Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2

Go down 
+7
Archduke
Jack the Spectre
Chobo
Stoney
Orc
BioDemon
Blixtstorm
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 Empty
PostSubject: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:38 am

http://kotaku.com/5805282/looks-like-the-witcher-2-is-also-coming-to-the-xbox-360

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-24-new-witcher-game-to-be-announced-at-e3

Quote :
A new Witcher game will be announced at E3 next month, developer CD Projekt has told Eurogamer.

Could it possibly be the mooted console version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings? Senior producer Tomasz Gop wasn't giving much away, but did hint that CD Projekt might have good news for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 users.

"I can't say anything obviously for gazillions of reasons but it is a Witcher game, and I can say that console gamers might be interested in it," he explained.

One thing seems certain though – it won't be The Witcher 3.

"No, I'm not going to lie to you, we haven't started work on The Witcher 3," he said. "But it's possible we might do it in the future."

The Witcher 2 launched on PC last week, conjuring up a glowing 9/10 from Eurogamer's Quintin Smith.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=31097

Quote :
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Platform: Windows PC, Xbox 360

Rating: Mature

Content descriptors: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs

Rating summary:

This is a role-playing game in which players assume the role of Geralt, a monster slayer who must hunt down an assassin to clear his own name. As players complete quests, they use swords and magic spells to kill enemy soldiers and fantastical creatures (e.g., specters, harpies, spider-like monsters) in melee-style combat; attacks are often accompanied by slashing sounds and screams of pain. Blood-splatter effects occur when enemies are hit, and damage sometimes results in dismemberment or decapitation—blood stains and body parts occasionally appear in the environment. Other cutscenes depict gore and more intense acts of violence: a close-up view of a severed head; a restrained woman's eyes getting gouged out (off-screen); a character being castrated (not depicted) before his throat is slit. During the course of the game, some female characters are depicted topless; there is also a fleeting image of pubic hair as a woman dives into the water. Players can initiate brief cutscene sequences that depict varying degrees of sexual activity: a topless woman rocking on top of man; a man caressing a woman's back; a man pushing up against a woman's posterior—sexual moaning sounds can be heard, though the camera cuts away from explicit sexual acts. Some sequences depict a cocaine-like substance being cut into lines; another scene shows a man's back as he snorts the substance. Language such as 'f**k,' 'sh*t,' and 'c*nt' can be heard in the dialogue.

So far I would love to see both games on the console. And since Witcher 2 has Xbox360 controler support in game already... Seems legit.

Added:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110360-ESRB-Outs-Witcher-2-for-Xbox-360

"The ESRB doesn't have anything to say about a PlayStation 3 version of the game at the moment but it's a fair assumption that if this 360 business is legit, a PS3 edition will show up at some point as well."

Last edited by Blixtstorm on Wed May 25, 2011 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:47 am

360 owners without gaming PCs, you better buy this masterpiece. Also, I wonder how big the downgrade in graphics is going to be.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:58 am

Wahay!! Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 2505020059 I hope so. I really want this game. Same with the first but my pc can't even run the first game Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 725796345

So yeah, if 360 gets a port, I am gonna cream my jeans. I mean, Skyrim AND The Witcher 2? Talk about fucking epic
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:20 am

Fuck yeah that would be awesome. I really want to play witcher 2 but im one of those damn welfare gamers. Sad And its about time the 360 is getting atleast some console exclusives.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:21 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Fuck yeah that would be awesome. I really want to play witcher 2 but im one of those damn welfare gamers. Sad And its about time the 360 is getting atleast some console exclusives.

I have no money like ps3 has no gaems Sad

When I sell my wii I will probably just buy games and beer and not bother with a ps3.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:58 pm

BioRevenant wrote:
360 owners without gaming PCs, you better buy this masterpiece. Also, I wonder how big the downgrade in graphics is going to be.

I'd be happy with Mass Effect 2 standard graphics.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:35 pm

Stoney wrote:
BioRevenant wrote:

I'd be happy with Mass Effect 2 standard graphics.

Id be happy with minecraft standard graphics.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:05 pm

Good. the 360 needs this "console exclusive" because the 360 has barely any core exclusives this year.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:13 pm

I hope it gets a PS3 port. If not, that's fine, but I'd much rather play it on my PS3.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:33 pm

I would like to warn everyone that this game has a huge learning curve. It doesn't explain it at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:35 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
I would like to warn everyone that this game has a huge learning curve. It doesn't explain it at all.
Perhaps the dev could whip up a better tutorial for the console ports. Also, I wouldn't mind reading the manual if I had to.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:43 pm

TRF wrote:
DukemNukem43 wrote:
Perhaps the dev could whip up a better tutorial for the console ports. Also, I wouldn't mind reading the manual if I had to.

I've been watching Darksydephil do a Playthrough of this on PC already. He is getting so much shit from PC elitists for not understanding the game. He even read the manual and it didn't help him much. They're going to really need an in-game tutorial for console owners.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:16 pm

Cool, if it comes out on 360 I'll check this game out.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Thats cool. What does it play like?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:00 pm

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
Thats cool. What does it play like?

A very difficult action RPG.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:03 pm

They've got it listed for Xbox 360 on wikipedia too.

I'll buy it as soon as I can if it does come out.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:10 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
They've got it listed for Xbox 360 on wikipedia too.

I'll buy it as soon as I can if it does come out.

Do it. This game is fucking amazing. Could be better than Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:57 pm

^^^ No.

Razz But I think I might get it. On PC of course.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:58 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
^^^ No.

Razz But I think I might get it. On PC of course.

The game was primarily made for PC. Of course you get the better versions.

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 7:49 am

Quote :
Last night, a listing for a Witcher 2 release on Xbox 360 made its way onto the Entertainment Software Ratings Board. Tonight, developer CD Projekt responded.

“We’ve said for some time that we’d love to bring The Witcher 2 to consoles, but we haven’t made any announcements to that effect,” CD Projekt told Joystiq. “Our focus has been and continues to be on the PC version. We’re going to be showing off something at E3, and we’ll announce what that is shortly before the show.”

Stay tuned. We’re getting the announcement by a little over a weeks time.

http://scrawlfx.com/2011/05/cd-projekt-on-witcher-2-console-listing

I guess a console version will definitely be announced at E3, I expect a PS3 version also considering he said consoles, plural.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:24 pm

Just because they'd like to bring it to more than one console doesn't necessarily mean they will be able to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2   Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2
Page 1 of 1