Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series

Go down 
+10
The_Biotic_God
Chobo
Bluenose
Orc
ghost23
igame
Hydell
Pein
Stigma
NoelX2
14 posters

Which is Better?
 Halo
 Resistence
View results
AuthorMessage
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series Empty
PostSubject: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:36 pm

Sci-Fi FPS

HALO

Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series Wallpaper-halo-3-01jpg

vs.

RESISTENCE

Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series Resistence

Gamers....DEBATE!

Last edited by NoelX2 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:16 am

Halo, Resistance sucks.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:34 am

both franchises are really good..but i have to with halo..better story,better multiplayer,forge,firefight etc..
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:01 am

I like both but im gonna go with Resistance, your character actually has development Razz

Halo multiplayer has vehicles which is something that Resistance lacks, i think the weapons in Resistance are more interesting and fun.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:28 am

Sure use a huge epic cover for Halo and a small not so epic cover for resistance Razz

I'll go with resistance, i really like the setting and atmosphere.
I tried liking halo, but i just couldn't care much for the story, the first time i played it my friends wanted to watch to see why everyone at school talked about it so much, and well, they got bored lol

Last edited by igame on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 6:50 am

Halo without a doubt. Resistance has nothing that really makes it stand out from the crowd for me.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:12 am

From what I've played, Resistance's campaign is more my kind of thing. That being said, Halo's is a bit more epic so-to-speak.
But I'd give a SP award to Resistance because I find Halo campaigns dull Razz

Resistance games have more players but I think Halo wins multiplayer easily. The halo games have always had insanely addictive multiplayer. In fact, if it wasn't for the multiplayer I would detest halo.

Quote :
I like both but im gonna go with Resistance, your character actually has development
You mean it actually has a character that talks Razz
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:04 am

The debate is only about the Sci-Fi universe of the game itself right?
Cuz i see people mentioning multiplayer and what not
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am

Wait till Arbiteris and JubJub see this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:31 am

Halo has the best multi-player, but resistance has a better story and character development in its campaign.

Example:

When Master Chief dies at the end of Halo 3, I didn't really care cause he was like a robot to me.

But when Nathan Hale dies at the end of resistance 2, It had a bigger impact because you knew more about Hale and how he has evolved as a character.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:03 pm

chobo500 wrote:
Halo has the best multi-player, but resistance has a better story and character development in its campaign.

Example:

When Master Chief dies at the end of Halo 3, I didn't really care cause he was like a robot to me.

But when Nathan Hale dies at the end of resistance 2, It had a bigger impact because you knew more about Hale and how he has evolved as a character.

Actually, Halo has the better story and universe but the way it is executed leaves the masses indifferent about it. No one cares what happens to Noble team if they all sound and act dull as fuck.

I prefer Halo's gameplay, definitely.

Oh and in Halo 3, Master Chief does not die. It shows a cutscene of him and Cortana being trapped in space. MC freezes himself and tells Cortana to "wake me up when you need me", causing the massives rumors and speculations of "Halo 4" or something else that will continue MC's story arch.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:06 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Halo, Resistance sucks.

Wow Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series 3128676713 your debating skill are awesome!

I'm gonna go with Resistance. Hale, unlike Master Chief, isn't just an alien kill machine. Hale actually has a personality and talks (more in the second than in the first Razz). And Resistance:FoM had AWESOME story telling. The narration was gold, something I was really sad was not in Resistance 2. And, to me at least, Halo's campaigns were very boring and repetitive. Resistance it actually changes it up a bit (especially the missions with hordes of Grims).

And multiplayer-wise, Halo is obviously the winner. Even though I extensively played the first Resistance's multiplayer and thought it was fun, the second one was just mass chaos. Although the coop campaign is better then Halo's coop.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:47 pm

Shit...I forgot the poll.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:15 pm

I do love halo, but I cannot compare the two as I have not played them.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:42 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Halo, Resistance sucks.

Wow Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series 3128676713 your debating skill are awesome!

I'm gonna go with Resistance. Hale, unlike Master Chief, isn't just an alien kill machine. Hale actually has a personality and talks (more in the second than in the first Razz). And Resistance:FoM had AWESOME story telling. The narration was gold, something I was really sad was not in Resistance 2. And, to me at least, Halo's campaigns were very boring and repetitive. Resistance it actually changes it up a bit (especially the missions with hordes of Grims).

And multiplayer-wise, Halo is obviously the winner. Even though I extensively played the first Resistance's multiplayer and thought it was fun, the second one was just mass chaos. Although the coop campaign is better then Halo's coop.

I'll be honest Resistance just bored me to tears. I never played the second one though, heard it was worse than the first. I played Halo 3 for like 6 months straight, Halo Reach had a pretty awesome campaign, I dislike the new additions to the multiplayer though. It's a lot less skillful. I knew something was wrong when so many COD players were enjoying the Reach Beta.
Back to top Go down
solidstudios
Villager
Villager
solidstudios

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:24 pm

I like Halo better. Resistance was just so....boring. i didn't like it
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:11 am

You spelled Resistance wrong, dumbass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:19 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
Pwn't
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:56 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
I dont give a shit.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 8:11 pm

I would say that Halo is better, even though I've Never Player much of Halo or Resistance.

Last edited by DukemNukem43 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:12 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
I would say that Halo is better, even though I've Never Player much of Halo or Residtance.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:52 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
DukemNukem43 wrote:
I would say that Halo is better, even though I've Never Player much of Halo or Residtance.

STFU Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series 3089832172
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series   Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamers Debate #1 Sci-Fi FPS : Halo series vs. Resistence series
Page 1 of 1