Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft

Go down 
+13
Chobo
Stoney
RamboOnRedBull
yonny616
Based Sonji
igame
NoelX2
ghost23
The_Biotic_God
TheJubJub5721
Jack the Spectre
Blixtstorm
Stigma
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:47 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Also what do you mean? by
Quote :
That fact already equals over 7 1st party developers.
He means Crytek is a large company made up of many studios. There's Crytek Frankfurt (the main one I believe), Crytek UK (formerly Free Radical), Crytek South Korea, Crytek Black Sea (formerly Black Sea Studios), Crytek Ukraine, and Crytek Budapest. So no, it's not over seven, but six is still a damn good number.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:52 pm

Crysis 2 was BOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!

A.I was awful, just awful.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:21 pm

FUCKING DO IT MICROSOFT BECAUSE IF YOU GET CRYTEK THEN YOU GET CRYTEK UK AKA THE OTHER HALF OF RAREWARE. MERGE THEM WITH RARE AND WE GET THE CLASSIC A GOLD TEAM BACK, FUCKING BUY CRYTEK. KILLER INSTICT 3 AND TIMESPLITTERS 4; IF YOU HAVE A SHRED OF DECENCY AND AT LEAST HALF A BRAIN YOU'LL DO IT.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:22 pm

Alanski wrote:
I don't have Crysis 2 but it couldn't have been anymore disappointing than Killzone 3.
It was disappointing graphical(on consoles) and story wise, but like I said it's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:36 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
FUCKING DO IT MICROSOFT BECAUSE IF YOU GET CRYTEK THEN YOU GET CRYTEK UK AKA THE OTHER HALF OF RAREWARE. MERGE THEM WITH RARE AND WE GET THE CLASSIC A GOLD TEAM BACK, FUCKING BUY CRYTEK. KILLER INSTICT 3 AND TIMESPLITTERS 4; IF YOU HAVE A SHRED OF DECENCY AND AT LEAST HALF A BRAIN YOU'LL DO IT.

AND ANOTHER PERFECT DARK! A GOOD ONE THIS TIME!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:24 pm

chobo500 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

AND ANOTHER PERFECT DARK! A GOOD ONE THIS TIME!

AND ANOTHER CONKER GAME AND MAYBE A PROPER BANJO KAZOOIE SEQUEL THIS TIME!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Crytek are meh
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Mikenuge wrote:
Crytek are meh
:fuckthat: I wonder why you think this.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:21 am

Mikenuge wrote:
Crytek are meh

Look at the new dx11 patch for Crysis 2. Battlefield 3 may not be the standout winner for best graphics now.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:36 am

ghost23 wrote:
Mikenuge wrote:
Crytek are meh

Look at the new dx11 patch for Crysis 2. Battlefield 3 may not be the standout winner for best graphics now.
This, the DX11 and high res texture pack make it look fucking ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:59 am

ghost23 wrote:
Mikenuge wrote:
Crytek are meh

As I have stated before, The Witcher 2 is the best looking game so far... ever.. Even with the DX11 Patch and high res textures, Crysis 2 still doesnt look as good as The Witcher 2.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:41 am

Crytek actually are meh. I've never heard anyone praise them for great storylines or innovative gameplay. The only praise they get is from morons who think graphics equals quality....
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:06 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Mikenuge wrote:
Crytek are meh

As I have stated before, The Witcher 2 is the best looking game so far... ever.. Even with the DX11 Patch and high res textures, Crysis 2 still doesnt look as good as The Witcher 2.
Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 457301478

Yeah no.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:31 am

The Timesplitters series was most succesful by a large margin on the PS2. It would be unwise of Crytek to make Timesplitters 4 a Microsoft exclusive.

It would be comparable to Mass Effect 4 becoming a Playstation exclusive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:36 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
The Timesplitters series was most succesful by a large margin on the PS2. It would be unwise of Crytek to make Timesplitters 4 a Microsoft exclusive.

I'm pretty sure that had more to do with the PS2 selling 4 times the amount of consoles. All multiplats save maybe Splinter Cell and a few others sold better on the PS2.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:44 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:

I'm pretty sure that had more to do with the PS2 selling 4 times the amount of consoles. All multiplats save maybe Splinter Cell and a few others sold better on the PS2.

The orginal Timesplitters was only ever released on PS2, so that system was where the initial fanbase of the series was established. That's the point i'm making.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:55 pm

Dam_Noir wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:

The orginal Timesplitters was only ever released on PS2, so that system was where the initial fanbase of the series was established. That's the point i'm making.

Right, but don't forget that alot of 360 owners owned a PS2 last gen. Contrary to those who believe it, brand loyalty does not exist =3. There is no guarantee that PS3 owners of this gen will go with Playstation in the future.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Alanski wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:

Right, but don't forget that alot of 360 owners owned a PS2 last gen. Contrary to those who believe it, brand loyalty does not exist =3. There is no guarantee that PS3 owners of this gen will go with Playstation in the future.
Well I would like to guarantee that I'm still going to be with playStation next gen.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Not really the point. But thanks for the reassurance?

MS should still buy Crytek. They need some 1st party studios for next gen. The should probably pick up Epic Games too.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Alanski wrote:

MS should still buy Crytek. They need some 1st party studios for next gen. The should probably pick up Epic Games too.

I thought Epic Games said that they wanted to stay independent? Eh, who knows. I think MS should buy all the 1st party devs they can.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:10 pm

Alanski wrote:

Epic games would most likely be bought by EA rather than Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:58 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Alanski wrote:

EA doesn't need to purchase any more studios, their partners program is working great for them. I don't think Epic would ever agreed to being bought by Microsoft since they make a lot of money from licensing the Unreal Engine to multiplatform and if they were Microsoft first party, the engine would become a 360 exclusive and that cuts off a revenue stream.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:47 am

yonny616 wrote:
Alanski wrote:

BioWare cost EA $900 million plus, imagine how much Epic would cost!?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:06 pm

Stoney wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Alanski wrote:

Damn that's a lot of money, but it will most likely sell to EA. I'm not saying it will, but they seem to make a lot of games for EA which makes me believe they feel more comfortable as a EA partner than anything else.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:46 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Stoney wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Alanski wrote:

Damn that's a lot of money, but it will most likely sell to EA. I'm not saying it will, but they seem to make a lot of games for EA which makes me believe they feel more comfortable as a EA partner than anything else.

My thoughts exactly, i can't think of another company i would rather see them with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2