Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? Empty
PostSubject: Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe?   Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 7:45 pm

Quote :
If NBC Universal's numbers are right, then some of Netflix's top shows don't stack up to NBC favorites like The Voice and Blind Spot. The company announced that it's found a way to track numbers for the popular streaming service.

The research showed that from September through December, Marvel's Jessica Jones averaged around 4.8 million viewers, while Narcos brought in 3.2 million viewers. Aziz Ansari's comedy Master of None, Wurtzel said, had 3.9 million viewers.

In comparison, shows like True Detective and Fargo don't get significantly higher or lower numbers. In fact, it would make sense that Netflix's numbers are low, considering that they're branching out to comic shows like Jessica Jones and movies with Adam Sandler as a result.

Quote :
"The notion that they are replacing broadcast TV may not be quite accurate,"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/14/are-these-netflixs-viewership-numbers-for-jessica-jones-narcos-and-more?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=1&utm_campaign=Blogroll&abthid=5696ed288a4af3223c000019
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe?   Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 11:09 pm

Lol Right. TV cable network managed to find a way to track Netflix's numbers. Sure, NBC.

Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? Giphy

Still love Blindspot though, but fuck you for cancelling Constantine.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe?   Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 12:58 am

Doesn't have Hannibal, so no.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe?   Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 9:06 am

yonny616 wrote:
Lol Right. TV cable network managed to find a way to track Netflix's numbers. Sure, NBC.

I don't doubt the accuracy of difference in these numbers - at all. They completely add up when you take them into consideration.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe?   Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 12:38 pm

Two completely different services in substance. Comparing numbers like this just isn't fair.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe?   Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 11:23 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

I don't doubt the accuracy of difference in these numbers - at all. They completely add up when you take them into consideration.
Let's say these numbers are, somewhat, accurate Jessica Jones has the same kind of numbers as any other comic show on TV networks - except Supergirl. Master of None is getting similar numbers to Parks & Rec. In either case it really doesn't matter.... at all.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe?   Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 8:56 am

yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Let's say these numbers are, somewhat, accurate Jessica Jones has the same kind of numbers as any other comic show on TV networks - except Supergirl. Master of None is getting similar numbers to Parks & Rec. In either case it really doesn't matter.... at all.

It doesn't matter? True, but it's also a fun idea because people are touting Netflix as "taking over the entertainment industry". Yet, its numbers are possibly the same as other TV of its own kind. Even lower than some Network stuff out there.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe?   Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 4:54 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe?   Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 5:22 pm

>Claims NBC is scared for talking Netflix
>Netflix talks NBC

Someone didn't really think it through. Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? 3202469658
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe?   Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Netflix as popular as they like you to believe?
Page 1 of 1