Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken

Go down 
+8
Bluenose
Archduke
2Sugoi2Die
ghost23
Dam_Noir
Gutzahn
Hydell
Mecha
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken Empty
PostSubject: The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken   The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:18 am

The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken Foreve10

Quote :
We hate to see problems with any game, but it's especially painful when that game is one of the best of the generation.

We're starting to hear reports that the PlayStation 3 version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has a major problem after about the 40-hour mark. When the save file gets too large and the PS3 cache gets too big, the game really starts to lag big time. Apparently, this includes major texture drop-off and entire pieces of the environment disappearing from view.

As an example of the problem, check the comments at Amazon.com, where the concerns are clear. At the top is a long post explaining how to bypass the problem; it basically involves taking a break after playing for 2-3 hours and turning off the auto-save function. Now, for the record, I remind everyone that I had the Xbox 360 version for review so if that 9.7 for the PS3 version causes problems, I apologize.

That being said, even if I did have the PS3 version, the score probably would've been the same, as I wouldn't have played long enough to encounter these issues with the save file size. The problem is that some people are just saying, "oh, just save and reboot, no big deal." However, we don't believe we should have to do this with any finished game. Hopefully, this is something Bethesda will address very soon, because no game should have to suffer this sort of severe issue.

Source: PSX
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken   The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:22 am

Holy shit Bethesda....test your game much?
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken   The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:05 am

Lol i thought it will lack all the time after this when i first heard about it. But if you can stop it by restarting the game after 2-3 hours its not as bad as i imagined.
Still sux though and i hope Bethesdea will fix this issue very soon.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken   The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:16 am

The issues on the PS3 seem to resemble the classic PC problem of memory leaks.

Mind you I find it funny how each platform seems to have their own individual problems regards this game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken   The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:42 am

bethesda. :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken   The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:20 am

My 360 version has a massive bug where I can't join the thieves guild...
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken   The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:47 am

Pull up a chair and have a look at this 'short' list of bugs...

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bugs_%28Skyrim%29
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken   The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:58 am

You know you are playing a Bethesda game when something goes wrong.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken   The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:55 am

Funny bugs, like the ultrasuperhomerun punch of the giants are just additional features that improve the game Razz
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken   The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:49 am

And they were saying that Skyrim would have less bugs than oblivion. :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken   The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:53 am

You'd think the Bestheda would have atleast been using Skyrim for 40+ hours on the PS3....
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken   The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:52 am

Thankfully I haven't come across any. Although I've just finished a mission in the Dark Brotherhood and when I went back to the Night Mother for another mission I'm 90% certain she just issued me the same mission as the one I completed, go to the Bee and Bard and meet the weary bandit.

Hope it's just a coincidence. I haven't checked it out yet.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken   The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Slightly off topic but apparently theres something similar in the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 where after playinga good while you save file corrupts...i was noticing it in all the lower reviews from people on Amazon as recent as July of this year.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken   The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Duke wrote:

Yeah but think of all the additions there are in this game like, say.... the dual wielding.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken   The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Lykos wrote:
Duke wrote:

Yeah but think of all the additions there are in this game like, say.... the dual wielding.

Also Oblivion had a shit ton of bugs XD I have not encountered very many in Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken   The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Reaper wrote:
Slightly off topic but apparently theres something similar in the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 where after playinga good while you save file corrupts...i was noticing it in all the lower reviews from people on Amazon as recent as July of this year.

Yea it seems to be a problem on PS3 in general. I recently finished ME2 on PS3 and I thankfully didn't come across this issue. I did have some weird audio problems though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken   The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The PS3 Version Of Skyrim Might Be Broken
Page 1 of 1