Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft

Go down 
+13
Chobo
Stoney
RamboOnRedBull
yonny616
Based Sonji
igame
NoelX2
ghost23
The_Biotic_God
TheJubJub5721
Jack the Spectre
Blixtstorm
Stigma
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 3:32 pm

Quote :
Microsoft Studio's corporate vice-president, Phil Spencer, has revealed to OXM that the platform holder almost bought up Crysis developer, Crytek, around seven years ago. But the company decided against an acquisition as the software line-up between the two was too similar.

As Spencer explained, "I do think it's about quality. And the relationship with Crytek is a perfect example. The first time we met with [Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli] and the team was around seven or eight years ago, and we started talking about what it'd mean for them to become first party.

"And it was a process of what do you guys want to do, what's unique for us, and they were just going to do Crysis, and they'd just come out of Far Cry, and we said we've probably got enough military future shooters, so go do that."

Spencer is, of course, referring to the similarities that Crytek's super shooter shares with their own IP, Halo.

Acquisition may have fallen through seven years ago but now Crytek is developing the Kinect-exclusive Ryse, which made its debut at E3. It would seem then, that the relationship between the two is stronger than ever. "Then they came up with this idea around Ryse," Spencer concluded, "and now they've really fallen in love with Kinect, and it's a perfect marriage for us."

Crytek going Xbox-exclusive would have meant a world without the gorgeous PC debut of the original Crysis, and all those "Can it run Crysis?" questions along with it. But as it turns out, Crysis may well see the light of day on PS3 and 360.

So they are telling me that microsoft fucked up first party with both CRYTEK AND BIOWARE? WTF MICROSOFT YOU GUYS COULD'VE DOMINATED YOU ASSHOLES
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 3:37 pm

Um, 7 years ago. It doesn't seem unlikely that Crytek could still go first party with Microsoft, they're developing Ryse after all. It even said their relationship is stronger than ever. I'm thinking Microsoft might get Crytek now that they lost Bungie. They did say that was the reason Crytek didn't go first party in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 3:42 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Um, 7 years ago. It doesn't seem unlikely that Crytek could still go first party with Microsoft, they're developing Ryse after all. It even said their relationship is stronger than ever. I'm thinking Microsoft might get Crytek now that they lost Bungie. They did say that was the reason Crytek didn't go first party in the first place.
Man they better. They fucking better. They need more 1st pary developers especially with the next gen and crytek is like the one of the most praised developers
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 4:45 pm

ooohhh Halo in Cryengine... that would be something special.

I also heard the rumour of Crysis 1 will come to Xbox. Saw it on Kotaku for some day ago.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 4:45 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:

I also heard the rumour of Crysis 1 will come to Xbox. Saw it on Kotaku for some day ago.
It's coming to 360 AND PS3 according to the rumor.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 5:00 pm

TRF wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

http://kotaku.com/5817371/rumor-crysis-bound-for-xbox-360

Read it and weep I love you Not really rejoice, because now you console people can enjoy the excellent story in this game... I really hope they add Warhead aswell, that game was pwn.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
TRF wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

Read it and weep I love you Not really rejoice, because now you console people can enjoy the excellent story in this game... I really hope they add Warhead aswell, that game was pwn.
http://www.lensoftruth.com/the-original-crysis-rated-for-ps3-xbox-360/
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1180288p1.html

Read it and weep. I love you
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 5:23 pm

TRF wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
TRF wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

http://www.lensoftruth.com/the-original-crysis-rated-for-ps3-xbox-360/
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1180288p1.html

Read it and weep. I love you

I have already played the games, now you have the chance to change the world.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Post the article link when you make a damn news thread.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 7:37 pm

It doesn't seem likely that MS would buy them. I think MS and Crytek will just have a relationship similar to Epic Games where they make some MS exclusives.

If MS has one disadvantage it would probably be in 1st party studios. I mean they only have Turn 10, Lionhead, 343i, and Rare (and they're practically stuck making Kinect casualware). So things aren't looking too hot for them next gen.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:37 am

I want Microsoft to buy them just to see the huge PC fanboy outrage at Crytek's betrayal of the master race. Because we all know that Microsoft will only make 360 exclusives.
But anyway, this partnership sounds great. Crytek are arguably the master of technology in the gaming industry so a lot of their work could influence the next XBOX.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:13 am

IDK if its gonna be all good or all bad....or in between.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:59 am

It would make things quite interesting if they did.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:09 am

Alanski wrote:
It doesn't seem likely that MS would buy them. I think MS and Crytek will just have a relationship similar to Epic Games where they make some MS exclusives.

If MS has one disadvantage it would probably be in 1st party studios. I mean they only have Turn 10, Lionhead, 343i, and Rare (and they're practically stuck making Kinect casualware). So things aren't looking too hot for them next gen.
Agreed. Microsoft has a shit 1st party line-up. And lionhead is most likely to focus mainly on kinect aswell.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:48 am

ghost23 wrote:
I want Microsoft to buy them just to see the huge PC fanboy outrage at Crytek's betrayal of the master race. Because we all know that Microsoft will only make 360 exclusives.
But anyway, this partnership sounds great. Crytek are arguably the master of technology in the gaming industry so a lot of their work could influence the next XBOX.

Partnership? What?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:36 pm

Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Partnership? What?

Partnership as in making Xbox exclusives? What don't you get about it?
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Alanski wrote:
Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Partnership? What?

I thought he was implying that MS bought them Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft 725796345
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:32 pm

Sonji wrote:
Alanski wrote:
Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Partnership? What?

I thought he was implying that MS bought them Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft 725796345

Well that logically wouldn't make any sense.. If Crytek became a 1st party developer for MS then MS can't have a partnership with itself. There isn't a "partnership" between a pimp and a ho; The pimp owns that ho.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:00 pm

I don't think they would "dominate". Sony has 18 1st party developers compared to Microsoft's 11 first party developers. If Crytek would've been bought they would still have a lower number compared to Sony, and probably Crysis franchise would've never existed.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:06 pm

Sonji wrote:
Alanski wrote:
Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Partnership? What?

I meant that it would be funny if Crytek went first party and all the PC fanboys went nuts.
But the current partnership that Microsoft and Crytek are in, could very likely shape the next generation XBOX.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:36 am

yonny616 wrote:
I don't think they would "dominate". Sony has 18 1st party developers compared to Microsoft's 11 first party developers. If Crytek would've been bought they would still have a lower number compared to Sony, and probably Crysis franchise would've never existed.
You do realize its fucking crytek right? That fact already equals over 7 1st party developers.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:52 am

yonny616 wrote:

It's not about numbers, but the quality of the product released. Crytek are a quality studio who have made quality franchises.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:00 am

Crytek aren't THAT great....:/
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
You do realize its fucking crytek right? That fact already equals over 7 1st party developers.
Yes I do realize that it's Crytek, but Crytek isn't that great. The Cryengine 3 was so overrated and turned out to be a disappointing, DICE's Frostbite 2 engine is mile ahead of any Cryengine. Also what do you mean? by
Quote :
That fact already equals over 7 1st party developers.
ghost23 wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

It's not about numbers, but the quality of the product released. Crytek are a quality studio who have made quality franchises.
Yes number do matter because the more developers you have the more quality games you can dish out. Crysis 2 was as much of a disappointment as Killzone 3 in my opinion, and the fact that reviewers called it the "King of Graphics on consoles" so early this year before Uncharted 3 or Battlefield 3 is bull shit.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:44 pm

I don't have Crysis 2 but it couldn't have been anymore disappointing than Killzone 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft   Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crytek Discussed Going First-Party with Microsoft
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next