Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3   Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:21 am

Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3 Ps4-lo10

Quote :
Sony’s pre-E3 conference confirmed to gamers that PS4 games will be DRM free unless a publisher chooses to impose safeguards on its titles, as well as no restrictions on game sharing or the use of pre-owned titles. Sony exec Scott Rohde believes that the company has set a precedent in this area for next-gen.

Speaking with Polygon, Rohde stated that he couldn’t see any third-party publisher forcing its own DRM measure on PS4 users after Sony’s unrestricted policy became public last week.

“All those publishers were sitting in [our] press conference last night,” he said. “When Jack [Tretton], punch after punch after punch, and the house almost came down with all the cheers, they heard that. They heard it loud and clear and they saw the reaction to what our friends in green talked about. I think it’s pretty clear that we’ve set a nice precedent.”

Rohde reiterated his belief that publishers will steer clear of PS4 DRM, “Quite frankly it would be pretty surprising to me to see a third party come up with some way to set a new set of DRM rules that were able to act on top of that.”

Interestingly, Rohde was one of a few executives targeted during a Twitter-wide ‘PS4noDRM’ hastag campaign last month. Check out the impact of the campaign here.

Thanks GI.biz.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3   Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:40 am

trey 4 lyf
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3   Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 11:17 am

Whoever implements it, the most obvious one being EA, then just boycott them. I can see almost every company blocking the online portion, the paywall access to the MP to about €14.99 -€19.99 so it would probably make people re-consider buying used. For example, do I pay €49.99 -€54.99 for a new game, or do I pay €34.99-€39.99 on a used game, with no access to online and if I want to go online, it would potentially cost more than buying new. 

As long as there is a company doesn't implement an offline DRM (similar to games now, then I see no problem). 

Just remembered that EA scrapped online passes so maybe they won't implement their own restrictions. 

Either way, the publishers know they'll be fucked if they follow MS's draconian policies.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3   Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 12:45 pm

Stoney wrote:
Whoever implements it, the most obvious one being EA, then just boycott them. 

Lol, if only the gaming community had that kind of will to actually have an effect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3   Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:57 pm

i blame the jews.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3   Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony doesn't see publishers using DRM on PS4 after the huge response at E3
Page 1 of 1