Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wolfie Reviews: Fable III

Go down 
+2
Archduke
Orc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  Empty
PostSubject: Wolfie Reviews: Fable III    Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:02 pm

When fable 3 hit store shelves, it was met with very mixed responses. As a big fan of Fable 2, I was certain that I would enjoy Fable 3 just as much regardless of some negative reviews, considering even Fable 2 had its fair share of criticisms.
To my surprise though, my completion of Fable 3 left me feeling wholly unsatisfied and somewhat cheated.

Let's start off with the basics.
The game begins similarly to the previous games, in that after a brief introduction to the protagonist, the controls and basic game mechanics, you will bear witness to murder. The killing is executed (no pun intended) by none other than the tyrannical king; your brother. This murder sets the foundation for the narrative of the entire game... revenge. But unlike other games revenge-based-plots, the narrative does delve quite a bit deeper and will present to you the suffering of the common folk in Albion and how the King is mistreating them.
Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  Gaze-upon-fable-3s-dashing-hero-in-new-screenshot
You will take it upon yourself to start a revolution, take the throne and bring harmony back to Albion.

I do not wish to spoil the story for others but upon taking the throne, you will make a discovery. A dark discovery. Something that will influence every decision you make from then on, and believe me, there are plenty.

This twist in the storyline was ingenious. I will not ruin it for you but I promise that it will change everything. When you take the throne the game will provide many choices for you to make, day after day. You will have to make sacrifices one way or another. You will truly have to think about every action you make, think of the repercussions in the short run and the long run. And you will witness changes around you, based upon what you choose to do. Whether it be building factories around Albion, draining bower lake, building a brothel or an orphanage, and so on.

Being a king was the biggest new feature the game implemented and I truly enjoyed having freedom to craft the future of Albion. So what is my complaint?

As far as the gameplay goes, it plays virtually the same as the previous two games. You can still have children, have a house, have sex, get a job do the whole real-estate thing, customise your character, customise your house and whatnot.
I was a little disappointed with the relationship side of the game. In previous games you could romance everyone and effectively have numerous girlfriends/boyfriends. Now everyone has a set sexuality so if you are a male you cannot romance a lesbian female or a straight male. If you are a female, you cannot romance a straight female or gay male. This, despite being perhaps a bit more "lifelike", did limit the enjoyment of the game.
But that is only a minor issue.
One of the major issues for me was how darn quickly I completed the game. As usual Molyneux put Fable 3 on a pedestal and claimed that the part of the game where you gain the throne is only about midway through the game. This was a big, fat lie. In actual fact, the part of being king was incredibly short and felt way too rushed.
Overall the game was not short, in fact it has great long-life if you do the side quests and whatnot. But for such a major part of the game to be so hasty really spoiled the experience for me. Seeing months go by in a blink of an eye simply gave me the theory that Lionhead ran out of time or ideas towards the end of the game, and they wanted to get it onto shelves as quick as possible.
Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  Fable-3-molyneux

Lastly, no matter what decisions you make, ultimately they are useless. Everything boils down to simply one thing.... money. If you gain a lot of money early on in the game, then you are sorted. You wont be put into situations where you are forced to make bad decisions as king.

My last complaint is a bit picky but I think that Fable's exploration is starting to show its age. The small areas, the load times... it shouldn't still be occuring in this day and age. Now we should be able to roam the entire world of Albion, witnessing a load screen perhaps only when entering a city or village.

In terms of sound, Fable 3 truly doth shine. The voice acting is excellent. It is the first Fable game to have such an extensive cast of famous actors/actresses to do the voice work. These people really capture the wacky, sometimes serious and slightly comedic mood and feel of the Fable universe.
The soundtrack is as pleasant as always but didn't particularly stand out.

Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  Fable-3-revolution

Graphically the game won't be impressing anyone but it is by no means a bad looking game. It is certainly a lot better than average, and in some cases looks wonderful. The animation is particularly nice, especially on foliage and other kinds of scenery.

Overall, Fable 3 is an adventure worth experiencing despite its shortcomings but those expecting a triple-A rpg will only be let down by this short-winded, anger-inducing, albeit enjoyable and tight rpg.
7/10

TL;DR:
The game is definitely enjoyable, the storyline had a very clever twist, the voice actings great, some new features were decent and are welcome additions to the fable formula but the end felt rushed, some changes spoil the experience and the game engine is showing its age.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Wolfie Reviews: Fable III    Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 3:21 pm

Fable is meh. TES FTW
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wolfie Reviews: Fable III    Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Fable 3 was decent. But the morality was horrible and the game itself was way to easy.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Wolfie Reviews: Fable III    Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:19 am

Duke wrote:
Fable is meh. TES FTW

Very insightful.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Wolfie Reviews: Fable III    Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:41 pm

Duke wrote:
Fable is meh. TES FTW

It's usually the top posters that post the dumbest and most irrelevant shit.

Who the hell mentioned TES on this thread for you to bring it up?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Wolfie Reviews: Fable III    Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:01 am

^ lol
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wolfie Reviews: Fable III    Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:30 am

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Duke wrote:
Fable is meh. TES FTW

Winner: Dark Souls
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Wolfie Reviews: Fable III    Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:36 am

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Duke wrote:
Fable is meh. TES FTW

The guy that you are responding to did. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Wolfie Reviews: Fable III    Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:11 pm

Fable 3 was meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Wolfie Reviews: Fable III    Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Duke wrote:
Fable is meh. TES FTW

Winner: Dark Souls

Dark Souls is harder than fighting God.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Wolfie Reviews: Fable III    Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:17 pm

Stay on topic or you will be banned Duke. No more random comparisons with other games okay? It tends to make things sway off-topic when you do that.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Wolfie Reviews: Fable III    Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:32 pm

No one read my review :Okay:
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Wolfie Reviews: Fable III    Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:38 pm

Lykos wrote:

I read it. I agreed with basically everything you said. It's not a bad game, it's just not the AAA game that everyone was hoping it would be.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Wolfie Reviews: Fable III    Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:53 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Lykos wrote:

I read it. I agreed with basically everything you said. It's not a bad game, it's just not the AAA game that everyone was hoping it would be.

:happyalone: AGREE ❤
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Wolfie Reviews: Fable III    Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 8:42 am

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Lykos wrote:

Everyone hoping Fable 3 would be AAA? :fuckthat:

People already knew that it would BARELY be a AA game, even before it launched.

Unless you count the xbots hyping it up through the moon Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  725796345
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wolfie Reviews: Fable III    Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 8:51 am

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Lykos wrote:

Lol knowing molyneux his past we should be glad it ended up AA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolfie Reviews: Fable III    Wolfie Reviews: Fable III  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolfie Reviews: Fable III
Page 1 of 1