Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(belated) L.A. Noire Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

Stature : 3
London, England

(belated) L.A. Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: (belated) L.A. Noire Review   (belated) L.A. Noire Review I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:41 pm

Apologies I finished L.A. Noire the day before I went on holiday a fortnight ago so this is one of the first opportunity I've had to write a review.
Moving along, L.A. Noire is Rockstar's 2011 entry into their trademarked April/May release window, following up last year's GOTY contender Red Dead Redemption. However L.A. Noire is a very different kind beast to Rockstar usually shtick. Developed by Australian sweat shop-likes Team Bondi, L.A. Noire is an open world detective game. I really enjoyed L.A. Noire for how different it feels; it's like someone decided to make an old school adventure game with a $50 million budget.
The game tests your real life skills as opposed to your gaming ones, and some of the trickier interrogations can be tougher to nail than a boss in Demon's Souls. The attention to detail is exceptional and the facial animations are as impressive as advertised, if a little low in detail (where are the beards!)
However it's not without it's faults; a repetitive structure, poor pacing and a disconnected plot being just some of L.A. Noire's issues. However once your sucked in it's hard to put down and you'll learn to live with the foibles.
I don't think L.A. Noire will sell as well as GTAIV or have the critical success of Red Dead Redemption, but it's an interesting title worth picking up if your sick of shooting terrorists with an AK.
Back to top Go down

(belated) L.A. Noire Review
Page 1 of 1