Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first

Go down 
+10
TheJubJub5721
ghost23
Orc
The_Biotic_God
Archduke
Mecha
Jack the Spectre
BioDemon
Stoney
The Enkindler
14 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first Empty
PostSubject: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:12 pm

Quote :
Microsoft continues its DLC strategy in the multiplatform content wars. As with Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty, and Fallout before it, DLC for the upcoming Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be available on Xbox 360 first. According to the announcement, "the first two add-on content drops for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be releasing on Xbox 360, 30 days before it's available anywhere else."

"If you’d like to be the first to break new ground in Skyrim, Xbox Live is the only destination that won’t keep you waiting."

While it's too early to detail the game's DLC plans, Bethesda's Todd Howard told AusGamers that gamers can expect fewer, larger expansions for Skyrim. "Right now I can say that we'd like to do less DLC but bigger ones -- you know, more substantial," he said. "We don't know what we're going to make yet, but we'd like them to be closer to an expansion pack feel."

Of course, gamers that are fed up with Microsoft's DLC shenanigans may want to opt for the PC version instead. It will be the only platform that supports mods created by the community.
Pretty much what the last sentence says(Provided that your PC is stronger than Chuck Norris).

http://www.shacknews.com/article/69906/skyrim-dlc-hits-xbox-360-first
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:23 pm

"We don't know what we're going to make yet, but we'd like them to be closer to an expansion pack feel."

Good lad, Todd.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:37 pm

The jew and I called this one.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:22 pm

Yes we did.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:39 pm

This is bullshit!!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:39 pm

Too bad I'm getting on PS3. The DLC will be timed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 4:33 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
Too bad I'm getting on PS3. The DLC will be timed.

That bit was kind of already implied in the title.

@OP

I guess I'll go with the 360 version then.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:29 pm

I'll be at university when it comes out Sad

So I will probably have to get it on pc and play it with low graphics settings. Tbh as long as I can play it smoothly that is all that matters.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:39 pm

Lykos wrote:
I'll be at university when it comes out Sad

So I will probably have to get it on pc and play it with low graphics settings. Tbh as long as I can play it smoothly that is all that matters.

Uhhh. When you asked me if your labtop could run TES I thought you meant Oblivion. I'm not sure if your labtop can run Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:49 pm

I did mean Oblivion. But I went on game debate and Skyrim will run smoothly on low-medium settings. Apparently Razz
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 7:44 pm

I'm getting it on 360, so cool!
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 7:51 pm

PC. But I am glad that they are making bigger, expansion DLC. Like Shivering Isles.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 12:50 am

Saw it coming, i'll probably still be playing side quests by the time it comes out on ps3.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:41 am

Not suprised. Especially after the fallout DLC strategy of microsoft.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:03 pm

So microsoft does not pay to get their customers better content or more content, but to get the content of others delayed. awesome. microsoft truly is holding gaming back.
Loving the company so far.

Never understood this tactics. worthless.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:27 pm

Gutzahn wrote:

So microsoft does not pay to get their customers better content or more content, but to get the content of others delayed. awesome. microsoft truly is holding gaming back.

No they pay to let their customers get the content first. It really helps if the big franchises such as Call of Duty and Elder Scrolls are associated with the XBOX 360.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:45 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Gutzahn wrote:

No they pay to let their customers get the content first. It really helps if the big franchises such as Call of Duty and Elder Scrolls are associated with the XBOX 360.

So, they are trying to ride off multi-plats as exclusives.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:50 pm

chobo500 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Gutzahn wrote:

Like Sony doesn't try to do the same thing. Double standards :fuckthat:.

For example, I didn't really know anything about Red Dead Redemption before it released. When I saw an advert on TV at the end it showed the "It only does everything" logo for PS3. At first I really thought it was a PS3 exclusive since earlier I heard about how Rockstar is making an exclusive for Sony. So yea Sony does try to mislead people into thinking some AAA multiplat games are PS3 exclusive. It's called brand association. They did it all last gen with games like Metal Gear Solid (Only the 3rd was exclusive to PS2) and GTA.

With that said, I don't like timed exclusivity. I'd rather MS spend those millions on securing full game exclusives rather than partially timed exclusive content.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:18 pm

Thaaaaaaaaats not the point. I dont get decieved by cheap tricks like that. The point is, that the customers dont get the content earlier cause of the payments. Without the cash beeing exchanged, they would have gotten it the same day.
The others however get it later. Thats the difference that makes it a dick move.

No one pays money.
Everyone gets the content on lets say the 30th august.

One side pays money
They still get the content at the 30th august, or maybe 1 or 2 days earlier.
But the others get it 30th september now.

thats bs

I dont care who does it. Its wrong and weak.
But you have to say, that this is microsofts favorite tactic. Decieving people into thinking its their game, or that their version is better , by delaying tactics.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:03 pm

Alanski wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Gutzahn wrote:

For example, I didn't really know anything about Red Dead Redemption before it released. When I saw an advert on TV at the end it showed the "It only does everything" logo for PS3. At first I really thought it was a PS3 exclusive since earlier I heard about how Rockstar is making an exclusive for Sony. So yea Sony does try to mislead people into thinking some AAA multiplat games are PS3 exclusive. It's called brand association. They did it all last gen with games like Metal Gear Solid (Only the 3rd was exclusive to PS2) and GTA.

With that said, I don't like timed exclusivity. I'd rather MS spend those millions on securing full game exclusives rather than partially timed exclusive content.

Or at least some REAL exclusive content like the joker missions in Batman Arkham Asylum.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:39 pm

chobo500 wrote:
Alanski wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Gutzahn wrote:

Or at least some REAL exclusive content like the joker missions in Batman Arkham Asylum.

Actually that would piss me off....I would like for the content to eventually come to the 360 or whatever platform didn't get it.. DLC shouldn't be exclusive it's just stupid. It's not any better if they did it that way because the joker mission was probably intended to be on both platforms before Sony stepped in and paid the developers.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first E0Pbf6f
Stature : 14
The Dreadf
Playing : Pin the dick on the Reek

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:05 pm

ill do as i did with oblivion buy 2 copies for pc and one for xbox I love you
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:56 pm

Arkay wrote:
If you have a PC that can run it, why would you buy it on a console, let alone in addition to the PC version?
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first E0Pbf6f
Stature : 14
The Dreadf
Playing : Pin the dick on the Reek

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:51 am

TRF wrote:
Arkay wrote:
If you have a PC that can run it, why would you buy it on a console, let alone in addition to the PC version?
because i is rich...
no but if i buy it on the pc only i'll be tempted to cheat and i want to beat the game pure before i start with modding and cheats also i got alot of money Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first   360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

360 version of Skyrim gets DLC first
Page 1 of 1