Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Killzone 3 is huge!

Go down 
+6
Bluenose
Pein
The_Biotic_God
Stigma
TheJubJub5721
Stoney
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Killzone 3 is huge!  Empty
PostSubject: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:20 pm

Quote :
If there’s one thing that says a lot about a game is the size, with Sony’s next big title Killzone 3 releasing soon, just how does it stack up?

Today at JPS headquarters we got quite the interesting package straight from Sony, a prerelease copy of the upcoming title Killzone 3. The Killzone series has a lot going on from amazing graphics to a top class online multiplayer. Fans who might have played the demo may recall a rather large download size, nearly 4 GB in size. So this brings up the question, just how big is Killzone 3? Its quite the understable question, most of the higher file size games are either top tier or have nearly endless things to do; some examples would be Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 2, God of War 3 and the highest of all Final Fantasy XIII.

As our first of many topics to give you all the details on this powerhouse, we are happy to announce that Killzone 3 is 41.5 GB making it just a little bit over Final Fantasy XIII making it the largest current Playstation 3 title. This is quite a shock considering the last game (Killzone 2) clocked in with a respectable 12 GB! With this news though, I’m sure you have to be wondering if there’s a data install. I mean most largest games have one, and you want something this nice to run perfectly right? Well we are happy to announce that Killzone 3 officially has NO data install and runs perfectly!

Stay tuned for more information in the days to come.

Almost 3 and half times bigger than KZ 2. Surprised

Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:02 pm

Surprised wow...
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:11 pm

Damn that's a lot of cutscenes.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:46 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

Cutscenes?

Maybe. But it could be other things. Some PS3 exclusives use alot of the space to either speed up seek times (by data duplication) or have alot of textures stored on the disc instead of the main RAM.

Unlikely that an FPS would have 30+ GBs of cutscenes.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:51 am

Sovereign Alan wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Cutscenes?

Maybe. But it could be other things. Some PS3 exclusives use alot of the space to either speed up seek times (by data duplication) or have alot of textures stored on the disc instead of the main RAM.

Unlikely that an FPS would have 30+ GBs of cutscenes.

Yeah like MGS4 or God of war 3. But still, games that use up a lot of space generally have an over excess of cutscenes.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 4:22 am

they said there's going to be 70 minutes of cutscenes or something like that
but still pretty huge
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:27 am

They also mentioned that the levels in KZ 3 are in and around 10 times the size of the ones on KZ 2 . . . . . . . .Maybe that's a contribution also.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:03 pm

O.O

And it didn't take 6 years to make... Get a notepad PD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:18 pm

Teckno wrote:
O.O

And it didn't take 6 years to make... Get a notepad PD.

Size of a game has nothing to do with how long it takes to make it. It largely depends on what that space is utilized for.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:10 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Epic truth is epic.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Having the engine already there helps, Killzone 2 was built from scratch on a platform they have never worked on.

And there will be 70 mins of cutscenes, the huge file size will be because the levels are supposely ten times the size of Killzone 2.

Uncompressed textures and audio also take up space, along with all the redundant assets.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Lykos wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Epic truth is epic.

Teh fanboy is slowly creeping back out of ya'. :face:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:30 am

Stoney wrote:
Lykos wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Epic truth is epic.

haha Razz It's not fanboyism. It's just thinking logically. Games like Metal Gear Solid IV took up loads of the blu-ray disk. You'd think you'd get a massive game. Well that's partly true but 50% is cutscenes.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:51 pm

DAYUM!!!!! Thats huge!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:16 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
DAYUM!!!!! Thats huge!

And thats what she said.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:23 pm

Lykos wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Lykos wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Epic truth is epic.

haha Razz It's not fanboyism. It's just thinking logically. Games like Metal Gear Solid IV took up loads of the blu-ray disk. You'd think you'd get a massive game. Well that's partly true but 50% is cutscenes.

More then 50%
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Just found out Killzone 3 will have 70 mins of cut scenes, so I guess not "a whole lot of cut scenes" :king:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is huge!    Killzone 3 is huge!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killzone 3 is huge!
Page 1 of 1