Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC

Go down 
+14
Stoney
yonny616
BioDemon
Gutzahn
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
igame
NoelX2
Bluenose
Based Sonji
Stigma
Orc
Mecha
The Enkindler
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:46 am

for 750 thats an awesome solution. Since I need a new computer, because my 5 year old pc is starting to die, i might as well just wait for windows 8 now.
Thats a huge boost for Windows 8 and renders the xbox 360 useless ... atleast for core gamers.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 1:50 pm

TRF wrote:
Sonji wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
Looks like I won't be needing to buy a new console after all.

This is idiotic. You rather pay $250+ for an OS to play games that you're not even sure your computer can run?

Actually, I need a new computer. So buying a new gaming PC + OS that can run those games is a good solution.

Wasting about $750+ just to justify not buying a new console is a good solution?

To each his own.
$750+ allows him to get a PC that can run PC games as well as 360 games. Sounds good to me.

You'll prolly be able to purchase two next-gen consoles with that money...

Doesn't seem worth it to me.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Sonji wrote:
TRF wrote:
Sonji wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:

This is idiotic. You rather pay $250+ for an OS to play games that you're not even sure your computer can run?

Actually, I need a new computer. So buying a new gaming PC + OS that can run those games is a good solution.

Wasting about $750+ just to justify not buying a new console is a good solution?

To each his own.
$750+ allows him to get a PC that can run PC games as well as 360 games. Sounds good to me.

A gaming PC by itself is worth $750, how is it not worth it?
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 2:01 pm

BioRevenant wrote:
Sonji wrote:
TRF wrote:
Sonji wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:

To each his own.

I rather purchase a PS4 and a Xbox (720?) than a gaming PC.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

America

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Sonji wrote:
BioRevenant wrote:
Sonji wrote:
TRF wrote:
Sonji wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:

To each his own.

To each his own I guess, you would easily make your money back via Steam deals though.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Sonji wrote:
BioRevenant wrote:
Sonji wrote:
TRF wrote:
Sonji wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:

To each his own.

I agree with Sonji, I would prefer getting a PS4 and a xbox than a PC.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 2:36 pm

PC v console debate incoming . . . . . . .
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

America

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Stoney wrote:
:fuckthat: I'm not going to start. Don't feel like it today.

Last edited by BioRevenant on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Stoney wrote:
And thread lockdown will be requested if that happens.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 2:40 pm

No PC vs Console debates...

But I wouldn't mind playing Xbox 360 games on Windows Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 2505020059 just another reason not to touch my Xbox XD
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Merchant
Merchant
Shin_Akuma

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 6:28 pm

the master race just gets better and better.
Back to top Go down
Quitelikeican
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Quitelikeican

Stature : 0
Closed Space

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:51 pm

Doutbful, what Microsoft is clearly doing (as I can say) is turning Games for Windows-Live into Xbox Live, they will consider to sell PC games on their marketplace and use the Xbox Live name to gain more games. Overall it's becoming a better competitor to Steam than GFWL was (as the haters say).
Back to top Go down
http://inuboy1000.webs.com/
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:58 am

I don't think the new Xbox will come out until 4 years from now. So this is just stupid. If it's confirmed.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:10 am

Quitelikeican wrote:
Doutbful, what Microsoft is clearly doing (as I can say) is turning Games for Windows-Live into Xbox Live, they will consider to sell PC games on their marketplace and use the Xbox Live name to gain more games. Overall it's becoming a better competitor to Steam than GFWL was (as the haters say).
OMG, you're still alive, Kendo? :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC   Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Windows 8 to allow Xbox 360 games to be played on PC
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2