Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

L.A Noire Review

Go down 
+9
Mecha
Zombie
Hydell
The_Biotic_God
Jack the Spectre
Franko
Pizzy3C
Orc
Pein
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 11:59 am

L.A Noire is finally here..is it a another gta 4 overrated mess or a surprising awesome game like red dead redemption? lets find out

THE STORY
the story takes in 1947's Los Angeles.after ww2,world war 2 veteran Cole Phelps becomes a police officer to right the wrong in the city of Los Angeles
the story is told through newspapers,flashbacks from Cole's beginning as a private and then sent in Okinawa..the story in Okinawa serves as a good back story to some characters that were in Cole's division during ww2 and later in the game you will meet them..
Now the story in L.A Noire is just plot holes in every department..some of them have no connection to other cases while some after the traffic department are connected eventhough it doesn't seem at first..the story in every department is told nicely but i gotta say after the homicide department..vice and arson are a bit more complex and might be complicated if you don't pay attention at all..but in the end the story is taken from every noir movies that you can think off..
se7en check..l.a confindental check..the big sleep...check and even movies like dead men dont wear plaid that spoof the noir genre
the main protagonist Cole is the best character that Rockstar has made along with Team Bondi..this game is the longest Rockstar game ever made and there's a lot of character development which is good..while the story has some slightly problems..it's the best story so far this year

so for the story

THE GRAPHICS
the graphics are well..i can say how much FUCKING awesome the graphics are..forget the facial animations..they still LOOK incredibly AMAZING and its a great step in the gaming industry but i think what makes the graphics is the city of Los Angeles..this whole city is huge..i think it is bigger than Liberty City from gta 4 because there are sooo many streets that you can cruise around for hours..the lighting,the shadows and the animations in the walking and interacting is BEYOND amazing
they even made this awesome facial animations and yet they put this incredible big city that looks like Los Angeles back in 1947..plus every character that you see on the street has awesome facial animations and there's not a single character in this game that does not look good

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY
now this is what's going to decide for the game..is the gameplay good or bad? if you like FPS and play them for 24/7 without having played any puzzle oriented games with decision making.then this game is not for you..the gameplay has the similar gta 4 driving and you can also let your partner drive which skips the whole journey to that destination..the game is focused on finding clues..interrogating suspects,shootouts and fist fighting..now this fist fighting is kinda clunky and while it works..it isn't the fighting from gta 4..its more like the godfather and a bit from mafia 2..there is some fist fighting but it takes the back seat..now the shooting is pretty good.its similar to the mafia 2 shooting which was amazing and you can die fast along with the enemies you are shooting..this game does a good job at killing your enemies fast..not like games that take whole freaking clip to end somebody..there is also chases with cars which are pretty fun and chases on foot..there is no jump button in this game..if you run.Cole automaticaly jumps over fences,buildings etc. or sliding down or climbing up the ladders,stairs etc..its like the assassins creed parkour which is good and you can jump almost every fence in the game which is also great..now the interrogations are big game changers in the game..you can choose to believe the suspect,doubt him or her or to accuse him or her for lying..if you accuse her or him,they will ask for some evidence.and that's why its important to find every clue in the case you are working on so you can shove the evidence right in their face which is satisfying.if you screw up more questions in a single case.its more difficult to find the killer you are looking for,but if you get the right questions correctly,its more easier to find the killer..some people will like the gameplay but the fragheads won't and this is a good thing because its different from the normal shit we are seeing each year *cough* madden,cod * cough*

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR
this game was a blast to play..i think this is the "ULTIMATE" Rockstar game for me..incredibly story with tons of twists,action and drama packed with some revolutionary facial animations and graphics..not to mention the unique gameplay with the interrogations and the great shootouts..this game to me is the Game Of The Year SO FAR.and probably the best game to come out at the first half of this year..its got awesome production value,top notch story,graphics and gameplay and you got L.A Noire..i suggest buying this game because this is what i wanted in video games.a noir video game that takes references of tons of other noir films and even shows like C.S.I which is great..i am a big noir movie guy and this is what i wanted..now the game might be a bit repetitive and a bit boring when you are searching for clues but other than that small issue..this game is the best Rockstar game ever made..Kudos to Rockstar Games and Team Bondi for making this awesome unique experience..not to mention that this game is longer than gta 4 and a bit longer than red dead redemption

so for the fun factor

FINAL SCORE:L.A NOIRE GETS A..

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:00 pm

Nice review but dude

Quote :
this game was a blast to play..i think this is the "ULTIMATE" Rockstar game for me..incredibly story with tons of twists,action and drama packed with some revolutionary facial animations and graphics..not to mention the unique gameplay with the interrogations and the great shootouts..this game to me is the Game Of The Year SO FAR.and probably the best game to come out at the first half of this year..its got awesome production value,top notch story,graphics and gameplay and you got L.A Noire..i suggest buying this game because this is what i wanted in video games.a noir video game that takes references of tons of other noir films and even shows like C.S.I which is great..i am a big noir movie guy and this is what i wanted..now the game might be a bit repetitive and a bit boring when you are searching for clues but other than that small issue..this game is the best Rockstar game ever made..Kudos to Rockstar Games and Team Bondi for making this awesome unique experience..not to mention that this game is longer than gta 4 and a bit longer than red dead redemption

that is a single sentence...
umad?
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:14 pm

^lol

I love the game too... My problem is when I interview people i always get the first answer wrong :/ Great game though... I love these games coming out like this and Heavy Rain that entertain the mind and make you think...
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:45 pm

scores are overrated
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

L.A Noire Review XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 9:02 pm

I'm really enjoying the game so far.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 9:17 pm

Thanks for the review.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 2:58 am

Nice review i will probably buy it in a few years when i get a new PS3
Back to top Go down
Zombie
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Zombie

Stature : -2
America
Playing : Trolling, being annoying, laughing at people's misfortune, and sarcasm.

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 8:58 am

LA Noire is now at 89 on Metacritic D:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

L.A Noire Review R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 10:12 am

Reaper wrote:
Nice review i will probably buy it in a few years when i get a new PS3

Don't you mean PS4.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 1:25 pm

Can't wait for this game. I'm getting it later today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Pein gives everything a 9.0+ L.A Noire Review 725796345
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 1:49 pm

Sonji wrote:

so true haha
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:10 pm

Lykos wrote:
Sonji wrote:

so true haha
I remember A few games back at XBR that he raged at and gave low scores. But yeah, it's either below 6 or 9+. L.A Noire Review 725796345
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:16 pm

BioDemon wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Sonji wrote:

so true haha
I remember A few games back at XBR that he raged at and gave low scores. But yeah, it's either below 6 or 9+. L.A Noire Review 725796345

no, below 5 or above 9

but yeah kind of right lol!

And the graphics are always 10/10 if they're just slightly good (or even quite bad in the case of dragon age haha)
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Lykos wrote:
BioDemon wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Sonji wrote:

so true haha

no, below 5 or above 9

but yeah kind of right lol!

And the graphics are always 10/10 if they're just slightly good (or even quite bad in the case of dragon age haha)
I remember him saying that DA2 had the best story in any RPG ever, that was a facedesk. lol
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 4:35 am

fuck you all..i can review the games how i freaking want
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:41 am

You suck at reviewing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 2:50 pm

I need to get this game.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 3:23 pm

I need to get a new PS3, then play the three games i bought a few days before it broke, they are still shrink wrapped ffs.

THEN i will get LA Noire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

L.A Noire Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A Noire Review   L.A Noire Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

L.A Noire Review
Page 1 of 1