is still coming out these days. Besides, based on the amount of stuff that goes on in the game world all running at 60fps on 6 year old hardware, its quite an impressive engine.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise   Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:59 am

ghost23 wrote:
^
The Call of Duty engine is quite technically impressive. People who say that it has shit graphics are in denial. It may not have the quality of Battlefield 3, but it is still very good compared to a lot of the stuff that is still coming out these days. Besides, based on the amount of stuff that goes on in the game world all running at 60fps on 6 year old hardware, its quite an impressive engine.
Ok, mabye I overreacted a little bit, but going as far as to call the engine a "Porsche" is just plain stupid regardless if it can run at 60FPS on a 6 year old hardware IMO.
I just don't like it when developers are arrogant, especially those associated with Publishers like Activision and EA.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise   Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:23 pm

ghost23 wrote:
^

Yet it looks like shit compared to Killzone, Uncharted, and Gears of War.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise   Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 4:32 pm

Duke wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
^

Yet it looks like shit compared to Killzone, Uncharted, and Gears of War.

All of your comments come off as profoundly stupid....He was saying COD is technically impressive because of how the game has decent visuals and 60 FPS. He never compared it to any of the games you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise   Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 4:40 pm

No...just look at CoD's textures...the jaggies are out of control...the ground is repeated low res textures, wheels on some vehicles are angled and jaggy as fuck, theres clipping everywhere and the shadows are like 16 bit or something. It just looks out of date now, i don't care about frames per second because CoD isnt exactly known for maintaining a stable framerate...especially online.

If its a Porche then its one of the older Porche's that were renowned for being shit and crashing up the side of fucking trees.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise   Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 2:03 pm

Lmao So true ^

Porche's are quite shit anyway

Audi's are better compared to it Razz
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise   Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:25 pm

I HAVE DECIDED TO GET IT NOW. IT LOOKS VERY FUN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise   Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 3 GM Not Impressed by Battlefield Franchise
Page 1 of 1