Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?! Empty
PostSubject: Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?!   Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?! 14833211hz8

Quote :
Modern Warfare 3 has been a smash hit at retailers, making an outrageous $775 million in less than a week. That's not exactly surprising, but what is surprising is the game's success in Japan.

Japanese sales figures for the time period from November 14th through November 20th have been posted at Andriasang, and the results are rather fascinating. Modern Warfare 3, which is published by Square Enix in Japan, sold 180,372 units on PlayStation 3 in its first week on the market there. Supplement that sum with the 30,467 units sold on Xbox 360, and you have an impressive combined first week sales of 210,839.

What's most surprising about this isn't necessarily that Modern Warfare 3 sold better than anything else in Japan last week (as Andriasang points out, Black Ops had impressive numbers last year, too), but that it sold over three times more than Ni No Kuni, the new Level-5 PS3-exclusive RPG that people have been anticipating.

Ni No Kuni came out during the same week Modern Warfare 3 did in Japan, and it only managed just over 67,000 units sold.

Source: IGN
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?!   Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:36 pm

Surprising. I expected most Japanese gamers to pass this one since it was made primarily for western Gamers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?!   Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Strange. Did it have the huge advertising in Japan like everywhere else? Cos it was fucking shoved down our throats in every media form.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?!   Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 8:37 am

^

Actually didn't see too much advertising here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?!   Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 8:41 am

Teckno wrote:
^

well Afghanistan inst the biggest market
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?!   Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 8:43 am

:Okay:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?!   Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:23 am

Mikenuge wrote:
Teckno wrote:
^

well Afghanistan inst the biggest market

:poker:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?!   Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 3 Selling Great in... Japan?!
Page 1 of 1